CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry Restored (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/22376-justice-iftikhar-chaudhry-restored.html)

Viceroy Monday, March 16, 2009 06:31 AM

Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry Restored

[QUOTE][URL="http://www.geo.tv/3-16-2009/37454.htm"]GEO Pakistan[/URL]

Updated at: 0208 PST, Monday, March 16, 2009

Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry to be restored as Chief Justice of Pakistan ISLAMABAD: In a golden moment in Pakistan’s history, the government has decided to restore the deposed Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry.

The Opposition Leader in the National Assembly, Chaudhry Nisar told Geo news about the decision of Justice Iftikhar’s reinstatement. He told Geo news senior Analyst Kamran Khan that Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani had personally told him about Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry’s reinstatement.

Chaudhry Nisar said the PM would reinstate the deposed chief justice through an executive order.[/QUOTE]

[B]
Finally, the prolonged struggle of the lawyers, political parties and members of the civil society meets its fruitful end. According to the latest updates that I have now, Iftikhar Choudhry will be back in his chair on 21st March as soon as Justice Dogar retires.

However, Is that really the dawn we were waiting for ? Opinions may vary

Your Comments ?[/B]

falconer Monday, March 16, 2009 09:00 AM

justice chaudary's return

finally the justce has been restored with honour.

but i have few doubts about the next emerging scenario of "POWER POLITICS".

the nationalist parties will use disobedience as a tool 2 weaken federation.:
:thinking

Kamran Monday, March 16, 2009 09:43 AM

[B]At last,External & Internal Presuure persuaded Zardari to change his mind.[/B]

[B]This Long March 'll have serious repercussion on our society.[/B]

a) Question arises why police failed to comply with orders in Lahore.
Around 300 police personnel cordoned off the Model Town residence of Nawaz Sharif. However, the heavy contingent failed to prevent Nawaz Sharif leader from leaving the residence and joining the long march.All the personnel deployed in Model Town were reluctant to place barriers or to baton charge the supporters of Nawaz Sharif.
[B]I am not saying that police officials should have faced the crowd with force.[/B]
we should consider this act of Police officials & civil servants as loyalty to Mian Nawaz Sharif OR Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Secondly,I was annoyed at horrible attitude of MQM.
[QUOTE]The MQM has decided that the party would quit the coalition from the Sindh and federal governments within 48 hours if the Sindh government did not take notice of anti-Sindh slogans shouted by participants of the long march in Lahore. [/QUOTE]

Though, all stake holders has clarified that anti-sindh slogans were not shouted but still MQM wanted this issue to be used to gain the Favour of our Sindhi brothers.

We should condemn the wrong perception of MQM by converting this lawyers movement in to [B]Punjab VS Sindh.[/B]

azix_zee Monday, March 16, 2009 11:31 AM

[B]There is WIN-WIN situation for all! Each and every citizen of this country, wether a politician or ordinary public, has won a great victory by the restoration of C.J: Iftikhar Ch: and all other Judges, but we should not take away the credit from P.M, Syes Yousaf Raza Gilani, who is truly deserved to be the man of the moment and history![/B]

Viceroy Monday, March 16, 2009 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=azix_zee][B]There is WIN-WIN situation for all! Each and every citizen of this country, wether a politician or ordinary public, has won a great victory by the restoration of C.J: Iftikhar Ch: and all other Judges![/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you azix_zee ... Infact what I see is a great opportunity ahead which may be lost as a result of small mistakes by the stake holders of this case. I see this to be the right time for carefully nurturing the seeds that have been sown for the first time in Pakistan. The change in the political culture, where the government has made a right decission and the opposition has congratulated them; should prevail in the future.

We as a nation, have succeeded in sending a very strong message around the globe. We have proved that this nation, once provoked, can bear prolonged and hard tests on the streets but will not give up its rights to tyrants.

I pray that may all the stake holders of this case be able to deal with the fore coming situations with the same enthusiasm and tolerance. That's what is the need of the hour in my opinion.

Adios

dr.atifrana Monday, March 16, 2009 12:12 PM

AOA,
There must be some conditions for choudry to hold his office back.Because ,if he is to be restored ,he must conform to the decisions of ruling party to maintain status quo.

abdulhaseebansari Monday, March 16, 2009 12:19 PM

A good step towards the stability of democracy.

One must have to be glad for such a graet resolve.
The restoration of the judiciary in Pakistan is a good step to make stablise our democracy. However, it would be wrong to tell about it before its implementation. Because there have been a few promises that the president of Pakistan did not keep.
Despite the verbal restoreation has been said, still a practicle is needed.

mariyah ahmed Monday, March 16, 2009 12:51 PM

Congrats

CONGRATS to all of you for such a bright lovely morning with a new ray of hope and happiness! salute to all of them who brought this to us with thier untiring efforts. the success is not the resortation of judiciary only but the real success lies within the strength of people... HAPPY VICTORY! We the people of Pakistan , is not that weak anymore....We know our rights now and We know how to defend them....

(United we Stand, Divided we fall)

The Star Monday, March 16, 2009 12:51 PM

I perceive that Restoration of Iftikhar Ch will also result in some future crisises.we got to wait n see.If justice iftikkhar overrules NRO then a new crisis will emerge.He might summon General Pervai Musharaf as well.No doubt restoration of justice iftikhar is a good step towards independence of judiciary but we all know that his restoration is not in the interst of Mr 10 percent.we might see another long march in case if justice iftikhar overrules NRO. political stability is still far far away.lets hope for the best.

Wazeer Monday, March 16, 2009 12:57 PM

A poem for cheif justice

Tum nai haq kaa Alam Uthaya
Dhekoo tumm koo kitnaa piyaar mila
Tum chali bhi jaoo agar too ,
Log yehi kahain gai kai zulifqar kai baad humain bhi 2007 main aik yaar mila..
tum nai too socha bhi nahi hoga ,
Par tum sai hii is mulk koo tabdili kaa nara mila .
ub jamhoriat ayi hai , ub log uthai gai tumhari tarhaa..
Ub har baap yehi kahai gaa mujhai chudry jaisaa beta mila ..
Agar koi is moqai kaa bhi fayida uthai ...
too hum kahain gai kai humain bhi beekar hukmran mila..
Ub lugta hai quaid kaa Nara sach hua...
Har kisi koo haq milain gaa ,har koi ab ladai gaa..
Kiyo kai usai pak foje milai usai bhi pakistani honai kaa haq milaa..
Salute to cheif justice ,salute to army administatration , salute to democracy and salute to common people .

07:05 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.