View Single Post
Old Monday, January 16, 2017

Saamboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenboat View Post
Since my education is private, if I get qualified, do they underestimate it in place of regular Masters comparatively with other candidates in interview? I am confident that I can pass written tests, but since the education background is not regular one, so it somehow weakens the confidence in preparation. Have you seen any of your fellows, recommended; based upon private master degree in federal government?

I am asking this because I was not recommended thrice in interview of lecturer, PCS/PMS and Planning and development department in grade 17 respectively despite that I scored better than those who were recommended in these provisional jobs. Now I feel that the only culprit seems to be my masters degree. I dono't know about federal government criteria whether they want and prefere regular degrees or they will kick me out at the end in intetview like provisonal govetnment nightmares used to be with me?

Looking forward to hear you
There is no such thing as "regulars being preferred over privates" the fact that you are shortlisted for an interview speaks for your ability to compete with the regulars. In fact, other than teaching jobs privates are encouraged for their abilities and their going the extra mile to compete with the regulars. I have known a guy or two with private education serving in government departments but again that number is low because most of the times private candidates are below par to compete with others. If you think you can clear the written part there is no reason you can't get selected. Of course, you will need to hew your communication skills to do well in the interview as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saamboy For This Useful Post:
Greenboat (Monday, January 16, 2017), N is best (Monday, January 16, 2017), Zakkhan88 (Tuesday, January 17, 2017)