CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   18th constituional amendment; President Zardari deserves credit. (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/32508-18th-constituional-amendment-president-zardari-deserves-credit.html)

DEADLYDOCTOR Saturday, April 10, 2010 08:56 AM

different sectors opposed 18th amendment
lawyers have decided to start a movement against 18th amendment.
Clash of institutions?it looks like stage has been set and play is going to start?

tx_ned Saturday, April 10, 2010 11:50 AM

[B]All members,

I have requested to comment on following queries earlier:

[I][COLOR="Navy"]1) Is 18th ammendment a good effort ??

2) Does President Zardari deserve for the credit ??

3) What is the hype behind this ammendment which has already taken much time of the nation ??[/COLOR][/I]

I would appreciate if learned members could throw some light [U][COLOR="Navy"]precisely[/COLOR][/U].

Regards

[/B]

Xeric Saturday, April 10, 2010 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=tx_ned;180117][B]All members,

I have requested to comment on following queries earlier:

[I][COLOR=Navy]1) Is 18th ammendment a good effort ??[/COLOR][/I][/B][/QUOTE]
A great step towards the revival of the Constitution of 1973 and transfer of powers to the executive head i.e. Prime Minister who is true representative of the people. Making the President a titular head of the state and his non-interference in political affairs will hopefully ensure good governance.

Moreover, it can’t prevent military interventions because in 1999 we had also a powerful Prime Minister and President with nominal powers and a clause for the protection of the constitution. There should be rule of law instead of laws in the country. Supremacy of constitution can be guaranteed by independent judiciary and vigilant masses at their back.

[B][I][COLOR=Navy]
[/COLOR][/I][/B][QUOTE]2) Does President Zardari deserve for the credit ??[/QUOTE]
[B][I][COLOR=Navy]
[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Yes, in case of his unwillingness to surrender the powers and as Co-Chairman of PPPP no one could forced him to withdraw powers. He could have enjoyed the tenure as powerful President, aftermath a flight to Dubai.

[QUOTE]3) What is the hype behind this ammendment which has already taken much time of the nation ??[/QUOTE]

True Democratic Culture is not in favor of Super Powers instead one man rule suits for the implementation of their designs. Sovereign Parliament with true representatives of the people will prevent their undue interference and making Pakistan a sovereign state minimum foreign influence.

Regards,

greenhorn Saturday, April 10, 2010 02:02 PM

18th amendment is a good move but the poor people want basic human rights, right to education, clothes, shelter, food and on the other hand the burden of load shedding is killing them. The people of Pakistan are in miserable condition, the avg temp is around 44 c with the power cuts of 12-18 hours, oh come on, put everything aside and do something about the energy crunch. A shortfall of 4800 MW and is increasing day by day, leakage and power theft along with corruption sigh.

regards

waqarj

Xeric Saturday, April 10, 2010 02:29 PM

Rightly said waqarj, yesterday I came across a demonstration in Quetta against target killings and they were chanting slogans, [I]“Hame Roti, Kapra aur Makaan nhe chahea, hum zindagi ke bheek mang rhi hay”.[/I]

tx_ned Sunday, April 11, 2010 05:12 AM

[B][QUOTE=Crown Prince;180133] [I]“Hame Roti, Kapra aur Makaan nhe chahea, hum zindagi ke bheek mang rhi hay”.[/I][/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for your specific reply in your last post.

I think this thread was purely for these questions which you dealt beautifully.

I also went through a slogan of a founder member of PPP of Z A Bhutto in a TV show named "Meray Mutabiq" where the respected member said,

[COLOR="Navy"]"Mujh samet People's Party k har karkun ko iss Government se siwaey Benazir k qatilo-n k aur kuchh nhi chahiay"[/COLOR]

Regards

[/B]

10:41 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.