Thursday, June 06, 2024
10:17 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, September 13, 2007

Anarkali is on a distinguished road
Default Can we progress without English language?

Can we progress without English language?
Yes we can or we can not.

"Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face."

Best Wishes for all.

Decisive is on a distinguished road

NO we can't .................................................. ..

********** The S c H i l l e r **********

Astute Accountant has a spectacular aura aboutAstute Accountant has a spectacular aura about

No, not completely in my view. Will explain it in detail in a day or two.
Old Friday, September 14, 2007
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 7865

sadam gurmani is on a distinguished road

it is not possibe that can do progress with out knowing the international language.today our most courses are in english written by english scientists and professors. so most of the part of our knowledge is in english to get this it is necessary.as well as the grammatical english is concerned .english is vast language than urdu. To express the complete feelings it is necessary ......................

shafaq tahir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarkali
Can we progress without English language?
Yes we can or we can not.
first thing is that, " is progress mean development?" then.........
progress is not a matter of english language, if we have to give the ans of this question in present scenario or in personal progrss then, we can say perhaps we cant do without english language..................

but as far as national progress in long terms is concernd it can surely do without english language. actually progress is not depend on any language, according to me it depends on thinking and comprehensive understanding of things. if we learn things in english, then we can just become impersonator not developer.
a lot of examples can be given in this context such as Sir lanka, where litracy rate is 90+ and a rikshaw driver(who even not got primary education) can speak much better english than our graduates. question is that if english is a reason of progress, they why they are not developed like us?
on the other hand a lot of other countries such as Germany, France and so on.... are progressed and developed while there language is not english!!!!!
to keep this view that mostly literature regarding science, technology or other things is in english, so to do progress english language is complusary, is just an idiotic view.
in my opinion progress can be done only when we have comprehensive understanding of things, concepts or situations and can mold them according to our needs and it will be only possible when our education will be in our mother language where we can make arguments for our own sake!!!
but hope for the best

sam_diya is on a distinguished road

English being international language has its importance as it is the language of trade and education besides others but it is not vital for one,s progress.progress n develpoment depends on one,s hard work dedication n sincerity towards one,s goals and he can acheive it without the barrier of language.For example,our neighbour country CHINA is emerging as one of the most powerful county not only in this region but also ine world,whereas english is a closed book to many chinease student and people.their progress is coz of their extreme hard work be in agriculture or technology.
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  106

Waseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura aboutWaseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura about

the importance of english language cant be undermined, as it has become a international language so for the conveyance of our ideas on international desk,we have to rely on english......
as for as the sustainability/progress of nations is concerned,there are certain constraints regarding language (english)
there are many countries who have made progress without english like germany,france,russia and china etc but there are also certain countries who failed in the race of progress only because of unawareness from english...take the example of iran where university language is persian..books are first translated into persian then taught in universities (it is worth mentioning here that the translation of books take almost 3 years).that is the reason iran, full with natural resources,is still lagging behind in the feild of research..
coming towards germany,china,russia,france we realize that the actual knowldge is emanating from these countries and being translated into english,thats why they are independent from shackles of english...

In pakistan turning blind eye to english may prove fatal and paralyze the research.we have put our eggs in english basket , so it would be unwise to deviate from it....our history is also blended with english language....moreover by having profound language skill we can approach the rich treasure of knowledge mostly described in english on net....

At end i would like to conclude that progrees can be made without english but it is an uphill task for us....so keep it AS IT IS
The Following User Says Thank You to Waseem Riaz Khan For This Useful Post:
Omer (Friday, September 14, 2007)

Omer will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb

No its not possible.
e.g. China who giv more importance to use chinese language,its ppl now learning english and most of their high rank officers and corporate officials cant understand the english and we need to use simple english words to make them clear.Almost every student of china in europe need to do english course so that to convey and understand.

So its not possible to progress without English as if u cant make others to understand urself or cant understand others,how u can progree.
"A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."

Mystichina is on a distinguished road

Progress does not lies in english language, although keeping in view the situation of Pakistan, it can be said that it is important. Because all the official works, some parts of education, etc. are done in english, which I think is not fair with the poor people who cannot understand english. Atleast all the official and legal transactions must be undertaken in urdu.

For progress, apart from english language many other things are concerned, like the political system of the country and it's infrastructure. If we take a Pakistani child and a Chinese child of the same age then you can find a big difference in their minds. Chinese children are much more developed than the Pakistani children. This is not my estimation, I have examined this infront of myself, while teaching the class of ESL, where children of various countries study and learn english.

Regarding the situation of Pakistan I must say that english is important for everyone to learn not because it is very important but because we cannot progress without it. But still it should not be taken as the first language in Pakistan, it should be applicable on the international level to interact in the international world.
Old Saturday, September 15, 2007

jk_bohio is on a distinguished road

i don,t think progress is possible without english...............................

Lord of himself ,though not of lands

He hath nothing, yet he hath all