CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Women in Islam and our world (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/30476-women-islam-our-world.html)

KAWISH Monday, January 18, 2010 06:59 PM

Women in Islam and our world

aoa dear members i felt constained to begin this discussion on women in islam and in the comtemporary world.there is a lot discussion in another related thread on this issue but it lacks this side f women's rights,status place, r whatever u say it, i.e in our contemporary world.

what her real status is in islam was never given to her except in life of prophet Mohammad (SAW) r during the reigns f first four Khalifas.while some ppl restict options f business n professions for her to nursing,doctors teachers they forget mentioning other outgoing jobs such as market supervisers(during the time f hazrat Umer R.A).
but its not abt her economical status alone. its abt every aspect of life.
i would love to know the opinion of other respected mebers.

women status in islam is an issue most misunderstood n misinterprated.isnt true they are themselves responsible for this high handedness?

Thnx Regards Noor

lionking Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:19 AM

I think the simplest explanation of the women status in Islam is that the woman is also a human being and she have all rites equal to man. Restrictions upon her are same as for the man. equality and freedom is granted to her by Islam. She would have to evolve her personality as she wants... Nothing more is needed i think. If Orthodoxy doesn't prevail in our mind. And we want to live according to Islam..
Regards

KAWISH Tuesday, January 19, 2010 02:25 AM

u ve come with d most simplest n straight version f thinking.bt d problem is that if u r right, w/h i believe u to be,y the stuation is so different?y this truth that she is equal,has never prevailed explicitly even for once?(except during the era i mentioned) d fact is that neither she is thought nor she herself take herself this way.
this is not only injustice to her but she is accomplicing in this offence by keeping silence,whereas we know that raising against tyranny is jihad,y dnt she begin it?nobody reminds her f this responsibility.common women dnt speak for thier rights presuming this to b pleasing in His eyes.
who is going to come n awake her???

floydian Tuesday, January 19, 2010 02:31 AM

[QUOTE=KAWISH;164726]
what her real status is in islam was never given to her except in life of prophet Mohammad (SAW) r during the reigns f first four Khalifas.while some ppl restict options f business n professions for her to nursing,doctors teachers they forget mentioning other outgoing jobs such as market supervisers(during the time f hazrat Umer R.A).
but its not abt her economical status alone. its abt every aspect of life.
i would love to know the opinion of other respected mebers.

women status in islam is an issue most misunderstood n misinterprated.isnt true they are themselves responsible for this high handedness?

Thnx Regards Noor[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, Islam has given women something which no other religion gave her. And that something is her "individual identity". It implies that a woman has individual and independent rights like social, political, economical, religious, marriage and cultural rights. She is entitled to all these self-governing rights in Islam.

But every right has a corresponding duty which ensures the harmony in society and happiness of all. Hence, her rights are for herself and her duties (not religious duties) are what she owe to others.

As far as suppression of woman's rights is concerned, I believe she is equally responsible. This is because women never really tried to find their real place in Islam. They left this job on men to interpret for them. But what can I say about woman's treatment in my country ? A country where people raise loud religious slogans without knowing the essence of religion which is tolerance and patience.

shred my opinion,
floydian

KAWISH Tuesday, January 19, 2010 02:37 AM

im entirly in agreemnt w/ u.u knw islam a solution w/h we ve made a problem.every problem raises from either misinterpratation r no interpratation at all on certain issues!
u r ryt still abt supiness f women in knowing n striving for thier own staus(rights duties).BUT WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HER THIS IRRESPONSIBLE ATTITUDE?we live in a world where everything is a reaction f sm action.cn u r anybdy find an answer?

floydian Tuesday, January 19, 2010 02:56 AM

[QUOTE=KAWISH;164802]BUT WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HER THIS IRRESPONSIBLE ATTITUDE?we live in a world where everything is a reaction f sm action.cn u r anybdy find an answer?[/QUOTE]

I think the issue is not about fixing responsibility on anyone. The issue is what solution can be found to escape this situation. The solution, in my opinion, is simple. Women must break their isolation, come forward and be counted. Create awareness first amongst the women themselves and then men. You got to take some risks if you really want to break free from the shackles. And women have far more endurance and fortitude then men (science has just confirmed :shy). Start from your home then street, area, city and country.

See this is 21st century(with so many tools available) and women need to step up to get what Islam gave her fourteen hundred years ago.

Let see what other members have to comment.

cheers,
floydian

KAWISH Tuesday, January 19, 2010 03:08 AM

finding responsibility is finding the cause w/o knowing w/h we cant proceed!for me its the blind TAQLEED w/h has impared the wisdom.
21st century but she is going through something worst than being burried alive!
waiting for others' comments Regards

lionking Tuesday, January 19, 2010 09:49 AM

In china it was a tradition that when she born her feet were enclosed into the tight small shoes. When she grow up her all body developed except her feet. Their feet remained retarded. And the males have normal growth of all their body. Whenever the issue of equality was put forth, the conservative intellectuals asserted that she cannot run fast then the males and cannot move freely and comfortably like males.
Dears, same like them we have engulfed our females in the heavy curtains of distorted version of our own interpretation of Islam, expired versions of shariah, cultural exploitation and a non sense belief of male dominance..And after retarding their intellectual growth we expect from them to be superb.
First we should change our religious culture. But its not enough only, women should also struggle for their emancipation. They have to lift up themselves from the status of animal to the humanity.
Regards

Blossomberrry Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:17 AM

no religion treats women equally visa viz men, this is the only truth, but you fool keep on deceiving or otherwise mental conditioning yourself for it. dont cherry pick certain quotes. study independently on the topic and not through highly programmed books from which you have been brain disabled since your childhood, study this case&issue on internet and you must study it both from the antagonist and protagonist websites. but yest one would still come up with the judgement according to his own psychological/ideological convictions

nageen Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=KAWISH;164800]u ve come with d most simplest n straight version f thinking.bt d problem is that if u r right, w/h i believe u to be,y the stuation is so different?y this truth that she is equal,has never prevailed explicitly even for once?(except during the era i mentioned) d fact is that neither she is thought nor she herself take herself this way.
[/QUOTE]

It would be wrong to say that every time this is the man who exploits the woman. Womenfolk itself is constantly programming their coming counterparts to be weaker than man.

[QUOTE=KAWISH;164800]
this is not only injustice to her but she is accomplicing in this offence by keeping silence,whereas we know that raising against tyranny is jihad,y dnt she begin it?nobody reminds her f this responsibility.common women dnt speak for thier rights presuming this to b pleasing in His eyes.
who is going to come n awake her???[/QUOTE]

She will raise voice when she'll understand her rights and most of the women in our society are unaware of them. If they are aware, they have been made so much dependent on the males that find themselves helpless to do so and think it better to keep silence for the sake of peace.

[B]@ Blossomberrry[/B]

[QUOTE]no religion treats women equally visa viz men[/QUOTE]

Yes , no religion does but Islam.

[QUOTE]study independently on the topic and not through highly programmed books from which you have been brain disabled since your childhood[/QUOTE]

This thread is started for thinking independently to leave off that traditional effect of highly programmed thinking which has disabled our brains since your childhood.

06:09 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.