View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 01, 2016

Mohammad Ali is on a distinguished road

So the comments I make for the need of blasphemy laws in the country will be removed, is it not bias? Is it not impartiality on the part of the person who removed my comment? Do I not have a right to speak for Islamic provisions? Sad. This is not how debates are held, it is a public forum where participants come and share their viewpoints. When a person has shared his viewpoint, why could not I share my viewpoint? Just because it was in favor of Islamic law? I took it as a debate and still my comment was removed; debating something is a sign of educated people. Kindly do not remove my comment needlessly, perhaps solely because I write in favor of Islam. Blasphemy law is enshrined in the proviso to Article 19 of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, 1973, wherein freedom of speech is allowed but no utterance against the glory of Islam is permitted. Blasphemy law keeps people from hurting others' sentiments. It is vital for achieving peace within a state. Blasphemy law is not bad just because the Western media tend to paint it so.