Monday, April 29, 2024
08:00 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Astute Accountant has a spectacular aura aboutAstute Accountant has a spectacular aura about
Arrow Islam n’ Pakistan

Just wondering if Islam is the essence of Pakistan or is Pakistan mandatory for the cause of Islam?
Positive comments would be much appreciated.

Gratitude…!
Old Sunday, September 09, 2007
Member of the Month June 2007/ July 2007

STRAIN2 will become famous soon enoughSTRAIN2 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Excellent

AOA
Very good post started by you. I dont know why forum members have not yet started discussing the issue.

Give me some time and Inshallah i'll put some of my comments on it soon Inshaallah.

Proud Pharmacist is on a distinguished road

Yes this is very nice thread. It will bring about very interesting posts. I will also submit my comments shortly, Insha Allah.

aasho is on a distinguished road

pakistan was based onthe ideology of Islam but Quaid always talked about secularism,liberalism and democracy,therefore,we have to move with all this
Old Monday, September 10, 2007

touseef4pk is on a distinguished road

I suppose Mr. Astute Accountant has touched one of the most fundamental, perplexing and emotionally charged issues, namely, Islam is the essence of Pakistan. For deeper understating of this issue we need to be aware of what Quaid‘s vision was about the Pakistan. It is very regrettable that many secularist and Islamist alike have tried their best to mask Quid’s total personality with their own spins. Everyone plucks and picks some thing from his life to prove or disprove his or her point of view without presenting his life’s total picture.

Here, I would like to mention some Quaid’s speeches which reflect his idea about the future Pakistani state.

Quaid-e-Azam said in his presidential address in 1940:
“It is extremely difficult to appreciate why our Hindu friends fail to understand the real nature of Islam and Hinduism. They are not religions in the strict sense of the word but are, in fact, different and distinct social orders… The Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs, literatures. They belong to two different civilizations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions. Their aspects of life and our life are different.”

In his speech at the Frontier Muslim League Conference on November 21, 1945, he said:
“We have to fight a double edged battle, one against the Hindu Congress and the British Imperialists, both of them being capitalists. The Muslims demand Pakistan where they could rule according to their own code of life and according to their own cultural growth, traditions and Islamic laws.”

In a message to NWFP Muslim Students Federation in April 1943, he said:
“You have asked me to give a message. What message can I give you? We have got the great message in the Quran for our guidance and enlightenment.”

In an Eid message to the nation in 1945, he said:
“Every Muslim knows that the injunctions of the Quran are not confined to religious and moral duties. Everyone except those who are ignorant, knows that the Quran is the general code of the Muslims. A religious, social, civil, commercial, military, judicial, criminal and penal code; it regulates everything from the ceremonies of religion to those of daily life; from the salvation of the soul to the health of the body; from the rights of all, to those of each individual; from morality to crime; from punishment here to that in the life to come, and our Prophet (S) has enjoined on us that every Muslim should possess a copy of the Holy Quran and be his own priest. Therefore, Islam is not confined to the spiritual tenets and doctrines and rituals and ceremonies. It is a complete code regulating the whole Muslim society in every department of life, collectively and individually.”

In light of the above speeches, we can clearly make out that Quaid-e-Azam was neither for Western-style democracy nor for Mulla-style theocracy. He basically supported what may be called Islamic social democracy. we have made it a very contentious issue instead of addressing it in the light of Quaid's vision.
Old Monday, September 10, 2007

Astute Accountant has a spectacular aura aboutAstute Accountant has a spectacular aura about

Well, I heard one of the Pakistani politicians that Quaid-e-Azam had established Pakistan for the "Muslims" and not for "Islam". What nonsense, Is there any difference between Muslims and Islam????
In my view, the politicians always have their own axe to grind. At one instant they milk out "religion" and at the other instant, they support "modrenization. What side should an average-knowlegded go? Just no (compelte) idea.....