Monday, April 29, 2024
07:02 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, August 07, 2010

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough
Default Can honest & upright officers survive in CSS?

Dear everyone, I want to know whether if honest and upright officers can comfortably survive in our civil services? I hear and sometimes see a lot of things which gives me second thoughts about our civil service. I am also aware that every society and department has good and bad people, but somehow it seems like the bad are out weighing the good in css.
I hope that I don't offend anyone but I just wanted to know what the situation really is. CSS officers' comments would be most welcomed. Thank You
Old Saturday, August 07, 2010

mangat1 has a spectacular aura aboutmangat1 has a spectacular aura about

yes, they can not only survive but can also make others' survival difficult in their own District. One must be brave from heart and should have a lion's courage. thats the game.
Old Monday, September 13, 2010

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough

With due respect.. If you look at things realistically.. Being a lion and brave will only get you transferred a lot or being made an OSD more often...
The Following User Says Thank You to kingfalcon For This Useful Post:
xavier (Wednesday, September 15, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1127

shallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to all

I think all the officers serving in Pakistan are honest and upright. They are selected on merit and we must not doubt their integrity. Exceptions are always there but by and large everyone serving this country is a patriotic citizen.
45th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2016 - Merit 143

wacar is on a distinguished road

well, i think as nothing is impossible..so honest css officers can survive and not only that the public and the media also highlight and appreciate those officers therefore whenever there is a forced transfer the public also protests in favor of the officer...so honest officers get respect as well as fame....but
this is a big BUT...if u will be honest u might not be able to match the life style of ur colleagues...ur children might not be in the same elite schools...u might not afford shopping in dubai like many officers....and u may even not have many friends in your department...
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfalcon View Post
Dear everyone, I want to know whether if honest and upright officers can comfortably survive in our civil services? I hear and sometimes see a lot of things which gives me second thoughts about our civil service. I am also aware that every society and department has good and bad people, but somehow it seems like the bad are out weighing the good in css.
I hope that I don't offend anyone but I just wanted to know what the situation really is. CSS officers' comments would be most welcomed. Thank You
Offcourse,an honest CSS officer can survive in civil service of Pakistan,if he really wants to serve this country with honesty and devotion.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallowwater View Post
I think all the officers serving in Pakistan are honest and upright. They are selected on merit and we must not doubt their integrity. Exceptions are always there but by and large everyone serving this country is a patriotic citizen.
Are you really talking about Pakistan?

Well,You will have to break the back of the beast,if you wana survive with dignity in civil services, otherwise political elements will make your life miserable by throwing you some remote areas.

Regards,
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1127

shallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to all

@Invincible.

Yes, i am talking about Pakistan. Only competent people with integrity are selected to serve the country so there is no doubt about the honesty of these officers. One or two exceptions may be there but on the whole the bureaucracy is efficient and upright. Media always tries to paint a bleak picture about everything. The sacrifices offered by the people like Siffat Ghayoor must not be forgotten so soon.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Dear,you should differentiate between competency and honesty,both are not interlinked.I myself has witnessed innnumerable corrupt css officers,I dont want to name them here.It seems you are oblivious of real world.A few are honest but not all. Had 98p/c of officers been men of honesty,we would have seen a much more progressive Pakistan as they are the designers of destiny of state.

Its all about perception. May be you think some people are corrupt who actually may not be so. If you think taking the due share for one's hard work is corruption then its your personal thinking. What matters is the way we approach different things.