Friday, May 31, 2024
05:46 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, September 01, 2009

engrishaq is on a distinguished road
Exclamation the US embassy building construction

salam

Dear friends
i want to discuss a serios issue with you people and hope that you people will give wise comments over it.
the isuue is about the construction of Us ambassy building. for which 18 acre land is provided by CDA in islamabad.
1) the cost will be the half of the help of US to pakistan. uS will give 2,400,000,000 $ but the half of this money will be used for the construction of this building.
2) in ambassy there will be 1000 security. 650 us 350 pak.
3) this is the ssecond largest US ambassy in any country after iraq

now what do you think that weather that thay give to pak is realy help or they buying our land and our governament.

what is the need that to make such hudge building.

what will be the us aims behinds it.
please pay ur comments.
keep posting
allah hafiz
The Following User Says Thank You to engrishaq For This Useful Post:
Muni_18 (Sunday, September 13, 2009)
Old Friday, September 04, 2009

Post Why you people are not taking it serious

salam
few days before i discussed a serious matter. and still i am wiating for your replies. why you people are not taking it serious.
Old Friday, September 04, 2009

hinanazar is on a distinguished road
Default US's planing

Acoording to my narrow knowledge and common sense i think that us is plaing a great game and construction of this embassy is part of that game.US wants to totally keep an eye on pakistan's affairs and country's works.We are surrendring ourselves totally to them and acting upon this plan is its proof.It is good to construct an embassy bt so big and wht they are doing in the northern areas of pakistan we all knoe their attacks and othr things.Govt will purchase land at every cost becoz it is the matter of US's demand and the worse results will cm to scene after its working.And may be this is pakistan's plan to get more and more money from US.I think the real motive of this act is sealed in the minds of higher officials.
The Following User Says Thank You to hinanazar For This Useful Post:
engrishaq (Saturday, September 12, 2009)
Old Saturday, September 12, 2009

Post thanks hinanazar

first i want to thank you
secondly i am wonder that why people are not taking it seriuos. thay are not posting there coments. in tv news the experts says that they are making mini pantagon.
what so ever please for our country i ramadam.
ok thanks keep posting

Saqib Riaz is just really niceSaqib Riaz is just really niceSaqib Riaz is just really niceSaqib Riaz is just really nice

US embassy starts construction of new complex: CDA ignored

ISHFAQULLAH SHAWL
ISLAMABAD (August 28 2009): The United States Embassy is said to have started work on construction of its new embassy complex without any formal approval from the Capital Development Authority (CDA) or any other relevant government department or agency, it is learnt. The 18 acres of land where the US embassy has started construction was lying vacant after the demolition of police barracks, well informed sources in the CDA and Interior Ministry told Business Recorder on Thursday.

These barracks were constructed in 1981 when the diplomatic enclave was expanded. The US embassy had raised objections at that time, describing the police barracks as a "threat". In 2006, these barracks were demolished. Sources said the 18 acres of land, coveted by the Americans, and were in use by the police, the Interior Ministry as well as other law-enforcement agencies responsible for security of the diplomatic enclave.

The Americans intend to spend one billion dollars on expansion of their Islamabad embassy, inclusive of 405 million dollars for the reconstruction and refurbishment of the main embassy building located in the Diplomatic Enclave; 111 million dollars for a new complex to accommodate 330 personnel, and 197 million dollars for the construction of 250 housing units, the Interior Ministry sources said.

The sources further revealed that for this purpose, the American embassy wanted to acquire about 18 acres of land for rupees one billion from the CDA, while the CDA had recently, in another transaction near the same location, sold just six acres of land for rupees six billion.

The two most obvious indications of the US expansion programme are the upcoming large-scale staff surge at the Islamabad embassy, which includes hundreds of marines, and the massive expansion work at the embassy premises, sources in the Interior Ministry told this scribe.

The upcoming fortress-like embassy is meant to accommodate close to 1,000 additional personnel being sent to Islamabad as part of the US administration's decision to significantly increase its staff strength in Pakistan.

These numbers would augment the 750-strong American contingent already based in Pakistan against an official sanctioned strength of 350. An official in the Interior Ministry, on condition of anonymity, said that the expansion of the US embassy was under discussion for more than three years.

He said that the US administration was also pressurising Islamabad to allow the import of hundreds of Dyncorp Armoured Personnel Carriers. The CDA sources said that the US embassy applied for expansion aimed at constructing houses and playgrounds, but the matter was still pending approval. However, Interior Minister Rehman, Malik in a statement, said that the US embassy applied for possession of land in the diplomatic enclave and the CDA provided this land to US embassy as per rules.

The US embassy has forced the Federal government to stop construction of a skyscraper Grand Hyatt Hotel, a Rs 25 billion project that was to be located at the end of the Constitution Avenue near the Convention Centre in Islamabad on 13.5 acres of land on the grounds that it would compromise their security.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saqib Riaz For This Useful Post:
engrishaq (Monday, October 12, 2009), Muni_18 (Sunday, September 13, 2009)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

niazikhan2 has a spectacular aura aboutniazikhan2 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation

well U.S.EMBAASY building construction is goingon...now where are our agencies on whom we are spending our budgets....where is foreign minister and interior minister to clarify it all....black water ,,,now american are near agreement to take peshawar pearl continental......american gunman are moving free in isabd.....now another news is coming up that america is thinking ovet it that he should shift his arsenal from iraq to pakistAN OR NOT....wherte is zardari led govt...??where are our policy maker....???where is term of sovreignty....???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niazikhan2 For This Useful Post:
engrishaq (Monday, October 12, 2009), Muni_18 (Sunday, September 13, 2009)
Old Monday, October 12, 2009

Post i was very disapointed

i was eary disapointed that you people were not giving any left to my post that i have posted last month. still iam, b/c only few people did it. and you know now e days this is very burning issue but u people are not responding and not sharing your ideas about it. but the few people that replied it i pay thanks to them.plesae pray for pakistan.Do FOR PAK HOW MUCH U CAN ,