Monday, May 06, 2024
11:37 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, July 30, 2008

REDROSE is on a distinguished road

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Compassionate

What makes US proud?

The main criticism repeated throughout the posts was that don’t discuss the ummah as a whole (i.e. Ummah is on right track) but there are few individuals who don’t know or are confused in teachings of Islam and they should try to correct themselves (Agreed but to some extent but can’t deny the impact of environment on individuals). An individual is basic unit of society and while we talk about society then society is discussed as a whole not individuals. Being a Muslim we should be proud that we belong to Ummah e Muhammad (S.A.W.S) and must thank to Allah but current pathetic state of Muslims doesn’t make a Muslim proud. That is the point which needs attention. Despite of having best religion, most praised Prophet (S.A.W.S), abundance of resources and huge population size throughout the world we are unable to capture the world. Here purpose was to point out ummah deficiencies and then to see why they are and how to overcome these. But what we are discussing that we are best Ummah (yes we are) but why ummah has downfall (this downfall was already predicted by hadiths).

If a child ask from his father what is going in Palestine and why ummah is unable to rescue the unarmed Muslims then put your hand on heart and answer does it make you proud?

When Allah will ask you when Jews were demolishing the houses and killing the innocent Muslims; what were you doing? Will it make us (me) proud?
When Allah will ask you when a sister (Fatima) from Abu Gareeb prison camp wrote a letter for help to whole ummah what you did? Will it make you (me) proud? Will you (me) say we were busy in self searching and we were deciding whether faith was matter between individual and Allah? Yes Allah will not ask us about other deeds but will ask about what we did when others were doing wrongs? There is no blame game and all is being said in good faith and to tell what we are doing as a ummah by no means meet Islamic standards.

When historian of tomorrow will write that our head of state sold a Muslim women (Dr. Afia Siddiqui) to USA and whose cries had jolted the sky, but the so called proud ummah was busy in solving the problem of what is haqooq Allah and haqooq Ibad, will this make you (me) proud?
When prisoners in Qandhar were losing their lives in an air tight container and when humanity was dying in Guantanamobay; what ummah was doing? Is this the proud thing for Muslims? Allah will ask about Individual deeds but also take in to account these matters.

The topic was not intended to hurt anyone or hitting Islam by saying that Islam does not make us proud but was intended to discuss does the present situation makes us proud? It is because we are away from teachings of Islam and this is what required to be sorted out first. Surely there is gap between what we do 5 times a day and what we do besides that (Exception is always there but it is the proportion that should be taken into account).

If we are so good in our prayers and praising Allah then all these Ibadat not bring spiritual heights but also barakat of these ibadat can be seen in daily life; show me where are those barakat? Salat protects a Muslims from sins and wrong doings but read the news papers, watch television, analyse your environment and one should analyse his own self is our salat protecting us from sins and wrong doings? If majority knows what salat is and how it affects a momin then why there is distress amongst all the sects of society? If we know what Muslims were and why they were superior then question is why we lost our superiority? What we are doing to regain our status? Who says Faith is matter between master and slave?

From 'Umar (RA) who said that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said:

"Each of you is a guardian and is responsible for those whom he is in charge of. So the ruler is a guardian and is responsible for his subjects; a man is the guardian of his family and is responsible for those under his care; a woman is a guardian of her husband's home and is responsible for those under her care; a servant is the guardian of his master's wealth and is responsible for that which he is entrusted with; and a man is the guardian of his father's wealth and is responsible fore what is under his care. So each one of you is a guardian and is responsible for what he is entrusted with."
[Reported by al-Bukharee and Muslim]

Percentage Population by Religion 1998, Pakistan
Muslim Christian Hindu (Jati) Qadiani Scheduled Cast Others

All Areas 96.16 1.69 1.40 0.35 0.33 0.06
Rural 96.49 1.10 1.80 0.18 0.34 0.08
Urban 95.51 2.82 1.22 0.34 0.06 0.04

Census Report of Pakistan 1998, Pakistan Census Organization, GOP
*State of World Refugees and UNHCR Global Report 2002, UNHCR

http://www.pap.org.pk/statistics/population.htm#tab1.4

Statistically interpreting above data, out of 96% Muslims may be 6% (can be estimated if we look around and general understanding) are those who embrace Islam by seeing our high standards of social and economic equality, justice system and our great deeds. Remaining 90% are those who are born Muslims. And out of these 90% if you can see people around you to calculate the figure of those who have studied Islam as a religion and way of life then you will find that they are very few. I am also a born Muslim but real question is am I good enough or in other words how good I am in practicing Islam. If you spread your thoughts and analyse your society in detail you will come to the conclusion although majority of people offer prayers, recite kalimah and Quran but what they do totally negates what they say. Look around and see how Islamic we are? Exceptions are always there in every field but what count is proportion i.e. if good people are more than those who are below criteria then that society is called exemplary and vice versa. See what is our proportion? Can we claim that we belong to that best ummah whose 17 year young man devastated the strong army of Raja Dahir because a Muslim sister called for help? Can we proudly say that we belong to that ummah who at one time was knocking the doors of Europe and now we are divided in more than 50 states?
Can we claim that we belong to that ummah who at one time has lightened the world by their glorious knowledge but now whole Muslim world doesn’t have even a single university in top hundred? Some people have correctly identified this is all because we are away from preaching of Islam rightly this is what said in very first post indirectly.

If someone says ummah is still enjoying the same status then I will stop here because if someone want to live in fool’s paradise then it is useless to waste time.

Having a glorious past is an asset for us but historian of tomorrow will not write that what a glorious past we had but what we did to maintain our glorious position? He will not ask how many we were but write about we were such a fool that despite of having largest population size, unprecedented resources and 57 Islamic states our effectiveness was zero.

With this post I am going to end my contribution to this thread. My perception was different about the questions in first post and it really helped me to evaluate myself and really pushed me to study the topic. Differences are always there but I am thankful to Last Island, surmount mayna khan and fraz for their valuable contribution to my knowledge. May Allah bless all of them and May Allah bless all of us with true understanding of Islam and may give us courage and strength to give our coming generations a proud future.Ameen
The Following User Says Thank You to REDROSE For This Useful Post:
Faraz_1984 (Wednesday, July 30, 2008)
Old Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Banned

Faraz_1984 is infamous around these parts
Default Dear Brother Red Rose,

Dear Brother Red Rose,

As far as I am concern you did marvelous job you discuss those issue which should be high precedence on every forum.

May Allah Pak Give you its Ajar
Ameen

You have studied really well about the topic I appreciate you for it

World Jewish Population 14 million

World Muslim Population: 1.5 billion

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...ated-jews.html

I have done some comparison and why we lost our path hopefully it will help you bit more to get increase you knowledge

May Allah Pak Bless you
And show us our right track
Ameen
Old Saturday, August 02, 2008

mayna khan is on a distinguished road

One more time i want to say sorry members.My basic purpose behind this discusion was not to hurt anyone,and i never ever try to point my finger on anyone,and was not blaming the Ummah.
My respected members if i dare to discuse the whole socity,then there was some very solid reasion behind that.
I know there is a difference between the muslim and Momin,that is why i was discusing the Muslim not the Momin.
I want to pay my special thanks to "princes Royal" she is so nice and sweet modrater.
And my respected "Tabassum shabbir Awan,redrose,Fraz84 and Surmount" I also want to appreciate all of you.
And Surmount,now at the end im shooked,You are appreciating traetinadeed,and you are impreesed by him.Weel its your choice.And i never want to discuse,whatever you said in your last post.
All the best for your exms.
Old Saturday, August 02, 2008

Surmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the rough

@ Mayna

Dear MS KHAN, I appreciated some of Treatindeed's words and wrote against those words which didn't attract me logically and realistically. You can check my line-by-line response to him/her.

I response to the sayings/words, not to the tongue.

However, I don't have any clash with any of member, personally. As this Forum is like a Home, and the members are like Family members. However, your contribution is very nice. Thanks for wishing.
Old Thursday, August 07, 2008

Location: KARACHI (CITY OF LIGHTS AND PAKISTAN'S ECONOMIC HUB
khalidmaroof has a little shameless behaviour in the past

B/c we dont give importance to our history.
we dont know our history.
Old Friday, September 05, 2008

abdulhaseebansari is on a distinguished road
Arrow Are we muslims?

One whoe believes in monotheism and in finality of prophethood on the prophet (pbuh) is muslim. By his actions one should not use to mingle.
After all, ALLAH knows better whether who is a muslim.