Monday, May 13, 2024
02:58 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, July 11, 2009

usman malik 65 will become famous soon enough
Default Education in pakistan? where we are and where going?

Now a days Education in pakistan is topic which is being discussed by everyone,students ,political personalities and on other forums.i am still not able to understand the education system of pakistan and the efforts of government to immprove standard of education and literacy rate.Newspaper were describing the fact that government every year allocate 3.1 or 3.5 million for education sector but the amount which is consumed in this sector was never more than 1.5? why we are allowing such a blunder with our basic need "Education" I invite all seniors and other fellows to discuss the situation of Education in Pakistan? because our future is badly depanding on education?
Old Saturday, July 11, 2009
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough

The reason why a mere Rs. 1.5 mil were consumed by the education sector is because the education minister and his cronies swallowed up rest of the funds. Education will never be promoted in this country as long as the feudal/tribal system continues. And as most would know, thats what your parliament comprises. They dont want the son of a peasant to rise up and demand equal rights at par with the feudals. Education is hardly given a 1% share in Pakistan's budget, wheras in developed countries its share usually exceeds 4-5% ,which by the way, applies to countries where they have already set up an elaborate education system years ago . The top few spenders on education are Norway, Malaysia, France and South Africa. Many condemn the Pakistani military for allocating itself a huge chunk of the GDP i.e for fiscal year 2009-10 its at Rs. 296 billion. But we cant ignore the fact that Pakistan has always been in a stormy situation when it comes to national security, and that the defence of Pakistan comes foremost. Nevertheless, if we are at all to change the situation of our masses, we need to hike up our education expenditure to atleast 4% (and then make sure it doesnt get lost in translation, which is another complicated issue).

Philanthropists should also take note ( because Pakistan is rated amongst the top few philanthropic nations, ironically), that some part of funds they give out should specifically be given to educational cause. Agreed, they cant get themselves to trust the government in that, and so educational trusts should be established which would provide the best of education either free of cost or at least at very low cost.

Some may find it interesting that some of the so-called best schools in the country have registered themselves claiming a very nominal tution fees. The City School's records say, its fees for class 1 is no more than Rs. 300. In reality, they charge about Rs. 3500/ month. Not to mention, that the same school provides one of the worst educational experience, that high-end schools in Pakistan are providing at the moment. Beaconhouse School System claims a mere Rs. 450 fee, although it also charges the same as the above school.

Atlast teachers HAVE to be respected in order to enlighten the system. Pakistan is a country where a house maid's salary is Rs. 3000 but an average teacher earns Rs. 800! And its a cycle that goes on, because the system that trained the teacher is also defected.
Old Monday, July 13, 2009

ravaila is a glorious beacon of lightravaila is a glorious beacon of lightravaila is a glorious beacon of lightravaila is a glorious beacon of lightravaila is a glorious beacon of lightravaila is a glorious beacon of light

“Literacy ratio in Pakistan still remains at 50 percent, mainly because of small budgetary allocations, lack of political will and delays in disbursement of funds, according to Unesco. In the region, Pakistan has been ranked higher only than Nepal and Bangladesh, which have literacy rates of 49 and 43 percent, respectively. Other countries have far better ratios: the Maldives, 96 percent; Sri Lanka, 91 percent; and India, 61 percent.

Sindh has the highest percentage in education which stands at 54 percent followed by Punjab (52 percent) and the NWFP (40 percent). Balochistan has the lowest ratio — 33 percent. Unesco attributed the low level of literacy rate to factors like weak organizational infrastructure, low professional capacity, lack of research, non-availability of proper training institutes, low public awareness and lack of evaluation and monitoring system.”

Source: muslimnews.co.uk

Ahmed_2007_Cool will become famous soon enough

The sad fact is that no matter how much money we throw at it, the standards of the courses and the teachers at Metric and Inter institutions is so low that the capacity, creativity and overall quality of our students remains very low.

In fact, I would say that the standard of O Level students and their education is even higher than what students of Intermediate institutions can ever get because they are limited by their courses and the stagnant system within which they are stuck.
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough
Default @ravaila

The official figures for literacy may suggest a 50%, but we will have to go through the GoP's definition of 'a literate person'. The official definition suggests that 'anyone who can merely write his name is considered literate'. Its like you are kidding everyone around. A literate person should atleast be someone who has passed his high school.
Old Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ravaila is a glorious beacon of lightravaila is a glorious beacon of lightravaila is a glorious beacon of lightravaila is a glorious beacon of lightravaila is a glorious beacon of lightravaila is a glorious beacon of light

no m not kidding on anyone
its the reality that is discribed by others for our country ...............as being pakisatni .i love my country and m in love wd my people...as u said "'anyone who can merely write his name is considered literate".........but now as our country had lost our grace due to lack of education.........we need something more than it.............not we????
i just want to emotional u guys
Old Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ghulamhussain is on a distinguished road
Default Purpose of education

"The basic unit/symbol of education is to benefit the society", It is learnt by world's well-known philosophers and educators. Might be this is my personal assumption, but it is said and sad too that in our society where jungle system is increasing day by day, each educated is immensely busy with the pockets and gain prestigious in the society, however, there are a few from whom our society gain something useful. Our government should boost the quality of education rather than quantity in the syllabus and enhance the materials in the universities with the extra attention provide to both students and teachers as well for the right purpose of education.
Old Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

@ Usman Malik
Please make a correction that Rs 1.5 Million is very small amount(Just 15 lakhs) .I dont know from where you taken this figure but for correction and clarification ,i would like to share that a Sum of Rs 24,640Million or 24.640Billions has been allocated to the Education Sector in the Federal Budget 2009-10.Morever ,the provincial Govt also allocate a reasonable amount to education sector in their annual budgets.

It is also a fact that allocation to education sector dont exceed 3 pc of GDP and this amount is too short, keeping in view the plight of this sector and literacy rate in the country.
Old Wednesday, July 15, 2009

usman malik 65 will become famous soon enough
Default thanks for correction

dear siter thanks for correction i find in a newspaper in which i exacty not remember
Old Sunday, July 19, 2009

gul rahoojo is on a distinguished road
Default education

pakistan desperatly needs reforms i education for the developmentof the country