Monday, May 06, 2024
09:35 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, June 17, 2015

jaris is on a distinguished road
Default Zardari challenges military establishment!

Zardari cautions military establishment for 'stepping out of domain'

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Co-Chairman and former president Asif Ali Zardari on Tuesday gave a hard-hitting speech, where he lashed out at the military establishment for overstepping its domain.

The former president said army chiefs come and go every three years but the political leadership was here to stay. “We know the country better and we know how to run its affairs," he stressed.

Speaking at an oath-taking ceremony for party bearers belonging to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Fata, Zardari warned the establishment to refrain from character assassination of political parties. "If you do not stop, I will come out with a list of accused generals since Pakistan's creation."

Zardari went on to say he did not want to weaken the country’s institutions, but "they [establishment] should also not try to create hurdles for politicians."

"This is our country, our army and we want to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them."

He suggested that the establishment separate itself from politics and not interfere in matters out of its domain.

Turning towards the government, Zardari said PPP was a staunch supporter of democracy, which was why his party backed the PML-N government to complete its tenure.

“Had we joined Captain [Imran Khan] during his street protest and resigned from the Parliament, elections would have been inevitable.”

Zardari said he had supported the government because he did not want them to “later complain they had not been given their due time at the helm.”

"Others might be in a hurry, I am not. I can wait for the sake of democracy," said Zardari.

Talking about his political achievements, Zardari said he had given the country the 18th Constitutional Amendment, which he said was a milestone in the country’s democratic evolution.

Referring to former military dictator Pervez Musharraf, Zardari said: "I know the dangers that face Pakistan, Musharraf does not. Had he known, he would not say the things he did."

"I spent five years in jail during the time Musharraf was ruling, but the 'commando' is afraid to spend even three months in prison," said Zardari.

The PPP co-chairman said if his party took to the streets, not just Sindh, the entire country's roads will be blocked. "The whole country from Karachi to Khyber will come to a standstill and will remain so till I order otherwise."

http://www.dawn.com/news/1188576/zar...-out-of-domain

I think it is start of Zardari's fall. what do you say?
Old Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Anila26 is on a distinguished road

His desperation was evident from his outburst, and it alone is enough to comprehend what is in the store for him :p
The Following User Says Thank You to Anila26 For This Useful Post:
Sociologist PU (Thursday, June 25, 2015)
Old Thursday, June 18, 2015

IslamabadKid is on a distinguished road
Post Zardari's speech

Seems like Mr. Know-it-all did not know that Rangers worked under interior ministry; he (Zardari) should have lashed out at PMLN in general and Nisar in particular. However, it is our political parties' mantra to drag army in any cumbersome situations to get attention.

He (Zardari) portrays himself a champion of democracy, but he does not know where to present one's concerns and what is the right channel to pose his concerns in democracy. He is actually making fun of democracy so as to be in news channels for his dying political party.

Decisions are not made in streets in democracy. Is this what he has been saying since Imran Khan's first sit-in(although that too is idiotic, but that's another debate)? If that is the case, can he not comprehend that in democracy one should not vilify country's most vital institutions in one's speeches openly, and one should adopt the right channel to express one's concerns (in democracy )?

Hypocrisy is unmistakable!

Other than that, one line:"Chor ke dhari main tinka."
The Following User Says Thank You to IslamabadKid For This Useful Post:
Qk Mehsood (Thursday, June 18, 2015)

informer59 is on a distinguished road

The position of military establishment seems weak otherwise Mr. Asif Zardari would not dare to speak against them.

asma mehvish is on a distinguished road

Zardari went on to say he did not want to weaken the country’s institutions, but "they [establishment] should also not try to create hurdles for politicians."

what type of hurdled create disturbance for zardari or other politician please fellows comment on this..

He suggested that the establishment separate itself from politics and not interfere in matters out of its domain.

is politicians are free for playing the havoc with live of Pakistani,s and with economy of Pakistan if any department try to stop them then they use same bad language as zardari use no one here to chek his language for our Honorable army
also share your view.
Old Friday, June 19, 2015

Qk Mehsood is on a distinguished road

I am agree with Zardaris first point he raised .The institutions must remain in their domain and they must carried out their duties. We have witnessed pethetic decetions making from milletry rulers at the time of crises and have lost one portion of Pak. But to critisize our brave soldiers at the time of crises is clearly the failure of the politicians. Pakistan is not the jehagir of zardari family based party.pakistan is the country of its tax payers who pay taxes for using any available items. Establishment is not responsible for his party down fall he and his looser team is the main cause.he should be behind the bar for his corruption and lootmar.Moreover pakistan is facing a series issue of leadership. We don't have any mature leadership and I think we will see another dictator who will waving his hand to our children (as Mushraf did) and will threaten our youth as; usher se hit karknga jaha se pata b nahi chalay ga; as Musharraf made these arrogant and weak statements on Baluchistan issue.

Sifaat Rajput is on a distinguished road

Regardless of wrong and right, army is just an institution of the state. It is neither state itself nor above from state. Criticism shall be tolerated. If AAZ is corrupt, so is military. After all it is an institution run by people, not angels. Therefore, tolerate criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qk Mehsood View Post
I am agree with Zardaris first point he raised .The institutions must remain in their domain and they must carried out their duties. We have witnessed pethetic decetions making from milletry rulers at the time of crises and have lost one portion of Pak. But to critisize our brave soldiers at the time of crises is clearly the failure of the politicians. Pakistan is not the jehagir of zardari family based party.pakistan is the country of its tax payers who pay taxes for using any available items. Establishment is not responsible for his party down fall he and his looser team is the main cause.he should be behind the bar for his corruption and lootmar.Moreover pakistan is facing a series issue of leadership. We don't have any mature leadership and I think we will see another dictator who will waving his hand to our children (as Mushraf did) and will threaten our youth as; usher se hit karknga jaha se pata b nahi chalay ga; as Musharraf made these arrogant and weak statements on Baluchistan issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifaat Rajput View Post
Regardless of wrong and right, army is just an institution of the state. It is neither state itself nor above from state. Criticism shall be tolerated. If AAZ is corrupt, so is military. After all it is an institution run by people, not angels. Therefore, tolerate criticism.
i agreed Qk Mehsood no leader is innocent or reliable in Pakistan( subhi ak thali k baty chaty hyn) but now a time when Pakistan facing many challenges from external world specialty from India openly and from America secretly such type of statement can create very tough situation. zardari said i can block the street of whole pakistan not only in Sindh this thinking in not of true pakistani and every one know that in 1971 when pakistan break with many hidden and open causes of its breakage one reason was overconfidence of janab bhotto, and now zardari too show very over confidence instead of patriotism.
sifat rajput i agree criticism is part of democracy but i ask from which type of democracy?? and where is democracy when we talk about the work of these leaders . this is not criticism in democracy. for the benefits of pakistan nothing is more important then pakistan even these blood sucking politician . now military is guard of pakistan and i think no wise man bark on his guard
Excursionist
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,478 Times in 754 Posts
Man Jaanbazam has a spectacular aura aboutMan Jaanbazam has a spectacular aura aboutMan Jaanbazam has a spectacular aura about

I think our dilemma while discussing these issues is that we start blaming our past and end up in conflicts. No matter Army Bosses also did wrong somehow but we should also keep in view the recent geopolitics of the region and then analyse the role of army and politicians. As Zardari's statement is relevant to current scenario so by sticking to the very point we must discourage the statements and publicity stunts like these. Politicians have always tried to take advantage of the things by blaming past. O mere bhai past is gone. So why are you not delivering now. Show something then talk. And I am afraid to say that the role of our so called politicians in current critical stage is disgusting whether it is security situation or public service, its just pathetic. People like Zardari should be made accountable publicly for their misuse of power. I mean openly expressing statement like these is more than to say that I am a badmash and you cannot harm me. Try it even.

Last edited by Man Jaanbazam; Friday, June 19, 2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Spellings Mistake
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Man Jaanbazam For This Useful Post:
asma mehvish (Friday, June 19, 2015), Mehria (Monday, June 22, 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Jaanbazam View Post
I think our dilemma while discussing these issues is that we start blaming our past and end up in conflicts. No matter Army Bosses also did wrong somehow but we should also keep in view the recent geopolitics of the region and then analyses the role of army and politicians. As Zardari's statement is relevant to current scenario. So ny sticking to the very point we must discourage the statements and publicity stunts like these. Politicians have always tried to take advantage of the things by blaming past. O mere bhai past is gone. So why are you not delievering now. Show something then talk. And I am afraid to say that the role of our so called politicians in current critical stage is disgusting whether it is security situation or public service, its just pathetic. People like Zardari should be made accountable publicaly for their misuse of power. I mean openly expressing statement like these is more than to say that I am a badmash and you cannot harm me. Try it even.
your last line is nice interpretation of zardari,s statement
The Following User Says Thank You to asma mehvish For This Useful Post:
Man Jaanbazam (Friday, June 19, 2015)