CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   repealing blasphemy law right or wrong? (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/41548-repealing-blasphemy-law-right-wrong.html)

Xeric Thursday, November 25, 2010 09:55 PM

repealing blasphemy law right or wrong?

governor salman taseer n minister shahbaz bhatti declared the section 295 B n C descrimanatory n tools for victamizing minorities in pakistan n called for its removal from the law in context of on going case of asia bibi.
i invite a scholarly n pragmatic discussion from members in this scenario. pop also demanded for safe release of asia bibi n Pakistani clerics declared salman taseer n worthy of death.
if asia bibi is victimized then wts problem with 295 C it must be a legal flaw, if this section is misused then 302 is also misused in our country so then we shud repeal all the sections from Pakistan penal code? when ever there is blasphemous case salman taseer demands for repeal of blasphemy law, but when 302 section is misused he did not demand for its repeal why? :dry:

Ahmed_2007_Cool Thursday, November 25, 2010 10:23 PM

The very basis of such a law is ridiculous.

1) Did the Prophet (PBUH) himself kill people who hurled abuses and filthy objects at him? No, he instead asked God to guide and forgive them.

2) Are we so intolerant that we can't simply ignore abusive people? It's like class 5, [I]"tum ne mayray abu ko gali di? Beta ab dekhna - dosto ko bula kar tumhari pitaye karun ga!".[/I]

3) When people they are Christians or Hindus, they automatically imply that they don't accept the Prophethood of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). Should we start prosecuting them for that as well? I know many non-Muslims who have more knowledge of Islam than the ordinary Muslim but they still maintain their own religious beliefs.

4) Muslims on QTV and Peace TV mock and question the beliefs of non-Muslims everyday. Their words hurt, offend and belittle those non-Muslims. Should we ban QTV and Peace TV too because they offend people? Or should only offense taken by Muslims be considered "true" offense?

Xeric Thursday, November 25, 2010 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;240773]The very basis of such a law is ridiculous.

1) Did the Prophet (PBUH) himself kill people who hurled abuses and filthy objects at him? No, he instead asked God to guide and forgive them.

2) Are we so intolerant that we can't simply ignore abusive people? It's like class 5, [I]"tum ne mayray abu ko gali di? Beta ab dekhna - dosto ko bula kar tumhari pitaye karun ga!".[/I]

3) When people they are Christians or Hindus, they automatically imply that they don't accept the Prophethood of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). Should we start prosecuting them for that as well? I know many non-Muslims who have more knowledge of Islam than the ordinary Muslim but they still maintain their own religious beliefs.

4) Muslims on QTV and Peace TV mock and question the beliefs of non-Muslims everyday. Their words hurt, offend and belittle those non-Muslims. Should we ban QTV and Peace TV too because they offend people? Or should only offense taken by Muslims be considered "true" offense?[/QUOTE]

do you agree to allow abusing Holly Prophet PBUH in public places and give permission to the people to burn the copies of Holy Quran? ? ? ? ? ?

aariz Thursday, November 25, 2010 10:58 PM

[QUOTE=Dream;240790]do you agree to allow abusing Holly Prophet PBUH in public places and give permission to the people to burn the copies of Holy Quran? ? ? ? ? ?[/QUOTE]

The blasphemy act was passed by the parliament in 1992. The federal sharai court also endorsed the act. So, the law has been enacted by the legislative assembly and the senate.

My opinion:
As being a Muslim, I can not tolerate abuses against the Holy Prophet. Islam is a peaceful and lenient religion. We must shake the hand with opponents to start dialogue and convince. In addition, we must try to remove the misunderstanding of the person through speeches and other peaceful manners.

Regards

sfmascot Thursday, November 25, 2010 11:47 PM

dear Ahmed
"'Did the Prophet (PBUH) himself kill people who hurled abuses and filthy objects at him? No, he instead asked God to guide and forgive them.""
no dear the prophet(saww) killed only one person in his life. he also did pray for those who criticize him. as for the issue of abusive language is concern thr are four example when prophet (saww)asked the companion that who will kill those who used bad language about the prophet (saww).
one example was a Jews poet of banu quniaqa clan. he use bad verses about the prophet saww. he(saww) asked the companions" who will kill that person"?? and one of the ansawar companion went and killed the person.(p.k.hitti, tabqat e ibn saad. tareekh e tabri etc)
Hazrat umer too killed a person when he brought an issue to him while the prophet saww gave his verdict. this act was appreciated by the prophet saww.
hassan ibn thabit us to say qasaid of the prophet saww and use to counter the abusive poetry of unbeleiver against the prophet saww. as regard prophet saww use to put the sheet on menber and use to pray "ALLAH HELP HIM THROUGH GEBRAEEL AS"
IT MEAN THAT HE SAWW inspire his companion to counter such element of society.
regards

Ahmed_2007_Cool Thursday, November 25, 2010 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=Dream;240790]do you agree to allow abusing Holly Prophet PBUH in public places and give permission to the people to burn the copies of Holy Quran? ? ? ? ? ?[/QUOTE]

There is no law against abusing someone's dead parents but that doesn't mean it happens openly and commonly in public places, does it? There is no law against burning books in any country and again, the occurrence of people burning books is rare.

So just because there would not be a law against abusing the Prophet (PBUH) doesn't mean that I'm consenting to that practice or promoting it.

[B][U]Lastly, even if someone abuses Islam, our job is to guide them with love and kindness, not by the threat of hanging.[/U] [/B]

[I]May Allah make our hearts soft with kindness, mercy and love. We have become intolerant and hateful. Allah forgive us.[/I]

umarabbas Friday, November 26, 2010 12:14 AM

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;240811]There is no law against abusing someone's dead parents but that doesn't mean it happens openly and commonly in public places, does it? There is no law against burning books in any country and again, the occurrence of people burning books is rare.

So just because there would not be a law against abusing the Prophet (PBUH) doesn't mean that I'm consenting to that practice or promoting it.

[B][U]Lastly, even if someone abuses Islam, our job is to guide them with love and kindness, not by the threat of hanging.[/U] [/B]

[I]May Allah make our hearts soft with kindness, mercy and love. We have become intolerant and hateful. Allah forgive us.[/I][/QUOTE]

Ahmed Cool! you are cool dude! i agree with you to some extent. let me quote some facts and figures in all such cases and try to make others see the different sides of the issue:

1- Only two countries in the whole Islamic World hosting this law: One is Saudia Arabia and the other one should not be too hard to guess. It makes us true lovers of our PROPHET PBUH and not the rest of the Muslim world. doesn't it?

2- Secondly the blasphemy laws existed right from the British times. They wanted communal harmony to enable them to rule efficiently. It was only during the Zia Regime that this law got its shape that we are so used to these days. Just like in the Hudood Ordinance case, this particular Article also owes a lot to him. His only justification for his long rule was his ISLAMIZATION.

3-Till 2005 around 647 people have been charged and around 50% of them are from the minority. therefore its a plus sign of some sort. It's not about minorities alone. it's applicable for Muslims as well. But remember, none has been convicted to this date. The accused are always discharged by the Higher Courts. so who is to bring em back all their years they spent in the jail. Many a times the accused are killed before they are even able to defend themselves. more than 2/3rd of all such incidents have happened in the 7 Districts of Punjab where the minority ratio is comparatively quite higher than the rest of Pakistan.

I heard Ghamdi sahib say that we confuse the death penalty. According to him, when a Muslim purposely disobeys the HOLY PROPHET PBUH or says derogatory remarks about him (Na'aozubillah) he becomes a Murtad and in Islamic Fiqqah, Murtad is awarded a death penalty. that's where we confuse this scenario. During the Life of the Holy Prophet PBUH, Hazrat UMAR R.A killed a fellow Muslims who came to him to take a suggestion/verdict in a matter already decided by the PROPHET PBUH.

According to Ghamidi Sahib, there is no authentic hadees which shows or establishes this law. there is no place for this law in Islamic Fikkah. According to him, we should always forgive those who say such things because our PROPHET PBUH used to do that.

i personally believe, this law needs amendment. Don't abolish it because if people cannot write about Holocaust (Jews getting killed by Hitler) and people in Europe and elsewhere are being jailed for that, there is no reason why our PROPHET PBUH should not be defended. But yes ofcourse, we need to make the abuse of this law an impossibility. Make stricter conditions for the GAWAHs and above all if the case is not proved/or it is proved that it was culminated by ill wills (as is the case mostly), the same "punishment" should be awared to the one who levelled them against an innocent person.

Allah hum sab ko maaf karay!

Last Island Friday, November 26, 2010 02:22 AM

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;240773]The very basis of such a law is ridiculous.

4) Muslims on QTV and Peace TV mock and question the beliefs of non-Muslims everyday. Their words hurt, offend and belittle those non-Muslims. Should we ban QTV and Peace TV too because they offend people? Or should only offense taken by Muslims be considered "true" offense?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;240811]There is no law against abusing someone's dead parents but that doesn't mean it happens openly and commonly in public places, does it? There is no law against burning books in any country and again, the occurrence of people burning books is rare.

[I]May Allah make our hearts soft with kindness, mercy and love. We have become intolerant and hateful. Allah forgive us.[/I][/QUOTE]

Sunnan Abu-Dawud
Book 38, Number 4348:
Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas:
A blind man had a slave-mother (A slave-woman bearing children but not treated as a wife?) who used to abuse the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) was informed about it. He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up. He sat before the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her. Thereupon the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood."

Sunnan Abu-Dawud
Book 38, Number 4350:
Narrated AbuBakr: AbuBarzah said: I was with AbuBakr. He became angry at a man and uttered hot words. I said: Do you permit me, Caliph of the Apostle of Allah (Peace Be Upon Him), that I cut off his neck? These words of mine removed his anger; he stood and went in. He then sent for me and said: What did you say just now? I said: (I had said) Permit me that I cut off his neck. He said: Would you do it if I ordered you? I said: Yes. He said: No, I swear by Allah, this is not allowed for any man after Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him).

Maha Khan Friday, November 26, 2010 08:31 AM

its a very sensitive issue which deals with a controversial law...I think all human beings should respect other religious belongings...Muslims should respect non Muslims including Ahmadis and christians....If Asia Bibi is adamant that she did not say anything wrong about Mohammad(PBUH),then we should forgive her...we cannot trust the wording of those ladies who alleged her..they had no right to provke her or hurt Asia'feelings by saying that"Hum isai k hath se pani nhi pete"...etc...every person is so emotional about his/her religion,and cannot tolerate anything wrong about his/her belief....:as far as blasphemy law is concerned it is against the nature of Islamic spirit and often used against non-Muslims,whereas Muslims are free to speak against their Holy personalities.....:?..im shocked to read some articles in which some journalists try to compare Asia'case with Afia...there is no similarity between these two cases..and such type of thinking will only add fuel to the fire...
Regards

Saad Qaisrani Friday, November 26, 2010 08:36 AM

There is no evidence in the recently decided case of Asia Bibi that any copy of the holy Quran was burnt. Regarding hurling of abuses, again the only evidence that was provided was by the ladies of the opposing party. There were no neutral witnesses.

In such an overwhelmingly muslim (but hypocritic) society as Pakistan, any non-muslim would think a hundred times before even uttering the Prophet's (SAW) name in the public. How do you expect him/her to start hurling abuses all of a sudden?

It is a fact that there is no bigger hypocrite in our society than us so-called muslims.

When the Prophet (SAW) himself [B]prayed [/B]for the old lady who threw garbage on him, who are we to suddenly become judgemental on anybody who [B]purportedly[/B] said something abusive about the Prophet (SAW)? The Prophet (SAW) had a great tolerance, which unfortunately we as a progressive Islamic nation lack.

Learn to be tolerant my friend. It will really help you a great deal in life.

07:09 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.