View Single Post
Old Friday, December 23, 2016

De Despot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTUF ALI View Post
moreover UN is flawed fundamentally, its charter give all states equally member of community , yet some states have veto power, ie contradicts itself.
it even cant work without veto as big power fear small states lobby against , and those big powers contribute much of funding for UN.
only international political system that can work well is balance of power. We are in age of new balance of power in formation. The USA losing its grip allowing multi-polarity to emerge. however due to economic dependency this multipolar world will be much more connected than ever in past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTUF ALI View Post
I personally believe in realist school. USA talk about Human rights remember Mala, but than what about millions in Palestine and Syria.
So yes Realist view could explain here is how:
Russia want to maximize its power and influence to increase security. the USA want to maintain its power. it is struggle for relative gains that realist talk about, not the absolute gains that institutional liberal promote. As end of ISIS have absolute gain for the usa and saudi as well but it will have relative gains to Assad and russia .

PS: i believe Liberalism is what they tell other to do, realism is what they do. Do as we say not as we do.
Sometimes Realism seems to be the crux of international politics. Mainly due to failure of UN. However, we can't squarly undermine the liberal premises of international mechanism. Economy, in many ways, has begun to lead the international political powers. Post-Cold War nuclear disarmament and NPTo like things still make some difference and materialize the Liberal interpretations of International Politics.
I think Trump presidency would alter the conventional force of International Politics.