Monday, April 29, 2024
02:43 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, December 28, 2009

naughty boy is on a distinguished road
Default The good things about our country.

Hi all,
i feel miserable reading and watching news depicting everything as bad in our country.We have thousands of good points about us but the media's focus on negatives and our nature of being ever complaining is making us seem so passive that we feel the worst on the globe.
However we have tens of thousands of good things to cherish.I have started this thread to share the positives in our society.
I am sure you will come up with positives in our society and country.
Let me share the first one.
recently I visited a charity organization in Karachi named Alamgir Elfare Trust.
I became so much impressed with thier work that i felt proud of being a Pakistani.
Hope you will share your ones.
Noor.Faiza (Friday, January 08, 2010), Princess Royal (Tuesday, December 29, 2009), sameen (Tuesday, January 05, 2010)
Old Monday, December 28, 2009

shireenshaikh is on a distinguished road

hey all
there are number of positive points about our country not just one or two... wel for now wat i remember is that; i exactly remembr wen the earthquake hit pakistan on 8th of october 2005, some cities like kashmir, balakot and other near by cities were highly destructed by the severe earthquake. the aftermath of the earthquake was just terrible and marvellous, because people donated very high amounts along with necessary goods for the suffered people... i was stunned so see such an enthusiasm of people towards their country.. people were just eager to help the suffered one's
i think thats one big quality of our pakistan that people care about others, their emotions....and their life..
this is one of the best quality our pakistani people having......
sameen (Tuesday, January 05, 2010)
Old Tuesday, December 29, 2009

khuwajaramiz@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default Passimism

Greetings,
Dear Naughty boy! If u think that the media is responsing negative, then it's depend upon u that how do u take it ? although positive thinker always finds the hope and optimistic thinking from the negative thinking.
Super Moderator
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best Mod 2008

Thanked 1,764 Times in 818 Posts
Princess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to behold

@ khuwaja ramiz and all

We have many threads to criticize each other and discuss the problems Pakistan is facing currently and other major issues. Please, let this thread remain for its intended purpose. Discuss 'The good things about our country'.

Regards,
P.R.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Princess Royal For This Useful Post:
naughty boy (Tuesday, December 29, 2009), sameen (Tuesday, January 05, 2010)

naughty boy is on a distinguished road

It seems really strange indeed.
Last time I started a Thread Media Maniac and soon it was full of responses.
We are prompt to point a blaming finger but not ready to pat someone's back for any achievements.When will we as a nation grow up and see that everything is not dark here.There are sights of brightness around one has just to have his eyes opened.

ANOTHER POSITIVE.

A friend of mine from Kach Baluchistan told me the other day that a government servant in his district started teaching English Language to the locals free of cost some fifteen years back and that was an educational revolution in his town. My friend gave me a list of his students who have achieved prominence in their field. Some of them qualified PCS/PMS and some (at least 5 examples he gave) CSS.
Prior to his Language Center, he maintained, education was never a priority in his town but now it has been of topmost priority.
I wonder what made that man initiate such a thing for the uplift of people?
We need more of such wonderful people,don't we?
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty boy View Post
Hi all,
i feel miserable reading and watching news depicting everything as bad in our country.We have thousands of good points about us but the media's focus on negatives and our nature of being ever complaining is making us seem so passive that we feel the worst on the globe.
However we have tens of thousands of good things to cherish.I have started this thread to share the positives in our society.
I am sure you will come up with positives in our society and country.
Let me share the first one.
recently I visited a charity organization in Karachi named Alamgir Elfare Trust.
I became so much impressed with thier work that i felt proud of being a Pakistani.
Hope you will share your ones.
There are numerious positive things in our country rather countless.

1,Through sms people are spreading news like jobs in customs etc.
Many sms have been received by me and its context was about IRS,Police and other jobs.

2,Many NGO's and private schools have been opened to sort out basic problems of petty bourgeoisie.

3,Due to population exploitation,poverty is increasing rapidly.There are alot of people in pakistan who are providing financial assistance to the needy people.
I know a feudal,hailing from Thar(Sindh desert)where he uses to pay 1000 to one member of a family and it is reported to have said he has been providing financial assistance to 200 families.

4,Apart from this,many people are helping in education sector by providing notes,material and tips and cssforum is the sufficient example.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waqar Abro For This Useful Post:
naughty boy (Tuesday, December 29, 2009), sameen (Tuesday, January 05, 2010)

atif jamil is on a distinguished road
Smile

Indeed positivity is in what you believe in. No nation is perfect so is ours. There are many +tivity. One old issue of Young World mentioned about a guy of 13 year old Pakistani employed in MICROSOFT. Who can 4get Nawazish who got Rhodes Scholarship, there are many such success stories of Pakistanis- just in dire need of media attention.
The Following User Says Thank You to atif jamil For This Useful Post:

Andrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really nice
Default Dr Adeeb Rizvi

People of Pakistan have had more than their share of broken dreams. The prevailing feeling of being used and abused in the hands of military dictators and politicians alike, have created a general atmosphere of cynicism with a strong acrid smell of pessimism.

No wonder if one finds it difficult to highlight and discuss the positive aspects of our society. But it is only hard and not impossible. Say, Dr Adeeb Rizvi, whose towering personality and services stand out high above the bleak clouds of gloom.

Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT), the Institute he has nurtured with his blood and sweat, is now one of the largest public sector health organization in the country. Not only the treatment, even the cleanliness of his Institute is in stark contrast with other public and some private sector hospitals.

I never took much interest in him or his hospital. The cynic inside me considered its advertisements in newspapers and on billboards as another sham. It was only later when I met a family who had migrated to Karachi so that their son can get world class treatment in SIUT. The parents were all praise for him. "If it weren't for SIUT, how could we have afforded expensive dialysis sessions".

The mother also told me that Dr Rizvi himself picks up any wrapper or paper he finds on the floor, instead of waiting for the sweeper to do it. Of course, with such humility, attention to detail, passion for work, why will not his Institute become an international centre of excellence.

I still ask myself that what weighs more - the love and sacrifice of the parents who left everything behind so that they can get their son treated, or the altruism of the man whose name is enough to instil trust and belief in every Pakistani.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Dufresne For This Useful Post:
Old Sunday, January 03, 2010

Andrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really nice

Letters to the Editor
Daily Dawn
January 3, 2010
Link

Incident that changed my approach to life
If we look around us, we will find a lot of goodness in our people. I saw this on Dec 28 when my confidence in our fellow beings and in the kindness of Almighty Allah was reinforced.

That morning my wife was returning to Karachi from Faisalabad by Millat train accompanied by our two daughters, aged three and five years. I went to the station to receive my family but couldn’t find them.

After a while I was shocked to see my elder girl standing by herself in a train compartment without her mother. There were some fellow passengers and a responsible policeman, Abdul Razzak, waiting with her.

They broke the horrible news to me that my younger daughter accidentally fell off the train near Dhabeji station. My wife along with 20 to 25 fellow passengers managed to have the train stopped a kilometre or two from the spot where the child had fallen.

They disembarked there to search for the missing child. In her panic, my wife forgot to carry her cellphone with her and so couldn’t contact me.

The local people also joined the search party. My wife later recounted that the people — all strangers — were extremely sympathetic, helpful and concerned while searching for the child who had wandered off four kilometres into the woodland.

It was after four hours that a young Pakhtun boy (could not obtain his details — May Allah reward him for his goodness) spotted Zainab and fetched her unhurt. When I met my little girl after these hours of high drama, she simply uttered these words: “Papa I was alone.”

I just have no words to thank these men and women — strangers to me before this event brought us together — who shared those tense moments with us.

By actively assisting in the search for our child, these noble souls displayed that spirit of humanity that holds mankind together. May Allah bless them and also my family — my father, brothers and my wife — who stood behind me giving me immense moral support in those testing hours.

People have the capacity to organise themselves on the spur of the moment when faced with an emergency and respond positively. Take the case of Mr Jamil who disembarked with my wife, leaving his own family behind on the train, to take the responsibility of organising the search.

There was Mr Asif who took the responsibility of communicating with the railway authorities, the Edhi Centre and the police.

Generally, we tend to take for granted our family and our fellow beings. But we should learn to appreciate the goodness of the human heart that prompts people to respond to others in distress. Such is the spirit that can, if mobilised, help steer the country out of its troubles.

The more I see of it, the more I feel vindicated in my decision to stay back in Pakistan and serve it as a part of the SIUT team that is doing such good work by holding up a candle of hope for people who are so desperately ill.

Dr Nasir Hasan Luck
Sindh Institute of Urology & Transplantation
Karachi
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Dufresne For This Useful Post:
atif jamil (Tuesday, January 05, 2010), sameen (Tuesday, January 05, 2010), shireenshaikh (Sunday, January 03, 2010)
Old Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

aoa another geat thing about our home land is that it has a nation called Pakistanies.though we have become one of the most disgraced nations due to various reasons we have many many good things.one being our lasting patriotism,irrespective of what our country has given to us.say americans thier loyalities go with thier economic prosperity.i challenge once they or many other nations are deprived of those privelages,these countries would be facing worst riots and out cry.there if even thier priest talk of suffering a little for the cause of human rights,they don t hasitate to disgrace him.here every new governament would ask no matter how unfair sacrifice in name of patriotism,n Pakistanies will do(remember when we are asked to contribute under the head of e.g Kurz utaro adventure)!!!