CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Renaming NWFP (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/32503-renaming-nwfp.html)

Maha Khan Tuesday, April 13, 2010 09:24 AM

[QUOTE=engr.Mansoor;180766]Well if the Govt.rolled back the Pukhtunkhwa name on the pressure of only few percent of people who opposed that name and made it as their ego problem, then one should keep in mind that almost74% of Pukhtuns living in that territory can caused damage and disturbance more than any one has thought of.
so on one side we people cry for democracy but dont give weightage to the decisions of majority.Actually we are politically immature people.
I want to ask that Why People dont protest on the name of Mansehra which is named after the Sikh " Mann Singh" and Abbotabad named after "Abbott" an English ruler. Similarly Abt Hazzara the same story. So if majority of Pukhtuns want to have their identity by naming their province democratically,so i am still thinking why is protest that much agitated.
Confused.......
And confused.....
And some time get angry....:mad:[/QUOTE]

yes u r right by saying that...where were these protestors when 18th amendment was about to Pass in the parliament...my one fellow mentioned above that"thats why Mr Sharif was against it"...i will mention that he was against it due to his own political motives...Nwfp is not only for people of Hazara...we could not ignore the wishes of the Majority....

fromQAU Tuesday, April 13, 2010 09:28 AM

No sir....

[QUOTE=Alterior;180768]dear because of the : Jews has created the new map of Pakistan . in that map

the (our beloved country ) divided/ tored our country into many parts .
the nwfp now Khyber pakhtoonkhwah was added to Afghanistan.
that was the conspiracy to divide our beloved country into many free states[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Black"]this is not going to happen.we are all here to defend our nation-state.no jew or israeli or any otner can divide Pakistan now.Pakistan will be divided when here wl b no Pakistani.i write this with red coloured text just to indicate u that this is written with my blood. [B]We love Pakistan and its territorial integrity.we are ready to shed our blood and lay down our lives for the sake of the defence of pakistan. God bless Pakistan. Pakistan zindabad.
[/B][/COLOR]

sillent.killer Tuesday, April 13, 2010 01:36 PM

i want to say some view of my points that pml(n) was not intrested to change the name of nwfp he was able to know the future but to day we are looking the siutation that in abat abad area they have started a new strike against the name of khyber - pakhthonkha as my brother said it must be change like hazara-pakhthunkhwa, May Allah solve the problems of pakistan.,

DEADLYDOCTOR Sunday, April 18, 2010 03:33 PM

[B]This change in name, as reported by Dawn News in Pakistan will cost the country PKR 8 billion. Documents need to be updated; name will have to be changed in all governmental stationeries and that alone will cost the NWFP government about PKR 5 billion.[/B]

[B]The Federal Government on the other hand will have to bear another PKR 3 billion expense on updating various other documents. The documents which have already been printed with the province badge will have to be destroyed. These documents, including stationary have already cost the government PKR 4 billion and according to official sources, work to revise the documents will begin shortly.[/B]
source:[url]http://www.newzglobe.com/article/20100414/changing-name-cost-pkr-8-billion-pakistan-treasury[/url]
i searched it on dawn news but could not find it

Imadafridi Tuesday, April 20, 2010 08:56 AM

Creation of new provinces based on race and language would be nothing more than a death knell for Pakistan,lets not forget that Democracy is the rule of majority and minorities have to live with that ...

abari Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:56 AM

if we should not ignore the wishes of majority then PAKHTOONKHWA is enough name for identify the NWFP.why they insisted for the so called KHEBAR PAKHTONKHWA?this is just their riggidness nothing else.they want to remain share their interference in the name of NWFP.we people of PAKISTAN are so emotional and our political parties want to do politics on issues not for PAKISTAN.people of pakistan!just think for PAKISTAN and not remain in such kind of false issues.

DR IMTIAZ KHUSHIK Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:55 PM

Changing name has cast such heavy price than making new provinces would definitely generate dishormony,disunity and disloyalty as every segment would demand as per their own wishes which will create a socio-economico-and polictical gap .This would not bring sweeping change within the country . I don t feel that pakistan has so large and vast boundaries which may be partitioned and the demand is based upon ethnocentrism and sectarianism.

Ahmed_2007_Cool Thursday, April 29, 2010 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=Imadafridi;181966]Creation of new provinces based on race and language would be nothing more than a death knell for Pakistan,lets not forget that Democracy is the rule of majority and minorities have to live with that ...[/QUOTE]

Afridi wrora, now the separatists will not be able to claim that Pakhtuns are not being given their rights because Pakistan has given recognition to their unique ethnic identity. Now Pakhtuns have found a reason to be happy with the federation.

Xeric Thursday, April 29, 2010 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;183465]Afridi wrora, now the separatists will not be able to claim that Pakhtuns are not being given their rights because Pakistan has given recognition to their unique ethnic identity. Now Pakhtuns have found a reason to be happy with the federation.[/QUOTE]
[B]
I don't think so that Pakhuns have ever demanded separation from Pakistan. [/B]

S_Ranjha Thursday, April 29, 2010 11:16 PM

Well speaking in terms of Democracy one may be 100% right that will of the majority have to prevail and the minority has to live with that. But there is also another side to it. It is always the majority, rather it should always be the majority that makes some sacrifices so that no such grievances develop in the minds of minority. The majority sometimes have to give minority more than they deserve just because they are the one with all the powers nd with powers come the responsibility. So there was nothing wrong if the ANP had contacted Hazara people nd had taken them on board with any decision it wanted to make.

08:39 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.