CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Can honest & upright officers survive in CSS? (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/37195-can-honest-upright-officers-survive-css.html)

kingfalcon Saturday, August 07, 2010 01:13 AM

Can honest & upright officers survive in CSS?

Dear everyone, I want to know whether if honest and upright officers can comfortably survive in our civil services? I hear and sometimes see a lot of things which gives me second thoughts about our civil service. I am also aware that every society and department has good and bad people, but somehow it seems like the bad are out weighing the good in css.
I hope that I don't offend anyone but I just wanted to know what the situation really is. CSS officers' comments would be most welcomed. Thank You

mangat1 Saturday, August 07, 2010 01:54 AM

yes, they can not only survive but can also make others' survival difficult in their own District. One must be brave from heart and should have a lion's courage. thats the game.

kingfalcon Monday, September 13, 2010 12:20 PM

With due respect.. If you look at things realistically.. Being a lion and brave will only get you transferred a lot or being made an OSD more often...

shallowwater Monday, September 13, 2010 12:33 PM

I think all the officers serving in Pakistan are honest and upright. They are selected on merit and we must not doubt their integrity. Exceptions are always there but by and large everyone serving this country is a patriotic citizen.

wacar Monday, September 13, 2010 12:51 PM

well, i think as nothing is impossible..so honest css officers can survive and not only that the public and the media also highlight and appreciate those officers therefore whenever there is a forced transfer the public also protests in favor of the officer...so honest officers get respect as well as fame....but
this is a big BUT...if u will be honest u might not be able to match the life style of ur colleagues...ur children might not be in the same elite schools...u might not afford shopping in dubai like many officers....and u may even not have many friends in your department...

Maha Khan Monday, September 13, 2010 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=kingfalcon;204776]Dear everyone, I want to know whether if honest and upright officers can comfortably survive in our civil services? I hear and sometimes see a lot of things which gives me second thoughts about our civil service. I am also aware that every society and department has good and bad people, but somehow it seems like the bad are out weighing the good in css.
I hope that I don't offend anyone but I just wanted to know what the situation really is. CSS officers' comments would be most welcomed. Thank You[/QUOTE]

Offcourse,an honest CSS officer can survive in civil service of Pakistan,if he really wants to serve this country with honesty and devotion.

Invincible Monday, September 13, 2010 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=shallowwater;212415][U]I think all the officers serving in Pakistan are honest and upright.[/U] They are selected on merit and we must not doubt their integrity. Exceptions are always there but by and large everyone serving this country is a patriotic citizen.[/QUOTE]

[B]Are you really talking about Pakistan?

Well,You will have to break the back of the beast,if you wana survive with dignity in civil services, otherwise political elements will make your life miserable by throwing you some remote areas.

Regards,[/B]

shallowwater Monday, September 13, 2010 04:29 PM

@Invincible.

Yes, i am talking about Pakistan. Only competent people with integrity are selected to serve the country so there is no doubt about the honesty of these officers. One or two exceptions may be there but on the whole the bureaucracy is efficient and upright. Media always tries to paint a bleak picture about everything. The sacrifices offered by the people like Siffat Ghayoor must not be forgotten so soon.

Invincible Monday, September 13, 2010 04:52 PM

[B]Dear,you should differentiate between competency and honesty,both are not interlinked.I myself has witnessed innnumerable corrupt css officers,I dont want to name them here.It seems you are oblivious of real world.A few are honest but not all. Had 98p/c of officers been men of honesty,we would have seen a much more progressive Pakistan as they are the designers of destiny of state.[/B]

shallowwater Monday, September 13, 2010 05:00 PM

Its all about perception. May be you think some people are corrupt who actually may not be so. If you think taking the due share for one's hard work is corruption then its your personal thinking. What matters is the way we approach different things.

06:17 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.