Sunday, April 28, 2024
01:58 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, December 16, 2009

sameen is on a distinguished road

This is not democracy. No body is coming forward to cast her / his vote in this forum. There are around eleven members available but they are lest bothered about democracy. This is how country runs.

wshaikh is on a distinguished road

Again with due respect my humble request to you,

Please just wait and see what other members have to say about it...
Let seniors come forward to say whether statement is right or wrong..

Regards,

Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no 5225

Sajid Sadeem will become famous soon enough

Hi,
interesting discussion. but, can u please define democracy as u consider it to be the true democracy....

would be glad to read ur reply!

i would also say that democracy is just the theory of politics which can be put into practice in any form of government (legitimacy may be a good condition to make out if a form of govt is democratic), r v can go to the roots of the democracy and can see wht are the basics of democracy....

Last edited by Artemis; Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 05:18 AM.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 10904

kashifilyas is on a distinguished road

Agreed with Sajid,

But apart with this, I would like to add one more thing that we haven't witnessed true democracy in our country. But while comparing dectatorship and democracy which we have experienced in our country, I would cast my vote for Musharaf's and Ayyub's dectatorship which was far more better than many democratic governments.

Regards,
Kashif (Improving English do don't worry)

smartvun is on a distinguished road
Question Essentials of Democracy!

As you know people are very less educated and backward in mostly areas of Pakistan esp in Sindh & Baluchistan.
They even don't know about their basic human rights.
How can you expect from them that they could elect right candidate or Party.

Can u......

Last edited by smartvun; Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: change a wrod
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameen View Post
My statement was crystal clear. There was no ambiguity incorporated in that. You know you are quoting a wrong example. As per your views we have democracy at present but in my opinion we do not have democracry at all. So my statement stands valid.

Who says that we have democracy at present?

we have democracy.but unfortunately it is the perverted or worst form of democracy.in my earlier post to this thread i hv defined both the forms of government systems.
before u ppl discuss democracy or any other form of government u shud know what these systems actually and exactly mean,what r their best and worst forms etc.in this thread i observed that some people really lacked the proper theoretical understanding of these very important systems.plz friends dont mind but it is the constructive criticism that i m making.
Old Thursday, December 17, 2009

sillent.killer will become famous soon enough

SalamTO All member"s!
Well let me share some points from side .... in my openion democracy is best then the dectatorship...... question reses that why?
so the answer shoud be in this way..... answer is this democracy can do better rule and workis in better way then the militry dictatorship as we know that due to of dectatorship today we are ib backword area and by touching moon we are touching the stones .. to bring happiness days for nation dictatorship has broght bloody days every where in pakistan just bllods are there there is no any human who become happy or who is passing a life every one afrading of terror......
but the democracy is better why because it can bring a ruls and regulation in humnty life and by the democracy to we are going to count in list atomic power countries..... if there were dectatorship so i dont no what were position.
well may allah bless allof us ..
and give a good peacfull days and make pakistan a peacfull country.

shah110 is on a distinguished road

What I think about this onerous question is, that only to vote for one is not enough that democracy is good or dictatorship. There is no second opinion on the matter of true democracy, but the point worth mentioning her is, that our democratic system is not updated and tailored according to the frame and structure of our country. The soul of democracy lies in literacy rate, of which we are ruthlessly deprived.

There are five institutions which make real democracy.

1. Independent Judiciary
2. Free Media
3. Sovereign Parliament
4. Strong Army
5. Balanced Executive

Alhamdulilah! Now we can say, that our Judiciary is independent and media is free to some extent and Army is also strong as usual, but the problem arises when we talk about Sovereign Parliament and Balanced Executive. We know, neither Parliament is sovereign, nor Executive is balanced. There are many faults and flaws in our ill-suited democracy. As I mentioned earlier, that we have only adopted the slogan of democracy without knowing the ground realities of our state. Now, it is time to reshape this democratic system.

Here are some suggestions to make it more viable and liable.

1. Educational Reforms in whole of the country.

2. There should be an institute for the top tier student, who come in the field of politics.

3. Without Passing at least 18 years education, no one should be allowed to contest elections for National Assembly and 16 years of education for provincial assemblies should be mandatory.

4. Only highly-educated, renowned, competent and deserving personalities should be nominated for the high offices of President and Prime Minister. President and Prime Minister should be elected directly by people not by Parliament.

5. All Institution should be equally powerful.

These aforementioned suggestion, if implemented in real sense, could literally flourish the slogan of democracy.

Regards

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shah110 For This Useful Post:
Braveheartkhilji (Friday, December 18, 2009), Hina 11(MISS Einstein) (Friday, December 18, 2009), Sajid Sadeem (Thursday, December 17, 2009), sameen (Thursday, December 17, 2009)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no 5225

Sajid Sadeem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah110 View Post

There are five institutions which make real democracy.

1. Independent Judiciary
2. Free Media
3. Sovereign Parliament
4. Strong Army
5. Balanced Executive

Hi,

I like your approach, but what is meant by Strong Army? The military is the need of any country. But if they are strong (like in Pakistan or many South American countries), won't they like to govern? Won't they stage a coup-de-etat? All the points that you have described are indeed the markers to judge a democracy. But, I believe, the real democracy is the one in which the ultimate power resides with the public. It is a system in which people have the final say in any matter of the government. "govt of the people, by the people, for the people."
Once we have this power, all other organs of state (executive, judiciary, legislature) will be held accountable to the people. so, they will act in their own sphere of powers which would be sanctioned by the people.
Old Friday, December 18, 2009

Shahid Ali is on a distinguished road

As per my understanding current form of democracy is not the solution for underdeveloped or developing countries in developing period.

This might be a necessity for developed countries but it is a luxury for developing ones.

Previously we had a discussion on this forum. If somebody is interested to go through it, here is the link.

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...proposals.html

In present day situation common man does not have the aptitude to evaluate or elect competent rulers. First common should be given education, made socially free and mentally strong to evaluate and elect their ruler.

Dictatorship is also not a long term solution. In short term it might produce better results but finally it has to end.