View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 15, 2016

AHSAN BIN TUFAIL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nontechie View Post
I agree that test was not what many of us expected but it was much much better than previous tests for similar jobs (NTDC, DISCOs, SNGPL). May be you guys are frustrated but saying that worst kinds of people will pass is very harsh and uncalled for.

Moreover, GRE tests different skill sets and not necessarily required for jobs. However, yes from experience, it is really a rewarding albiet exhausting experience.

That said, what do you guys think would have been a better test? I think that this test (Electrical Power one) was probably copied from a book and was prepared without much insight. For example questions like What is the power consumption by a zero watt bulb is just ridiculous. Moreover, I think there were some mistakes as well. If I remember correctly, power factor formula was incorrect.

TL;DR it could have been better but this NTS test was a welcome improvement.

Best of luck to us :-)

Thanks and yes, I agree that GRE is a different albeit rewarding experience.

There were some repetitive questions in this test as I remember. I think that the pattern of the test should be the same as GAT Subject Test of the respective fields with mature questions designed for checking basic concepts. Best of luck to everyone. Thanks once again.