Tuesday, May 14, 2024
05:02 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, February 04, 2006
Iqbal ka Shaheen

Location: All lands are God’s and they are all our homeland too
Samurai is on a distinguished road
Default Senior Members(Adil,36thCommons,Babban,Naveed etc)

Dear all,
Assalam-o-Alaikum,

After reading the messages and support you people have extended to the candidates, I seem to take interest again in taking this exam which I had left off long ago.

All I want to discuss with you here is about your views regarding the time span for the preparation that necessarily entails the question of aptitude regarding the subjects. The point is that if now I am going to decide to take the exam this year 2006 that perhaps leaves with me not more than two and a half month. Is this time going to work, because this attempt is going to be my first and last.

I did my Masters in English Literature more than three years ago. Then I started to think about CSS. But due to slips in my study and lack of high seriousness, I finally decided to relinquish the idea of an enterprise which would (as I thought) was going prove unprofitable given my wayward attitude to my studies.

The other day I was visiting this inauspicious site and your views not the least, the serpent of CSS has emerged again disturbing all good life.
Intermittently, I had been reading something in the past, but study for just heck of it. For example Sociology (Horton and Hunt). Something about Islamiat and a little touch with current affairs. To make it short, --I think you might have got my point-- Is it going to be hospitable area for a late-late comer like myself in the above state of affairs?
Old Saturday, February 04, 2006
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam,

Brother, I observe that you've a sound mode of expression. Most of the aspirants end up wasting time in improving this skill, which you're already bestowed with, MashaAllah.

Your statements reveal that it's going to be your last chance (if attempted) - hence, I would exhort you to lock yourself into a room right away (ofcourse, with the books) and endeavour as much as you can. Study selectively. Do whatever you can within all this time. Looking at your spirit, I think you'll be able to make it.

Do not let your innerself have a chance to say 'what if I had attempted it'.

Besides, I have instances of people - preparing for as short as 3 months and achieving a result that brought them groups like PSP and DMG.

I wish to see you as a good officer of future. My wishes are with you. Best of Luck!

Regards,
Adil Memon

"God does not do injustice to anyone. It's man, who does injustice to himself." (11:101)

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Old Sunday, February 05, 2006
Abdullah

dear Samurai, what i have observed as well as heard about this infamous exam is that there are two extremities in this area:
1. There are people who haven't been able to sail through the exam, despite, having even two years of non-stop preparation
2. The other species of the aspirants is that which has been able to get through ,even, after an exertion of 2/3 months.
And brother from your couple of posts , you seem to me an aspirant belonging to the latter category. These are the observations which I made at places like services academy lahore and among the CBR employees (Customs ans IncomeTax.) ...So brother to me all your endeavours should only be pointed towards this exam. And remember what I have learned from my elders is that these are ur targeted cognitions which tend to pay you at the end of the day. Try to be as streamlined as possible. Just avoid trivial and redundant things.
Always praying for you.
with regards ur brother naveed.
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

Inamal Aamalu Binniyaat, Aamaal Ka Daromaddar Niyaat par Muhesir hai.

I'd say brother app ki niyyat saaf to manzil aasaan, all u need is determination and consistency to be able to achieve anything in life.

Agreeing with both of my dear brothers, make prayer 2 rakat namaaz haajaat, and then embark on your journey.

I wish u all the very best in your endeavors.

Thanks.
Iqbal ka Shaheen

Dear all,
Assalam-o-Alaikum,
Thanks for encouragment.

@Adil
I fully concur with you.
@Naveed
-sarfaroshi ki tammana ab hamarey dil main hai
Old Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Go For It!

Bro, you got the perfect combination of skills. And by going the extra mile in whatever of time is left over, i'm sure you'll be able to make it insha'ALLAH (Adil, like your idea of locking himself up). I am in complete agreement with Adil and Naveed's keen observation. Furthermore, Babban has played his part with the humble prayers, so i'd say, GO FOR IT! And, waste not a minute. Make it, you shall; Destiny is yours.

".. Woh daikh charagho kay sholay manzil say ishara kertay hain
Tu himmat haraa jata hai, himmat kaheen haraa kertay hain?"

Success comes where preparation meets opportunity. And this being your last attempt as u've clearly stated, needs a smart preparation instead of a hard one. My prayers are with you too, best of luck.

Regards,

BUSHaRRaF

Satan is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Well this is one those rare occasions where I prefer to differ with my respected buddies.Though it seems that brother Last Samurai has already made up his mind but I would still like to give him my suggestion.

Brother Samurai, I will surely advise you to take your time rather than rushing for 2006. There are some people who have done it within a short period of preparation but since you’ve mentioned that it’s your first and last try, then why not give it a full blast with some full flash preparation.

The psychological advantage of this waiting game is that even if you fail, you will never get this feeling that may be you should have done it a little better if you had a little more time.

If this is your one and only chance then why not give it the best you've got.

If your age allows you to wait, then you should wait for 2007. Finally and most importantly, perform 2 rakats for voluntary Istikhara prayers and ask the Lord for guidance.
Iqbal ka Shaheen

@Busharraf
Thanks a lot Pal.
@Satan
People like you are my strength