Tuesday, May 07, 2024
11:41 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, February 21, 2011

Naeny Khan is on a distinguished road
Default Search of an ideal mode of governance for Pakistan,,,To be Continued…….

Since last four-five years, i am trying to study the different mode of governance in general and its feasilbilty for the Muslim World and Pakistan in particular.... the factors and actual incidents that provoked my thinking upon the matter are the late years of Pervez Musharaff's regime and his personally designed public policies. The alingment to US on War on Terror, major shift in foreign policy after math of 9/11, allowing the Non Mulsim Foreign troops to use the soil of a Muslim State(Pakistan) for the Agression against the Muslim State( Afghanistan), Ideological shift in the minds of Pakistan's top brass leadership from jihad towards the enlighted moderation and in teh context of fight against the so called islamic fundamentalist who were once recognized as the jihadis and holy warriors by the laedership of our own country, and most important of all the LAL Masjid incident......
It make me think deeply at the helpless condition of teh whole nation.... Tens of hundreds of innocent students were killed in the name of extremism,,,,,,
in teh name of moderation,
in the name of liberalism???
Is this what our ancestors have dreamed of an Independent Sovereign State of Pakistan based on the lines of Islamic principles???
Is this how the Islamic State is supposed to treat its citizens over the religious matters???
And then, i turn to be an Anti Autocractic person....
To me , the only person, who could be held responsible for the massacre of innocent students was A Military Dictator with a stick in his hand for ruling and dictating the country.... that was the time, i started inspiring for a democratic governemnt, the true representative of the people ......
that was the time when the anti americanism, anti autocratic government, and anti secularism drives me towards the love for democratic Government, the Govt elected by the ppl, the Govt representing the will of the ppl and the Govt accountable to the ppl for its moves and policies......

That was the time, when the concept of political accountability appealed me and I start believing that if a democratic government were sitting in place of existing military setup, the scenario would have been different. I start believing that if the Benazir Bhutto or Nawaz Sharif ( no matter how much they proved to be in efficient or corrupt) were in place of General Musharaff, tehy would not taken such a major foreign policy shift over a night. The fear of political accountability would make them dare not to formulate public policy against public opinion. Since the time, I have been the defender of democracy, the supporter of democracy. I used to advocate democracy during political discussions with my class fellows and family members. I used to write the merits and fruits of democracy for the broader national and public interest. and that was under the influence of same spirit that i wrote an article by the title of " ISLAM AND DEMOCRACY, A CONCEPT OF THEO DEMOCRACY". I also did one of my comprehensive university assignment on, " LEADERSHIP IN PAKISTAN, THE MUSICAL CHAIR BETWEEN DEMOCRACY AND AUTOCRACY"
But now, after more than three years of the democratic setup installed in Islamabad, and the way they are running state affairs compel me to give a thought to my initial love and inspiration for democracy....

It’s a fact that these leaders are into the power corridors through a proper electoral process, as the representatives of the masses but the quest arises, what the general public is getting out of this democracy???
Quality of service delivery and public policies of this so called "AWAMI AND JAMHORI HAKOMAT" is same as that of previous military regime if not worsened. They are playing the game of power politics, horse trading, number game, hypocrisy and leg pulling inside the house, rather than focusing on the actual issues that need to be addressed.
This make me so much confused to decide the most suitable mode of governance for Pakistan, and am still studying and searching out for the best one......
The Following User Says Thank You to Naeny Khan For This Useful Post:
mjkhan (Saturday, March 12, 2011)
Old Saturday, March 12, 2011

mtariqafridi@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Well thats good piece of writing.It is difficult to choose suitable mod of governance for Pakistan because in pakistan multicultural ppl are living and it is very much difficult to see all the ppl on same platforum.Since pakistan came into being in the Name of Religion that is ISLAM....Therefore it is not difficult to implement Sharia Law in the country for execution of the country.Majority of ppl do have religious passion and they can easily accept the changes for this mod of governance.As compared to past multiple events,one can easily guess that a Pakistani nation can do anything in the name of religion,so a true and its origional form of sharia can make pakistan an ideal state otherwise democracy etc are just dreams which can not be achieved in............
Old Thursday, March 17, 2011

Naeny Khan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtariqafridi@yahoo.com View Post
Well thats good piece of writing.It is difficult to choose suitable mod of governance for Pakistan because in pakistan multicultural ppl are living and it is very much difficult to see all the ppl on same platforum.Since pakistan came into being in the Name of Religion that is ISLAM....Therefore it is not difficult to implement Sharia Law in the country for execution of the country.Majority of ppl do have religious passion and they can easily accept the changes for this mod of governance.As compared to past multiple events,one can easily guess that a Pakistani nation can do anything in the name of religion,so a true and its origional form of sharia can make pakistan an ideal state otherwise democracy etc are just dreams which can not be achieved in............
my article on the issue of heaterogenity in pakistan...

"""what's wrong with our people?????????

Diversity of the demographic always promotes the culture of tolerance and liberalism in people across the globe, but the same phenomenon turn to be opposite when it comes to the matter of Metropolitan Karachi…..
Karachi is a city with people hailing from different backgrounds, with three major ethnic groups the Pushtoons, Urdu Speaking and Sindhis…. If we look across the globe, the heterogeneity and multiculturalism always makes the population more liberal and tolerating towards each other.. We have the example of Western Developed cities where one can easily find a heterogeneous mix of people with racial, religious, national, linguistic, ethnic differences with each other under one roof living with peace and harmony…
A Question often comes to my mind that why didn’t it works in our place… why are ethnic identities more important to us than the national integrity and religious affiliation to a single faith?????
I do agree that with one of the conspiracy theory that there are some big stakeholders who are behind the triggering of all such incidents (we witnessed a couple of weeks before), yes, there are people at the top level who are taking advantage of this segregation among ethnic groups filled with bitter hostilities towards each other. But at the end of the day, the Pakistani people as a nation are equally to be blamed for all the mess, we make things easy for conspirators and they didn’t effort that much harder to acted upon their evil agendas…
living in Khyber pukhtunkhwa, being a pathan we are well known wid dis pshyche of our own ppl, even our own families, proud of ethnic identies,,, wid superiority complex,,, luking down upon the non pathans,, considering them as lesser GHERAT MAND ppl and all dat..... the same goes for other cultural group, expressing contempt towards pathan , labeling them as conservative extremist and fundamentalists…. This is a very common exercise practiced in streets of Pakistan.....
Why can’t we behave like a single nation bound with the patriotic sentiments of Pakistaniyat and religious ties?????? We need to end these racial differences and for the purpose, need to change our thinking….."""