Saturday, May 18, 2024
01:59 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, January 08, 2011

khanbaba512 will become famous soon enough
Default blasphemy law,Islamism or extremism

The assassination of Governor Salman taseer had opened a new debate on all forums . Human rights organizations and political parties have condemned taseer’s killing and called MUMTAZ QADRI a fanatic and religious extremist . International media and minorities are off the view that Pakistan is hijacked by religious extremist who are translating Islam according to their own will. In short everyone having liberal mindset is considering taseer a Martyr and Qadri an extremist . They praised Taseer for his aloof stance against blasphemy law . Ulema on the other hand are in a quandary about making a statement .Although Qadri breached his lawful duty but one has to look at all the aspects before jumping to anny conclusion in any matter.According to the statement of Mumtaz Qadri he killed governor Sulman taseer for calling blasphemy law “Black law”. Now we should throw light on blasphemy law according to Islamic injunctions and also by vision of Quaid – e –azam and illama iqbal.first one should clear his mind about the perception that this law is according to Islamic point of view.It was proved by Sunnah that blasphemers were beheaded many times by the hands of SAHABA – E – KARAM.Although we live in a muslim country which came in to being in the roaring slogan of “PAKISTAN KA MATLAB KYA ?LA ILAHA ILLAL LAH” . unlike SAUDI ARABIA our constitution doesn’t allow the punishment of robber according to Islamic law .Beside robbery many examples can be given in which our constitution doesn’t allow the punishment according to Islamic law.This causes perplexity in my mind that why only our blasphemy law is criticized?No one ever said anything about SAUDIA ARABIA laws.Why is everyone incensed at our blasphemy law? Had anyone ever condemned British blasphemy law??Had anyone ever called it a barbarian or “black law” .The answer is no.All the human rights organizations consider PAKISTAN an easy target.Had these human rights organizations ever visited India ,they might change their opinion about PAKISTAN.2 days ago I read a letter titled “BLASPHEMY LAW AND JINNAH’S IDEOGY” . précis of thi letter is that blasphemy law is against jinnah’s liberal ideology.Now I want to mention the story of GHAZI ILM DIN R.A . he was an illiterate carpenter who killed RAJ PAL, a blasphemer .Dr Muhammad Illama iqbal requested quaid –e-azam to represent him as his attorney.Quaid-e-azam didn’t charged him a single penny for his services.When GHAZI ILM DIN was hanged ,he was buried without Islamic funeral services by British government . On request of Illama iqbal and M.D Taseer ,father of Sulman taseer government handed over the body to muslims.M.D taseer arranged his funeral procession.Ghazi ilm ud din’s father requested ALLAMA IQBAL to lead the funeral prayer and this shrived him and he replied”I am a sinful person not competent to do this job to lead the funeral of such a matchless warrior” . Maulana Zafar Ali khan said before burial “Ah only if I had attained this blessed status” . Allama iqbal placed the body in the grave with tears in his eyes.at that time he said “This young man left us ,the educated men behind (In status ) “ If Ghazi Ilm din happened to be in our Era .He could’ve been given the title of a illiterate extremist . M.D Taseer was not an ordinary man.He was a great poet and the first person from the sub*-continent who had done PhD in English literature.So in Sulman taseer’s case we can’t say “LIKE FATHER LIKE SON” . Father considered the killer of a blasphemer , a true warrior while on the other hand his son was killed because he was advocating a blasphemer . I was flabbergasted when Governor Sulman taseer started to give statements regarding Asia Bibi’s innocence and when he declared blasphemy law ,”black law” and “man made law” . I was going through the statements issued by minority organizations (centre for legal aid assistance ) that “We have no words to describe the shock and horror caused by the assassination of Sulman taseer after his opposition to the controversial blasphemy law” and the other statement . “ We salute Taseer for taking bold steps without any fear to highlight the innocence of Asia Bibi and acknowledge that he was assassinated for protecting the guiltless woman “

Now I want to ask something . If minorities have rights ,then on the same side do they have to fullfil some customs and duties? In what aspect does the blasphemy law became a controversial law.295-c of Pakistan Penal code says that anyone who is convicted of blasphemy shall be sentenced to death.If someone respect other’s belief than what can possibly go wrong?I agree that this law is misused but is there any law which didn’t have loopholes ? Second statement declared Asia bibi innocent .Now I think this is contempt of court because she was declared guilty from SHARIA COURTS.Sulman Taseer done the same thing.He should’ve been a bit of careful when giving such statements.He was the constitutional head of the largest province of Pakistan . There is a difference between statement made by a common man and a statement made by government office holder . An office bearer shouldn’t make such statements which hurts the sentiments of public.His statemenets were tantamount to defy the law and Islamic injuctions . Now to overcome this crisis our Ulema as well as our politicians have to play their role because this is not the right time to gain political mileage.And our politicians too should introduce such legislation which can stop the misuse of this law without amend 295-c.And our ulema should come forward and without any ambiguity solve this problem and explain the degree of intolerance we should keep and clearify which one to Extoll Sulman Taseer or Mumtaz Qadri???.At the last I am going to coat a statement of ILLAMA IQBAL.he said

“MUSALMAN K DIL SE ISHQ-E-MUHAMMADI NIKAL DO TO PEECHAY KUCH NAHI BACHTA”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khanbaba512 For This Useful Post:
Asif Amin (Wednesday, January 12, 2011), Mehria (Saturday, January 08, 2011), most wanted (Monday, January 17, 2011)
Closed Thread