CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   "Tablighi Jaamat" What really they do ? (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/41796-tablighi-jaamat-what-really-they-do.html)

Sociologist PU Thursday, December 02, 2010 06:54 PM

"Tablighi Jaamat" What really they do ?

Like every year the traffic was again jam today on Lahore roads that lead to Raiwind where annual gathering of tablighi jamaat being held. Some questions pop up in my mind (as i was stuck up on canal road in my car) after seeing a large number of people heading towards Raiwaind;

1- What is the philosphy behind this preaching to muslims by the muslim?

2- This jammat has a long history of preaching so what impact has it on society so far ? Can we see any social change due to the efforts of this Jammat ?

3- Are the people participating in this gathering are perfect muslims ?

Plz share your knowledge with us.

courageneverdies Thursday, December 02, 2010 07:19 PM

[QUOTE]1- What is the philosphy behind this preaching to muslims by the muslim?[/QUOTE]

All Muslims believe strictly and strongly that after Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) there is no prophet to preach and spread the word of Allah. So, as the Qur'an says that its the responsibility of the followers of Muhammad (S.A.W.W.) to keep spreading the word of Allah.

Spreading of word of Allah, or preaching of Islam is not bound to Non-Muslims only. It is also a matter of importance that the people who have forgotten the true spirit of Islam and religion should be reminded what their great religion is all about.

Ignorance in religion leads to atheism. You must know that out of nearly 124,000 prophets, most were sent to Bani Israel, Why? Because they used to get ignorant of the teaching of earlier prophets and after a while it was required to remind them of their true religion.

Therefore, we, the Muslims, need to get reminded again. This is one of the many functions of Tablighi Jamaat.

[QUOTE]2- This jammat has a long history of preaching so what impact has it on society so far ? Can we see any social change due to the efforts of this Jammat ?[/QUOTE]

The answer is in your question, you said:

[QUOTE]Like every year the traffic was again jam today on Lahore roads that lead to Raiwind where annual gathering of tablighi jamaat being held.[/QUOTE]

Isnt it a social change that every year thousands leave their homes to renew the warmth of the religion in them? If not all, but most of them would certainly try to implement the teachings of Islam in their lives.

[QUOTE]3- Are the people participating in this gathering are perfect muslims ? [/QUOTE]

No, but they are trying to be. Their very act of troubling themselves for this sake is an evidence of their sincerety.

Regards

Muhammad Arif Shah Thursday, December 02, 2010 07:31 PM

it needs a long discussion( 4 those who don't even know the motive of existence of mankind on the earth).......but the least i could say is to tableegh or to convey the message of Allah to all, is the responsibility of every UMMATTI of Muhammad( s.a.w)......their mission statement is to do good deeds and to stop from bad !!!!! though every1 going to raiwand for ijtima will not be a good practicing muslim but at least they are showing a desire for doing what they are born for !!!!

floydian Thursday, December 02, 2010 09:43 PM

Everybody is running different shops here. One such chain of stores is called tableeghi jamaat.

cheers,
floydian

Shahid Shakoor Thursday, December 02, 2010 10:14 PM

tableegh

The philosphy behind this preaching to muslims by the muslim is that when you try to preach non muslim,he asked to preacher the muslim of today stands where???he is lier,,,,,he is thief,,,,,he is stockist of food items,,,,he is dishonest....etc.so ist of all our preachers should focus on the muslims...when we will on right way the other non muslims will follow us

2- This jammat has a long history of preaching so what impact has it on society so far ? Can we see any social change due to the efforts of this Jammat ?

it has a very dominant impact on society,,,,the singers who danced with girls in past now with the help of tableeghi jammat call back the same girls and boys towards Allah on the same places Examples are Junaid Jamshaid,haider ali etc..
Cricters like saeed anwar,saqlain mushtaq etc are the eaxample of social change,,,,they are influecing the young generation's thoughts

no one can claim that he is a perfect muslim... even not you and me.....

Rehan Mehmood Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:21 PM

Dear Floydian,

Medal awarded to you shows that you have cleared your CSS written part, but I think, unfortunately you had studied the Islamiat (compulsory) just as COMPULSORY Subject. Dear without any real facts you just said this is one such chain of stores. How would you say in this way?

Let me clear you one thing that this delegation (Jamma’t) is not founded by someone common person like you and me. This was founded by Muhammad (PBUH) in the respect of Islam, and we all Muslims deliberately believe that every action adopted by Muhammad (PBUH), was revealed on him by Allah almighty. And for this Muhammad (PBUH) was himself a very first preacher (Tablighi) of Islam. Moreover, Holy Quran, is full of these kind of messages, to do tell to the non-Muslim about the truthfulness of Allah and keep them informed. Secondly the position of Muslim is just at front of us, we Muslims are falling in lethargic day by day. We also need some sort of academy.

In somehow mean, you are right, but as all fingers are not equal, same every one is not fraud. :nono

mussaa Friday, December 03, 2010 01:25 AM

how many of you have visited Riwind ?

imran bakht Friday, December 03, 2010 01:37 AM

[QUOTE=mussaa;242774]how many of you have visited Riwind ?[/QUOTE]

i would like to know the environment of the great raiwand ijtimah...
i myself did nt visit there

[QUOTE=mussaa;242774]how many of you have visited Riwind ?[/QUOTE]

please sir draw a picture of the great ijtimaah for us

mussaa Friday, December 03, 2010 01:39 AM

hum gunnah gar banday hamara wahan kia kaam
;)

imran bakht Friday, December 03, 2010 01:42 AM

[QUOTE=mussaa;242782]hum gunnah gar banday hamara wahan kia kaam
;)[/QUOTE]

ok sir ye css 2011 form me brothers and sisters ki details zaroori hay ya hum iss ko chorr saktay hay

mussaa Friday, December 03, 2010 01:47 AM

yar behn bhayon ko chorna achi baat nahi hai.

imran bakht Friday, December 03, 2010 01:49 AM

[QUOTE=mussaa;242786]yar behn bhayon ko chorna achi baat nahi hai.[/QUOTE]

nahee sir .. dont think negative

mussaa Friday, December 03, 2010 01:51 AM

bro you are behaving like apko behn bhayon ki detail btate sharam ati hai. how many brothers and sisters do you have ?

imran bakht Friday, December 03, 2010 01:53 AM

[QUOTE=mussaa;242788]bro you are behaving like apko behn bhayon ki detail btate sharam ati hai. how many brothers and sisters do you have ?[/QUOTE]

i am alone... thats why asking

mussaa Friday, December 03, 2010 01:54 AM

don't take tension yar . Mujhe apna bhai hi samjho

imran bakht Friday, December 03, 2010 01:55 AM

[QUOTE=mussaa;242790]don't take tension yar . Mujhe apna bhai hi samjho[/QUOTE]

acha to pir kia aap chatay hay ke aap ki details daal doo. ku marwa rahay hoo sir....

imran bakht Friday, December 03, 2010 01:59 AM

@ mussa

sir your signature is unique... can u tell me what it means...

mussaa Friday, December 03, 2010 01:59 AM

meri detail likho gay to mere konsa Jazibroomi ki trha aik hi cheeze pe 2 medal ho janay hain. just leave that blank.and write only your details.

imran bakht Friday, December 03, 2010 02:01 AM

[QUOTE=mussaa;242794]meri detail likho gay to mere konsa Jazibroomi ki trha aik hi cheeze pe 2 medal ho janay hain. just leave that blank.and write only your details.[/QUOTE]

hmmmm... jazib roomi ko 2 medals melay hay... what it means .. did he passed twice

mussaa Friday, December 03, 2010 02:04 AM

actually i am also in a fix . i also can't understand the reason. and sometimes i thought that shaid mujhe aik medal do do nazar a rahay hain.

wahab_ahqar Friday, December 03, 2010 04:41 AM

I have been there only for dua( On the last day) , but i was amazed to see so many people there. It was heart touching experience. I don't know how many of you had gone for Sah roza( Three days spent away from home calling people to the teachings of Islam and remiding them of their purpose of life), but i am fortunate enough to go for it. You feel a change in your life and peace of mind( Every one wants this thing). It gives you peace of mind and satisfaction. Just give it a try, and go if you can go for sometime if not the whole three days.

@ Floydian:

Why people open a store? to earn money or some other benefit. I don't see any such sort of political, economical or other agenda of Tableeghi Jamaat except calling people to the right path.
They don't participate in any political activity or till this time no intent has been shown by them directly or indirectly to grab power. One thing always appeals me and challenges my mind, why so many people come to attend it willingly!!!. I think people are searching for peace of mind and purpose of their existence and that brings them here because everything else has failed to answer this question!!!

Sociologist PU Friday, December 03, 2010 11:34 AM

@ Wahab

Bhai my observation is different !

There may be many good muslims in this Jammat, but i have seen many land-grabbers, narcotic dealers, dishonest shopkeepers in this "ijtama" and they also go for "sah roza" and longer field trips like you for preaching.
My question is that when they themselves are not acting upon the tenants of Islam, why they ask others to become good muslims ?
They are found everywhere, in every street, in mosques, in offices and their reach is 100% among the masses but the society is getting worse day by day. Why people dont listen to them and act upon their advise ? Is there something wrong with their character ? Or they are preaching for a particular sect (their hidden agenda) that is not practiced by majority of the pakistanis? That is why people listen of their advice from one ear and expel it from other ear. No impact at all.

Rehan Mehmood Friday, December 03, 2010 12:00 PM

Tablighi Ijtima and Jammat

Friends,

Those who don’t have information about Tablighi Ijtma can visit the following link;

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablighi_Jamaat[/url]

Moreover, I have attended some sessions with Tablighi Jammat for three days in different times. Single Jammat can be based on three or more then three people, in them one used to be Ameer (Leader of the Jammat, an experienced person) to lead the Jammat. The Jammat used to go to different places for short periods, like, delegation stays three days in one of the main mosque (Jaama Masjid) of any area, and do preaching to the people of the area. In this course they also visit (Called Ghasht) the main populated streets of the area to invite people towards mosques.

This practice just not gets an end with this exercise. When this delegation get back to their station, the Ameer provide a visit report (Called Kar-Guzari), a visit report cover different points like;

1. How was overall trip
2. Response of the people
3. Participation
4. Hurdles faced etc..

In my opinion, this is very good practice, particularly for those who are interested to go to Hajj (Pilgrim) or Ummrah. Hajj is one great expression of unity for Muslim. But it always remains a bit tough in health point of view, where thousands of people perform Hajj in the same time. During Hajj people face so many situations, to handle those situations need basic knowledge and courage, which literally can come through this Tablighi Practice. People can learn so many things in different point of view, where the most important is forgiving someone. People talk slowly and gently with each other, keep an observation in surroundings, used to take care of each other, particularly while praying. Which are essentials for Hajj.

Therefore, Tablighi Ijtima or Jammat is much popular in preaching point of view.

Regards

sweetPakistan Friday, December 03, 2010 12:05 PM

[B]@sociologist[/B][B][COLOR="darkRed"]There may be many good muslims in this Jammat, but i have seen many land-grabbers, narcotic dealers, dishonest shopkeepers in this "ijtama" and they also go for "sah roza" and longer field trips like you for preaching[/COLOR][/B]
dear the philosphy is that Tablighi jumath doesnt mean to come forward and change the society .it all to first change your self.by doing practising of making groups , just to learn Allah farman, sunnah and islamic believes.
[COLOR="darkRed"][B]My question is that when they themselves are not acting upon the tenants of Islam, why they ask others to become good muslims ?[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
how many beurocrats are currupt.but you dint left the mission to gain knowledge and doing CSS.And still might be you like to be a good CSP officer.isnt it.so as it doesnt mean that there are not good people in Tablighi jumat.most of them are very good and pouise people.
manypickpocket goes to huj.it doesnt mean not to Offer HUJ Mubarak.because many muslim are picpokets over their.every one induvidually do crimes.you are not autorise to point out the whole nation .
another
eg:by doing SEROZA
you believe in Group study.it doesnt mean that you r trying to give yur knowledge not gaining .it means that might be some of your fellow knows better then that of your knowlge .and may be through your group knowlede u get some thing unique from the study.here what SAROZA means not even praching but also gaining through step by step.LAst Tablighi Jumat means just learning and telling the farman of Allah and his Prophet Hazrat Muhamad (SAWW).

Abdullah Nayyar Friday, December 03, 2010 12:05 PM

@Socialogist
When you go to the mosque, you see people with all social evils i.e. corrupt, drinkers etc. but you do not blame the whole exercise bad because such people are taking part in it. They are all allowed because someday this might make them mend their ways.

I think you should analyze their message and the philosophy behind it and if there is something malicious in that then we can ridicule them. As far as I know they do not have any political ambition despite having a huge support and never even mention anyone in order to ridicule them like our conventional moulvis normally do. They do not blame America for our fallacies. Somebody in the earlier posts explained their philosophy and I agree with that interpretation but I think they are more focused on introspection among Muslims. They call for Muslims to become practicing Muslims in terms of praying Nimaz and all as well as socially an example for others if they are going to induce others to convert to Islam. I heard in the duwa of Ijtima leaders of different religious sects take part because they aren't opposed to anyone or breed hatred but rather focus on strengthening the foundations of faith.

sweetPakistan Friday, December 03, 2010 12:19 PM

[B][COLOR="darkRed"]@sociologist[/COLOR][/B]
and [COLOR="darkRed"][B]last you get alot from it.Patience.tollerance.punctuality.respect.dealings with youngers and elders.in your family.politness.and many more.[/B]
[/COLOR]its our fault not to adopting and doing wrong deed.not their.as they tell us the way of spending your life in right path.it us not to listening to them.Tell me Who is Wrong and who become Right

Invincible Friday, December 03, 2010 12:33 PM

[B][QUOTE=floydian;242702]Everybody is running different shops here. One such chain of stores is called tableeghi jamaat.

cheers,
floydian[/QUOTE]

[U]The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about[/U].

[QUOTE=Sociologist PU;242852]@ Wahab

Bhai my observation is different !

There may be many good muslims in this Jammat, but i have seen many land-grabbers, narcotic dealers, dishonest shopkeepers in this "ijtama" and they also go for "sah roza" and longer field trips like you for preaching.
My question is that when they themselves are not acting upon the tenants of Islam, why they ask others to become good muslims ?
They are found everywhere, in every street, in mosques, in offices and their reach is 100% among the masses but the society is getting worse day by day. Why people dont listen to them and act upon their advise ? Is there something wrong with their character ? Or they are preaching for a particular sect (their hidden agenda) that is not practiced by majority of the pakistanis? That is why people listen of their advice from one ear and expel it from other ear. No impact at all.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"]دنیا میں کبھی کسی اچھے انسان کو تلاش مت کرنا ۔ خود اچھے بن جانا ہو سکتا ہےاپکے اس کام سے کسی اور کی[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]تلاش ختم ہو جائے[/SIZE]

This Jammat is the most peace loving,I have come acrossed so far.They dont have any ill intentions to step into politics,it is open to all sects and classes.No foregin funding or hidden affiliation to USA.

Many corrupt people do come there(as listeners not preachers) and stay three days to just get tranquility of soul and consolation of heart that may lead them to right path sooner or later.

Regards

[/B]

lifemysterious786 Friday, December 03, 2010 12:48 PM

Tablighi jamat has really changed my brother. Just one Sehroza did it what we all couldn't do. He was a typical "pathan". Not only in Ibadaat but also in his his collective and individual behavior there was an evident difference. The most amazing things he learned ware open mindedness and liberalism. It was a sigh of relief for me:). And the best thing is, experience with jamat teaches how to behave in daily routine and tasks. But even then....Hidayat is "minallah" (from Allah SW). It may do no good if one see it through jaundiced eye.

hafiz ishtiaq ahmad Friday, December 03, 2010 01:30 PM

real face of Tablighi Jammat

[B][COLOR="Blue"]after long discussion i reach this point that some people fallen in Islamophobia , it is their duty to oppose all religious activities , among them religion is burden on mankind , religious preach and related activities are the things of old time. they said that religious people are fundamentalist so there is no place in thier heart for religion and religious people.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="Purple"]comparision to this lobby my other friends are trying to draw the canals of honey in favour of religious people without looking real situation.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Magenta"]both groups ignore reality among tabligi jammat[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Sienna"]here i present some facts among tabligi jammat[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]1-it is truth that jammat have a great impression on not only the people of pakistan also many countries of the world

2-it is correct that the members of this organization increase speedly comparison to all other religious organization

3-it is reality that our new generation is attracted towards this organization due to his neutral policies
4-this organization help to increase literacy rate in our country
5-this organization gives clear message to all over the world that islam is the religion of peace
6-this organization is role model for other religious organization that the preaching method of this organization is effective, so other religious organization works on the model of tabligi jamat such as dawette islami
7-this organization works on this theory all acts is done by Alllah, man cannot do anything without his order, so many countries like pakistan where a large number of social evils such as unemployment, nepotism, poverty, absence of merit system and many other evils present gives confidence to the young generation and gives a messaese of patience
8-in annual session of this organization minimun 3 million people participate , in ijtima we look punjabi, sindhi, balochi, pathan , muhajar and people of different kinds and caste participate which shows all muslims are equal

9-similarly all those people who attach this organization love with pakistan so you can see on that areas where jammat is much hold there is no rebel moment in balochistan .
10-similarly jammat wings never plan to make new state in pakistan
so tabligi jammat is the great blessing of God for our country
but at the same time this organization have a long list of negative points
which i will share after jumma prayer(insaaallah)[/COLOR][/B]

game on Saturday, December 04, 2010 03:50 PM

Tweak them

[QUOTE=Sociologist PU;242638]Like every year the traffic was again jam today on Lahore roads that lead to Raiwind where annual gathering of tablighi jamaat being held. Some questions pop up in my mind (as i was stuck up on canal road in my car) after seeing a large number of people heading towards Raiwaind;

Plz share your knowledge with us.[/QUOTE]

First of all, i got to admire your bravery for initiating thread which is touchy and sensitive to many memberz. HOtness of replies tells you the whole story.
now coming to the point.
1) the philosphy behind preaching the muslims?
i dont think they "preach" muslims. they actually sought to reform them.they dont mean to inform muslims that god is one and HAZRAT MUHAMMAD (SAW) IS THE LAST PROPHET OF ALLAH.BUT, to make them understand the true meaning of what it meant to be muslim and what lessons "TAUHEED" teach.they aim at bridging up gap between knowing and assimilating "FAITH".THEY TEND TO REINFORCE what we already know and try to imprint basics of islam on the hearts of muslims. They preach muslims to make them true muslims(MOMIN).

2) yes, they do have long history and i also agree no major impact is visible in society.ACTUALLY, odd ones get roformed but this jammat has so far failed to bring in positive change in society at large. why? only because they want to make change , but they thier methadology is not convincing. you know every-time you come across TABLIGEE JAMAAT, each and every person belonging to this jamaat wil be using same words, crammed sentences, sam issues etc etc. i mean to say they are not innovative or creative in their approach, thus fail to attract the attention of listener on long-term-basis and make no long-term change. you will find guys who would even remain with them , but there is no apparent change in them at all.so, they need to change the way they conduct thier affairs. they need to be creative, more vibrant.

3) HUMAN BINGS IN GENERAL CAN NEVER BE PERFECT let alone these "tableegi jammat walay."had they been perfect, they would not have been human biengs.

Sociologist PU Saturday, December 04, 2010 06:03 PM

Actually, i have seen the destruction of some families due to the joining of the heads of these families in this jamaat.
The first is one of my cousion. He was leading a happy life but when he joined the jammat, his family becomes the victim of his tunnel-vision and narrow mindedness.
The first thing he did was that he banned the going out of his daughters for school and his wife for any outing, even for medical needs. One day he threw away in the street the computer and TV and deprived the family of any entertainment. Later, his wife died due to the restrictions and denying of medical facilities.
Another neighbor of us has involved so much in the "Tabligh" that his own family is neglected, as he is always on tablighee tour. One of his son has started smoking herion and other is in bad company with no future, but he is always on months long tablighee mission in and out of the country.:ohmy

In my openion these persons themselves need some guidence ! Only observing rituals does not make us better muslims unless we are pure at heart and care for others.

mjkhan Saturday, December 04, 2010 06:42 PM

well here is my personal experience....
i hve been caught by these jammatiz many a time..but wt i dont like abt them is they ask very weired questions from u as if they think that we r nt muslims nd they r some scholars(when seldom is the case when they r nt even able to argue with acommon muslim abt islam)...they asked me to recite first kalima,then second then told me ALLAH is one nd son on...i mean wts the point in that?as if i dont knw abt it nd then i also have a chance or two to have a discussion with them nd i found out that in logo nay baaton ko raata lagaya huwa hai aur wohee baatain logo ko bata rahay hain may be even they themseleves dont knw the spirit of wt they r preaching....so the point is that although the idea nd spirit of this institution is not or perhaps more appropriately can never be wrong or bad etc but it needs real reformation(at least this is wt my personal xperience says nd it shud nt be generalized)
nd another thing may be the words uesd by floydian r a bit harsh considering the fact that this issue is a bit sensitive but nevertheless i am in agreement with his opinion...

Invincible Sunday, December 05, 2010 12:42 PM

[QUOTE=Sociologist PU;243200]Actually, i have seen the destruction of some families due to the joining of the heads of these families in this jamaat.
The first is one of my cousion. He was leading a happy life but when he joined the jammat, his family becomes the victim of his tunnel-vision and narrow mindedness.
The first thing he did was that he banned the going out of his daughters for school and his wife for any outing, even for medical needs. One day he threw away in the street the computer and TV and deprived the family of any entertainment. Later, his wife died due to the restrictions and denying of medical facilities..[/QUOTE]

[B]Dear,dont exaggerate, are you sure,your cousin was associated with this Jamaat or [U]Jihadi organisation[/U]
I have witnessed many female doctors,teachers,advocates being part of this jammat performing their professional duties exceptionally well.[/B]

[QUOTE=Sociologist PU;243200]Another neighbor of us has involved so much in the "Tabligh" that his own family is neglected, as he is always on tablighee tour. One of his son has started smoking herion and other is in bad company with no future, but he is always on months long tablighee mission in and out of the country.:ohmy .[/QUOTE]

[B]Have Junaid jamshed,Inzmam,Shahid Afridi,Saeed Anwar,Mushtaq Ahmed etc divorced this worldly life? [/B]

[YOUTUBE]0-UjSZyhRaA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NkIyUklshvc[/YOUTUBE]

[B][U]I will post more links if required.

Regards[/U][/B]

floydian Sunday, December 05, 2010 03:31 PM

I second Sociologist PU.

I miss the good old JJ of vital signs. I was so proud of him. Ahh! good old days.....

cheers,
floydian

most wanted Sunday, December 05, 2010 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=floydian;243476]I second Sociologist PU.

I miss the good old JJ of vital signs. I was so proud of him. Ahh! good old days.....

cheers,
floydian[/QUOTE]

@ floydian

May Allah chang ur mind like JJ, so that u do love the new JJ as well...

Sociologist PU Sunday, December 05, 2010 05:20 PM

@ Invincible

I am not exaggerating at all. You are taking the Jihadis as a different group while there is little difference between the two. Both have a soft corner in their hearts for each other. Jihadis are their militant wing. Dont you know some terrorists were arrested last year from the Raiwind Markaz ?

aphrodite Sunday, December 05, 2010 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Sociologist PU;242638]

.[/QUOTE]

In order to come to any conclusion, you need to study the associations of the jamaat with other organizations or people. On the facade, this institution is doing commendable work- most muslims would find it hard to point out any negative affect of it. But its when u begin to make connections of this jamaat to other notorious entities that one gets perplexed.

I know many would get infuriated with what i am about to write, however to each his own. Im no preacher. I am only trying to put forth facts as impartially as possible. But religion is 'felt' before its practiced. The soul is highly metaphysical in essence and its sustenance should also transcend mere rituals. Rituals are only that. They are extensions of a larger meaning. A tableeghi jamaat focuses more on performing these rituals ardently than understanding what is beyond that. Yes, they will tell you why its good for you.. They wont tell you why God ordained the 5x prayers at specific times- for all 5 signify the different times His beloved prophets performed prayers for various reasons. They will tell you why its so important to perform Haj. But they wont tell you that all the actions in Haj are only those once performed by His beloved people. They will prescribe you only certain old Islamic books but not others condemning them as ‘being altered’. They will overlook certain ahadith citing them as ‘weak chain’. And that is the problem with their philosophy. For most of Islam is simply a tribute to God’s chosen men. We don’t know anything in detail about Allah Almighty Himself.

It is a highly complex system to explain because a lot of history is involved. Some links I will provide. For more detailed info, do your own research. Tableeghi jamaats are and historically have been politically motivated. They serve the motives of certain groups. In undivided India, they were used as an instrument of sectarianism by the British. In Pakistan today, we often tend to be answerless regarding why there is a sudden class of people getting attracted towards religion when it was never the case. We see artists, sportsmen and our next door neighbor abruptly giving up their old ways to become newly-baptized and we gawk in awe on their piety and conclude that ‘God has shown them the way’. It would have been all okay. But the sudden wave has an uncanny resemblance to a bad Hollywood zombie movie where slowly the entire city starts behaving weird.

One of the prime sponsors of tableeghi jamaats is Saudi Arabia. This was a negligible influence before Zia, but after he arrived, given his personal links to Saudis, this has now become a major force. So why is this a problem if its only the good ol’ Islam? Because Saudis follow a brand of Islam rejected by 90% of the muslim world. Its called Wahhabism. Once you hit google with this term, the number of sites against this ideology, as well as the number of books on it will baffle you- both by Western and eastern sources. The founder of this brand, Abdul Wahab Najdi had compacted with Ibn Saud, the founder of the Saudi royal family some mere 300 years ago in the deserts of Hejaz. The origins of both are obscure and highly doubtful with many historians contending that they are of crypto-Jewish stock. The Saud family’s deep friendship with the Britishers resulted in them being rewarded the whole of Hejaz and Najd after the disintegration of the Ottoman empire- that the Saud family worked very hard to tarnish. This is pure history and nothing else. All this is also detailed in the book “Confessions of a British Spy” by Mr. Humphrey.

This again wouldn’t have been very problematic if they were happy within their own usurped territory. But the Saudis went on to establish their sponsored centers in other parts of muslim lands in a bid to legitimize their neo-Islam. However by then majority of muslim scholars along with heads of states had openly condemned their ideology and they were ostracized even before they made an entrance. So like any student of marketing would know, when a product fails all you have to do is re-package it, re-brand it and push it back into the market without any mention of its previous name. This is precisely what the Saudis did with due technical aid from the British puppeteers. They created ‘centers of learning for scholars’ under various names in un-partitioned India and elsewhere. The phenomena is also notoriously termed “petro-dollar Islam’. Google it. Anybody who has seen the Arrivals documentary till the end will remember how its makers pointed out that all of Allah’s religions have been infiltrated. Islam is no different. This is precisely how the conspirators have done it. By causing dissentions in ‘interpretation’ of Islam if they cant edit the book itself. After all Talibans aren’t fatherless. Their religious doctrine has to have some origin. And the Wahhabi Islam along with its various guises provide them with a framework.

As far as the social aspect is concerned, Ill simply put it this way. Pakistanis are turning towards tableeghi jamaats more than ever before. Why is it then that its become a hell-hole to live in? That’s food for thought.

And good muslim/bad muslim debate is also highly spiritual in nature. Who doesn’t sin? I have seen people in whose eyes I see God and the devil balanced equally. Part of them is a saint. The other half is a sinner of the worst order. Only God can judge. Even our Holy Prophet (saw) refused to judge a drunkard when he arrived, reasoning that he loves me and Allah more than most of you.

The point is, don’t begin to trust something just because it looks noble. Its becoming increasingly tough to judge good from bad in these end of times.

Links

[url]www.hizmetbooks.org/AdobeBooks/BritishSpy.pdf[/url]
The book “Confessions of a British Spy”- Mr. Humphrey

[url]http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/Articles/English/Tableeghee%20Jma'at-Ahadis.htm[/url]
Proves through Quran and hadith alone that the ideology behind tableeghi jamaats is faulty.

[url]http://pakteahouse.wordpress.com/2009/11/04/tablighi-jamaat-coming-of-age/[/url] Talking about its connections to dubious outfits, and its political aspect

most wanted Sunday, December 05, 2010 06:38 PM

@ aphrodite

"One of the prime sponsors of tableeghi jamaats is Saudi Arabia"

your comment seems totally baseless , if it is so y tabligi people are strictly banned to preach in Saudi Arabia..?

i think net can b a good source only to find some basic facts abt an issue bt if someone wants to reach to the core, he must have some first-hand data through his own observation, and interviews with the very concerned people, it is not sufficient to comment on an issue by reading an article on Wikipedia...

if one wants to have a true picture of tabligi jammat, its motives, its role, he must visit atleast once the tabligi markaz at their home town and have some discussion with the Ulemas over there...

hope sociologist pu being master in sociology do recognise the importance of first hand in social research...

Sociologist PU Sunday, December 05, 2010 07:22 PM

@ Most wanted

Whatever i am saying is based upon my own first hand observation and interaction with "on the ground" people. These are ground realities but everybody has the right to differ.

Abdullah Nayyar Sunday, December 05, 2010 09:54 PM

@aphrodite

Your arguments obviously are based on presumptions or preconceived notions. Having lived in Saudi Arabia for over 10 years, I can assure its otherwise. Politically motivated? C'mon even Americans think otherwise if you do some research on the web. You obviously have had no opportunity to listen to what they have to say before rushing to judgments. Your other arguments are also a result of inherent bias rather than a clear understanding of what they do and can easily be refuted. You take your reasoning to a whole new level when you discern the link between Pak's poor state of affairs and somehow blame it on them. Please go check your facts before you mislead others. This is an endless debate!

09:39 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.