View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 16, 2016

umair.ali is on a distinguished road

Yes Ali, perhaps in a week or two by most. You have a decent chance. I heard people scored low this time. I myself appeared, but was not looking to qualify so attempted 54 questions in all. Marked C for the rest. Saw the answer key 6 answers were C after 54. So I roughly scored 43/54 in the section that I attempted. I was expecting at least 50/54. Lets see.

The thing is even if I scored 25/25 in maths, I would have made another 3-4 mistakes out of the 21 remaining in the analytical part. It adds up to -11 and -4 so by max would have scored 85 in the test. That's why merit might be lower, or I under-performed this time.

I let go off a seat for you people by the way. I had the intention of getting a nomination and then trying to leave Pakistan, which might not have been possible for me even after getting a nomination/ award. During the test, I thought that I am blocking a deserving candidate, who will be dying to go, so I pulled out of the test in between

Good luck, let me know if you get nomination. And by the way, way too low activity on cssforum regarding CW/ Fulbright/ HEC OSS this year. Sad to see this. Really sad. When I went on CW in 2013, it was a very active forum and helped a hell lot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umair.ali For This Useful Post:
Aamish Bhatti (Monday, October 17, 2016), plotinium (Sunday, October 16, 2016)