Sunday, April 28, 2024
08:37 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, March 17, 2011
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Excuse me! REVOLUTION?

the rhetoric of Revolution has become a talk of the town nowadays in Pakistan. but i hv not been able to understand that what is the agenda and course of action that is to be followed in bringing about a Revolution.and the revolution is directed against whom and what is going to be the post-Revolution scenario?

Plz friends enlighten me !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to fromQAU For This Useful Post:
Shooting Star (Thursday, March 17, 2011)

Thanked 1,074 Times in 471 Posts
Ali Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to behold
Default Revolution is not in sight...!

In modern world, when we use the word revolution, we turned towards French Revolution, Rusian/Communist Revolution, Iranian Revolution and most current are Tunisian and Egyptian revolutions or we can say that Mid East revolution. These all revolutions have one thing common, unity as a nation. French are living in France, Russian in Russia, Tunasian in Tunis, Egyptian in Egypt But.....

In the case of Pakistan the scnario is different. Here is a plethora of divisions. Regional, ethnic, religious and many more divisions. Simply in Pakistan people are not mere Pakistanis, they are Punjabis, Sindhies, Pashtons, Balouchies, Snnies, Shias, Muhajirs, Urdu speakings and now moderate and fundamentals. This is extremely painful but real.
Miss khoso (Thursday, March 17, 2011)

MBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura about

Revolution; myth!

Some politicians from opposition and some independents are talking about revolution, what they need actually is, a chance to rule and fill their pockets! They know the fact that they can't get any seat in provincial or national assembly by winning from a strong feudal or tycoon.

Let's not get stupid over such things, be focus with your aim, we will talk about revolution when some worthy person will lead us.
( I don't wanna be over smart , warna hum bhi achy khaasy leader hain :P )

Regards,
Avenger (Thursday, March 17, 2011)

aariz is just really niceaariz is just really niceaariz is just really niceaariz is just really nice

i dont remember the name of the philosopher who once said that the best form of unity of nation is a REVOLUTION. My question is: are we united? Unfortunately, we havent been a nation; we just got a homeland and still in the seek of nation.
The world" revolution" will be a hollow slogan in the up coming general elections, but nothing will happen.
What made Hosni to say good bye to presidency and why Qadafi is still in the power? Simply, the Egyptians got united and the Libyans are still divided in different tribal states.
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

Thumbs up

very interesting reponses.i appreciate ur remarks.

but yar then what the hell is this that these nonsense demagogue politicians use the term "Revolution" to to justify their vendetta against current govt??
and y people like Altaf bhai indicate military interventions frequently.hmmm???

don't u all think that it was Pakistan that initiated the Revolutionary movements across the Middle East when Pervaiz Musharraf was compelled by mass campaign to resign and hand over the reins of power to the democratically elected govts.hmmm????

i think that the process of democratization has really started in our country and the people hv started to differentiate between good and bad rulers and gradually, in a course of a decade or two, we wud really be enjoying the real fruits of Democracy. to my little knowledge, Democracy comes thru Evolution not Revolution.do u people agree???
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

There are many reasons for why a revolution should come but It will NEVER came, not at least in our lifetimes in Pakistan Because, sorry to say but people of pakistan are worried more about their personal problems rather than country problems .. Also, Again very sorry to say but the current pakistani nation has no courage to go for something like this .. We like to be slaves, and we will be slaves (first of the britishers now of our own ppl) but we will never get the courage to do something for a change .. I am NOT blaming anyone, first I'll start from myself and take my name that I won't do anything and then the rest follows me .. trust me, Spit on my face if you see a revolution in pakistan .. that's never going to happen

Kamran Ahmed is on a distinguished road

What kind of revolution you people want? Democratic, Islamic, Seperation of provinces, or what? Everybody is talking about these three revolutions and what are you talking about?

Mazharali is on a distinguished road
Post Revolution or change of faces

Let me say and let me clear that there is no any kind of revolution in middle east and everywhere but conspiracy and change of faces only. No one is benefitted by the revolution except those powers which are behind to destabilize the unity and common interests of Muslim block or Muslim World. Even we Muslims are not unite, likewise Pakistan every (state) has its own agenda to exploite their resources. In these dire situations many opportunists come out to fields to be hero of masses in the havoc mark of revolution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazharali For This Useful Post:
fromQAU (Thursday, March 17, 2011), Shooting Star (Friday, March 18, 2011)
40th CTP (OMG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran Ahmed View Post
What kind of revolution you people want? Democratic, Islamic, Seperation of provinces, or what? Everybody is talking about these three revolutions and what are you talking about?

plz go through the whole thread.
don't jump in without looking into what we r talking about!
Old Saturday, March 19, 2011
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough

Revolution means different things to various people. To some it may signify a relatively quiet agrarian/industrial/economic revolution. But to most upholders, it necessarily drags in initial havoc, mayhem and violence.

However, a complete rounding up of social/economic/political disparities requires the latter. A 'peaceful' one through reforms has 2 conditions:

1. The leadership should already be sufficiently honest to bring about the reforms needed in those sectors. But if this is so- then the country doesnt have cumbersome problems to begin with. This, is NOT true for Pakistan, where EVERYONE is corrupt to the bone and institutions need massive reshuffling.

2. The country must NOT be controlled viciously by vested interests for independent policy-making to occur. This too, is absent in Pakistan from within and outside.

The only other sad but vital alternative is a revolution that hits the corrupt with a vengeance. Spite for injustice and the desire to fight back is only ingrained in human nature so it is probable. Justice does demand the punishment of the the corrupt, so why not mete it out?

Political drag queens like Altaf Hussein have no right to talk about revolution for a country they havent even visited in 20 years. Sure others like Khomeini didnt either, but that was not self-imposed. I once heard Ansar Burney's son talk when he said, "Yeh log itna shor machaate hain ke hum exile mai hain, humne takleefein jheli- aisa exile to humain bhi mile, ke naa bijli ka rona hai, na corruption ka, na suicide bomings ka dar, balke araam se din guzarte hain qaum ke loote hue paison se".

In fact it is highly dangerous if we allow people like him to lead a revolution. What will follow is a reign of terror not directed at the corrupt- but towards all political opponents, even the good ones. How can a party lead a national revolution that has backed its existence in the past, through a ethnic/linguistic divide and continues to do so today albeit much covertly! It calls on the military to take give birth to a revolution but the fact is that upper echelons of military are also corrupt- only their lower cadres can successfully conduct it and then again public support is also required.

I am going to be very vocal about the next one much to the distaste of many who read this. Benazir Bhutto's death is not to be rejoiced about. Its sad when a person is corrupt and sadder when she is killed brutally owing to humanitarian principles. But the fact of the matter is- BB WAS CORRUPT WHEN SHE WAS ALIVE. She wasnt such a darling of the public for Godssakes. Pakistanis suffer from acute dementia and schizophrenia. We subscribe to a very mutilated form of 'forget and forgive' syndrome. And a revolution should fix just that tendency.

Somebody here said that a revolution in Pakistan doesnt sound right because we have a segregated society and that elsewhere this wasnt the case. Not true. Divisions are 'created', they are not natural to man for the most part. In France there were differences between catholics and protestants and then seculars. In Northern African countries where the rebellion has hit, there are substantial numbers of French, Italian and then Shia/Sunnis. Russian demographics couldnt be more diverse encompassing Muslims, orthodox christians, jews and then Kurds, Turkics, Slavs, Hungarians, Greeks, Armenians, Poles, Inuits- you get the point. So differences will always be there, a righteous revolution needs to put these under check too. The basis of it should be carefully selected catering to that particular area. In Pakistan, a religious one will wreck havoc due to non-homogeneity of beliefs. Hence we will have to select a unifying factor, and in Pakistan everyone is HUNGRY and DEPRIVED. So use that to gather interests. It will have to be a economic/social revolution. However, it shouldnt be devoid of religious flavor either although that should be introduced at a later stage because that too unites us in a way.

Now for all purposes, Pakistani politicians, civil and military bureaucracy dont want such a revolution. Although they like talking about it probably oblivious to its repercussions for them or maybe they want to be able to hijack it so it doesnt harm them in the long run and the coffers keep filling.

If we wait for an evolutionary change to occur, it can take decades and Pakistan is quickly running out of time for various reasons- the vested interests will NEVER allow us to grow in the meantime and will keep us busy in our issues. Secondly, who exactly is going to bring in the evolution? Any idea about that? No matter how aware the public gets, it cant do zilch if the elite is too powerful and doesnt allow them a due share. So when it realizes the futility, the public WILL fight back by violent storming. So the result will again, sooner or later, be a revolution not an evolution. Evolution is what takes place after a revolution. It was only after the Big Bang that the universe began building up. Its useless trying to avoid a revolution when history demonstrates the complete opposite because no nation has ever been immune to it. We will have to first pick up the mess that the baby made and then discipline him.