View Single Post
Old Friday, October 07, 2016

Groovy Huss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Huss View Post
Hello

I am yet to register for CSS 2017 exams. Besides selecting the subjects, I am also expected to check the relevant occupational groups.

I would like to know which occupational groups I should choose at this point.

I have heard that groups such as Foreign Services often result in postings to far-off and potentially too backward countries which sort of puts me off. Moreover, a role in Police Service Pakistan/Pakistan Administrative Service also doesn't quite pique my interest due to the pressure involved. Moreover, I hear all sorts of bad things about groups like Customs and Inland Revenue Service in terms of corruption and lack of growth/promotion so that holds me back from applying to those groups.

If a really high payscale (even at the very beginning of service), great likelihood of promotions in short time, great additional perks/benefits (car, accommodation, fuel, medical etc.) and a relatively relaxed/easy work/personal life with little to no likelihood of posting to far off/remote areas are my priorities, which occupational groups must I pick (in an order of preference)?

It's possible that my assumptions are totally wrong but I think your expertise on the subject will really help me make an informed decision that I don't later regret.

I would really appreciate your guidance in this matter.

Kind regards.
@Naveed_Bhuutto @Last Island @courageneverdies @Amna @Zirwaan Khan @Farrah Zafar @Taimoor Gondal @usman khalid @ZealousSanya @NaumanAwan @fahdshk @incounternable