Friday, May 03, 2024
08:16 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, July 11, 2008

mayna khan is on a distinguished road
Question WE are Syed, Mirza and Afgan, but are we Muslims also?

we admit that we are Muslims by default (becous we were born in a Muslim family) like 90% of the population but did Not know who the Muslims were? What were thay supposed to do? Why were thay declared a superior Nation? Why did Muslims become what thay became? Why have we lost our Superiority over others? I used to say my Prayers but never knew,Why Like the majority, I also never took Pride in being a Muslim.
The Following User Says Thank You to mayna khan For This Useful Post:
Faraz_1984 (Friday, July 11, 2008)
Royal Queen of Literature
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModGold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2008Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: More than 5 years of dedicated servicesModerator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Thanked 15,848 Times in 5,006 Posts
Last Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayna khan
we admit that we are Muslims by default (becous we were born in a Muslim family) like 90% of the population but did Not know who the Muslims were? What were thay supposed to do? Why were thay declared a superior Nation? Why did Muslims become what thay became? Why have we lost our Superiority over others? I used to say my Prayers but never knew,Why Like the majority, I also never took Pride in being a Muslim.
I m really stunned to read what u have written. Is this really a case?
  • We dont know who Muslims were and why they were and are superior?
  • Dont we really know what Prayers are and why they are made obligatory?
  • Aint we proud of being Muslims?
At least I have answers to these questions and Alhamdulillah i m proud of what I m, Proud to be a Muslim and Pakistani.

@ Hey Majority !!

Are you all ignorant too? Answer me and take me out of this shocking state.

Surmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayna khan

First of all, I need you to correct your pronoun , linguistically speaking as you are not representing the Muslims but some others. Let me do it for you in indirect form.

You admit that you are Muslim by default (becous you were born in a Muslim family) like 90% of the population but did Not know who the Muslims were? (Who showed you this survey, statistically speaking) What were they supposed to do? (They were supposed to worship ALLAH and obey the sayings of Him prescribed by Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)) Why were they declared a superior Nation? (Because they were superior and they proved that and every single person on Earth knows that and also their KARNAMAAz) Why did Muslims become what thay became?(what's that???????????) Why have we lost our Superiority over others?(Because of such foolishness, thinking that why we Worship ALLAH, rather than how can I obey Him and make Him ALLAH, in short, feeling shame being Muslims we lost our grace and honor) I used to say my Prayers but never knew,Why (Its because that you haven't been TRUE MUSLIM since you born, and nobody told you the TRUE meanings of 'ISLAM and being a Muslim')[SIZE=3]Like the majority, I also never took Pride in being a Muslim.(You never feel pride being a Muslim, may be in which society you live and grownup don't proud to be Muslim so mention the majority )

Now come to the main point, We say rather than offering, prayers in a day for ALLAH, nigher as a duty nor for some reward (i.e SAWAB). We just say Namaz for, that ALLAH asked us for saying.

And for more information, you can check the similar thread started earlier

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...ated-jews.html

And I am not among those MAJORITY, as I am Muslim and understand very well that who we are, who is ALLAH why do we worship Him, Last Island but I want to know your Ideas.

Last edited by Surmount; Friday, July 11, 2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: .

mayna khan is on a distinguished road
Question

Dear sis,1st of all thanks, and then i want to say pls don t be emotional,and think about it.i want to give u my exmple. In my childhood i could not make any Muslim role models.there was a big contradiction between what was there in a Holy Quran and what i saw in my daily life.So the image i had about Muslims was based on what i saw.Like majority of Muslims i also used to get impressed by Europeans,their truth,cleanliness,manners,etiquettes,politeness,ho nesty,ablities,efficiency,working habits,their lifestyle,their courtesy,respect for other rights,their respect for senior citizens and disabled,their patience,orderliness,smiles,discipline,and what not.it always gave me an impression that thay were human beings than Muslims,but did not know why?when we grew up and went to the college,we were taught books written by American and European authers that Reinforced the childhood myth that they were better educated and Knowledgeable and so we read their books.i looked around many times but could not find any person to make a role model.then a time came,when i had the opportunity to go abrod,and live with them,and closely observe them.whatever i noticed in my university,@ their homes,streets,work,at the supermarket reinforced my thoughts. i hope after this u will better understand this my Questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to mayna khan For This Useful Post:

REDROSE is on a distinguished road
Default Don't avoid questions........

I m really stunned to read what u have written.
Is this really a case?
We dont know who Muslims were and why they were and are superior?
Dont we really know what Prayers are and why they are made obligatory?
Aint we proud of being Muslims?

There is no need to be so stunned……………We must admit that this is the dilemma of whole new generation of Muslims in every country (Including where Muslims are not in majority).Yes our elders have been totally failed in teaching us what Muslims were and why they were superior? One is well aware of what has been to the Islamyat syllabus. Even in Masajids our Ulemas (mostly so called molvis) have been failed to present true picture of Islam. I have visited and attended many religious speeches but didn’t found even a single alim who can tell how to balance Deen and Dunya.

In rural areas and majority of children of new generation are ignorant of basics of Islam including prayer. Most of us offer prayer as a routine duty. If someone is concerned over this statement then tell me if Salat protects you from wrong doings and absurd things then go on streets and see what the situation really is. Prayer is the medium of communication with Allah. Tell me how many of us have talked to Allah through this medium? We have made religion so difficult that we are confused over the single way to offer prayer and even have conflicts over sunni mosque,shia mosque,ahl-e-haddes mosque,braelvi mosque and so on.

Proud Muslims………….. Do we know what makes a Muslim proud? Where do we stand in world? What is our contribution to the betterment of this world? How many non Muslims accept Islam by seeing acts of musalman? Statistics tells us that entire Muslim world is blessed with plenty of natural resources, unparalleled talent but we are no where in world.

The above are some bitter realities and really raise such questions. Glorious past is our precious asset but we have to live in present world. If someone is proud to be Pakistani or a Muslim then tell me Is Islam or Pakistan proud of him? Islam is best religion but we are the worst Muslims.

Here in Pakistan it is very easy to avoid such questions by using emotional words but for a Muslim living in European country it is really a tough job to defend the current pathetic situation of Muslims.

Face these questions bravely and try to convince with arguments and practical examples. Islam is already a great religion and we must be proud of being Muslim but real thing is that Is Allah and Muhammad (S.A.W.S) proud of us?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REDROSE For This Useful Post:
mayna khan (Saturday, July 12, 2008), zaman (Saturday, July 12, 2008)
Banned

Faraz_1984 is infamous around these parts
Default Dear Khan

I respect all yours feeling but I hope I will not be Emotional
InsAllah

The Quran

This day [the day of the Prophet's 'Farewell Address' on which the last verse of the Quran was revealed] have I made perfect for you your religion, and have completed My favour towards you, and am satisfied with Islam for you as your religion. -- 5:3
O Prophet, say: the religion of truth is that which has come unto you from your Lord. So let whoever wishes believe, and whoever wishes, be an unbeliever. -- 18:29
I hope it’s give you some idea

As you said by default

I guess thank to Allah we have born a Muslim before Islam what people were doing I guess you have been to primary education of school

It’s not yours fault I guess that you don’t know

As you said you born a Muslim here are few facts

I can use my holy book Quotation but I thought you are more believers of yours western culture so here is few facts from them.
Among every four humans in the world, one of them is Muslim. Muslims have
increased by over 235 percent in the last fifty years up to nearly 1.6
billion. By comparison, Christians have increased by only 47 percent and
Jews have decreased by 4%. In the West, Islam is the second largest
religious group in France, Great Britain and USA."
The CIA World's Facts Book

"The total number of Muslims in 1996 was 1.4 billion which was 26% of the
world population. According to UN statistics Islam's annual growth in
1994-1995 was 6.40% compared to only 1.46% of Christianity. The total number
of Muslims in the world in 1998 was 1.6 billion (1, 678, 442,000)."
www.bbc.co.uk
Author Samuel Huntington predicts that Islam will overtake Christianity
early in the 21st century. By the year 2025, Islam will have 5% more
adherents than will Christianity.

@
The second-largest religion in the world after Christianity, Islam is
also the fastest-growing religion. In the United States, for example, nearly
80 percent of the more than 1,200 mosques have been built in the past 12
years."

I can give you so 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 examples about that still its growing more than yours imagination

Now reason why we have been failed it’s our own fault people like us who think in negative way

i have mention that read on discussion forum

We are not implementing 100% on us

That’s why we didn’t stand as European stands

As you said that honest etc drama they have learn from us

If you have even read the book of top 100 personality books

So 1st name if our PBUH he Is among them on top
The Following User Says Thank You to Faraz_1984 For This Useful Post:
mayna khan (Saturday, July 12, 2008)

Default Be patient..................plz

@surmount

C’mon.Don’t be emotional. You have identified right points but see all goes against us (Muslims).The thread you have mentioned reinforce thinking of Mayna Khan. Realistically speaking can we suggest him/her muslim role model of our times?

My request to all members that please be patient. Such questions should be handled very tactfully. We have to remove his/her doubts not to give rise to further ambiguity.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REDROSE For This Useful Post:
Faraz_1984 (Friday, July 11, 2008), mayna khan (Saturday, July 12, 2008)

Hurriah will become famous soon enoughHurriah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
In my childhood i could not make any Muslim role models.there was a big contradiction between what was there in a Holy Quran and what i saw in my daily life.

You had Quran with you , though all Muslimz have , but did you ever tried to read Quran , did u ever tried to understand it , did you ??
Quran itself has the answer to all your questions .

You yourself going far away from your religion by avoiding it.

@Mayna khan

I appreciate your questions and at the same time i am sad because of successful propoganda of west.

Muslims now a days are having their bad times.It is not because of Islam but solely because of our own mistakes.We have lost essence of islam.

Instead of looking for examples around you try to set examples.Study Quran and Pray to Allah for the right path.May Allah help you and all of uste be exemplary muslims.Ameen
The Following User Says Thank You to REDROSE For This Useful Post:
Faraz_1984 (Saturday, July 12, 2008)
Banned

Faraz_1984 is infamous around these parts
Default why we pray?? read out insAllah it will help u alot brother

Why We Pray?

The Muslim observes his Prayers to show devotion and obedience to Allah, because Prayer is one of the greatest forms of worship that Allah likes His servants to offer.

To thank Him for creating us in the best form of creation.

Because He has guided us to the Deen (Complete way of Life, Religion) of Islam.

Prayer is a chance for a Muslim to express to his Lord whatever he feels and needs through Divine Words of Allah i.e. the Qur'an.

To remember his Lord and not forget His commands amid life's pre-occupations.

To ask Allah, The Exalted, to give him aid and continuous guidance in the darkness of life.

To strengthen love and fear of Allah in the Muslim's heart so that he might remain sticking to the Right Path of Islam, and its laws and manners.

Gaining good rewards from Allah and having our sins forgiven.

To rejoice when he finds himself on the Last Day pleased with the great reward allotted to him in the Gardens of Bliss.

Prayer is a unique training and developmental program which, if well and devotedly performed, can achieve for Muslims many valuable physical, ethical and spiritual gains such as cleanliness, health, order, punctuality, brotherhood, equality, social consolidation,… etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Faraz_1984 For This Useful Post:
mayna khan (Saturday, July 12, 2008)