Sunday, April 28, 2024
09:29 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, March 31, 2011

Arfinite Leghari is on a distinguished road

Few days ago a close relative told me about his friend who is belonged to very moderate family when joined Pakistan Audit & Account Services few years ago. After training he served in Railway Accounts and Army accounts services for few years each and now he has his own business in one English speaking country run by his brother opened with more than 60 Million Rupees. He frequently visits that English speaking country to take care his business & his brother who is on business visa received nationality of that country. He also lives a lavish life in Pakistan with flats and cars in important cities

Debate is how we may prosper in Pakistan if the financial corruption is on a high level. A 17 or 18 Grade officer has the power of do this wonder than officers above grade level in Accounts and Audit can do big wonders we may not imagine.

I ask this question from seniors that who will going to care my country????

Sincerely
Arfiin

Seniors plz comment on my posting. I was reading a article which mention that white collar financial corruption in finance dealing related institutions like banks, CBR, Income tax and accounts department is very high and hidden. Other so far corrupt departments are only defame but actual corruption goes in above departments. MY first posting is example that corruption is very high in Accounts & audit.

Comments on how to stop it or we will be on doors of IMF and World bank all the time?

Last edited by Umer; Thursday, April 07, 2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Chain Posts..!!
Old Monday, April 04, 2011
34th Commons (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Account and Audit

Nauman will become famous soon enoughNauman will become famous soon enough

I do not know how credible your source is, but being a PA&AS officer, I know that corruption of this magnitude is impossible by even a grade 20 officer of PA&AS.

Please do not believe everything that people say.

Barhaa b kuch dete hein zeb-e-dastaan k liye

Our department has an elaborate system of monitoring and inspection, and corrupt people are frequently briught to justice.

However, I agree with your opinion that white-collar corruption mostly goes unnoticed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nauman For This Useful Post:
Arfinite Leghari (Monday, April 04, 2011)

Arfinite Leghari is on a distinguished road

Thanx for reply. This is 100% confirm that he made money after clearing CSS. Few months before he got international Scholarship for MBA or other qualification for foreign country provided by Pakistan Audit Account department and now he is plaaning to go to same country for education in which he has his big business.

Main thing is not discussing this person but expose the white collar financial corruption of people working in PAAS, Income Tax, Customs and others.

MBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura about

Dear Leghari Sb,

Its very easy to point fingers on a CSP for me but as for as I know some in my circle (far relatives, mutual friends, social circle) there are some mediocre people who are enjoying average life after joining the prestigious civil service.

One is in PA&AS in 18 grade, having motorcycle as his only conveyance and living in small flat in Karachi, other in Income Tax has the same standard of life. A DMG of 19 grade is also living an average life, enjoying government vehicles, good postings, superb contacts with higher-ups but no show of money as of now, another BS-20 PSP is living a simple life too, a small house in Karachi, with a low profile personal car, though he has good government vehicles and security. (They all belong to one circle, far relatives cum cousins of my Father and I know them personally)

While two fellows from PSP and Customs have made millions so far in 15 years career, petrol-cng pumps, millions invested in real estate :

It depends, smart and greedy people can make millions even billions, my uncle (taya) served into civil service and took retirement in BS-21, he bought two houses in Islamabad 20 years ago, and now those two houses worth more than 150 million, he never did corruption of single rupee, and he bought those two houses by paying monthly installments.

Regards,

Last edited by MBA; Monday, April 04, 2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Space
Old Thursday, April 07, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

I dont know what is the magnitude of corruption, but yes its true that there are many avenues for corruption. I have first hand knowledge of PAAS Officers posted in military accounts, a very fine fellow and pure soul like us and a damn dirty man making lot of money.. Similarly know many good and bad fellows in other occuptional groups one who are pure and others who tend to make money, magnitude of money making can be low or high but they do..... Anyways, to cut the story short, yes they can, even after emplacement of many monitoring systems ..

As far as the question, who is to mend the system. I am an ardent believer of this idea that nobody from foreign lands will come to save our country, but we all have to make it right and the best people who can try to make drastic changes are civil servants... ...
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

I am not sure about the magnitude of corruption in Audit & Account Group done by the "prestigious CSP" but what i know is that i have to pay a "fee" for every check issued by the AGPR, Sub office, Lahore.
I also know the "DRAMA" they do in government offices every year on the name of Audit. If you provide them with healthy food, official vehicles and fulfill their other requirements, all your account is cleared without any objection otherwise lot of objections.

So you can imagine the the opportunties available in this group of CSP.
Muhammad T S Awan (Thursday, April 07, 2011)
34th Commons (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Account and Audit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
I am not sure about the magnitude of corruption in Audit & Account Group done by the "prestigious CSP" but what i know is that i have to pay a "fee" for every check issued by the AGPR, Sub office, Lahore.
I also know the "DRAMA" they do in government offices every year on the name of Audit. If you provide them with healthy food, official vehicles and fulfill their other requirements, all your account is cleared without any objection otherwise lot of objections.

So you can imagine the the opportunties available in this group of CSP.
Those who get 50 or 100 Rs. per cheque are not CSS Officers. And secondly, those who demand good lunch while on audit are not CSS officers either. They are rankers, 99% of times.

And even if they are CSS officers, they can not amass as much property as has been told in the first post of this topic.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

@ Nouman

I know they are rankers but they work under the control of CSPs who are unable to control them inspite of all their education, training and powers. For an outsider, the illegal money goes to AG Office weather CSPs or rankers sitting there. So the victim will call all of them corrupt.
Old Friday, April 08, 2011
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauman View Post
I do not know how credible your source is, but being a PA&AS officer, I know that corruption of this magnitude is impossible by even a grade 20 officer of PA&AS.
First of all, If I sound harsh, kindly forgive me as it is not my intentions to hurt you or something but I just have to say something here..

This is only what you think based on your experience and/or thoughts. Facts are completely contradicting your statements, Just because you do not know methods of corruption or are not given a chance because of your alleged honesty does not mean there is no corruption of such big scale. You, can also be one of those corrupt officers (I don't mean to say you are, neither do I have any proof) but I'm just saying what can be the possibilities.

Quote:
Please do not believe everything that people say.
Very good. Then, why do you want us to believe you when you say corruption on such big scale cannot be conducted by PAAS officers?

Quote:
Barhaa b kuch dete hein zeb-e-dastaan k liye
I see.

Quote:
Our department has an elaborate system of monitoring and inspection, and corrupt people are frequently briught to justice.
I don't think so. Monitoring system means more and more corruption in such a corrupt system. If "x" gathers proofs against you while monitoring you and if the amount is huge "x" will strike a deal with you instead of taking action against you.

Quote:
However, I agree with your opinion that white-collar corruption mostly goes unnoticed.
not "unnoticed" but people rather follow Gandhi's policy here "Na bura dekho, na bura suno, na bura kaho" lol. And this benefits everyone, sad but true :/
Old Friday, April 08, 2011
34th Commons (PAAS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
@ Nouman

I know they are rankers but they work under the control of CSPs who are unable to control them inspite of all their education, training and powers. For an outsider, the illegal money goes to AG Office weather CSPs or rankers sitting there. So the victim will call all of them corrupt.
I quite agree. But, can a DCO control his patwaris? Can a SSP control his SHOs?

Answer is NO. I am not justifying any wrong act of my own department or others' departments. But ground realities are different from idealism on internet.

Things can be improved, but for that society has to improve as a whole. If a person offers someone in AG office a small amount of money for overlooking some missing documents necessary for making payments, then he is also to be equally blamed. A Hadith says, "Rishwat deney wala or leney wala dono jahannumi hein"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt View Post
First of all, If I sound harsh, kindly forgive me as it is not my intentions to hurt you or something but I just have to say something here..
This is only what you think based on your experience and/or thoughts. Facts are completely contradicting your statements, Just because you do not know methods of corruption or are not given a chance because of your alleged honesty does not mean there is no corruption of such big scale. You, can also be one of those corrupt officers (I don't mean to say you are, neither do I have any proof) but I'm just saying what can be the possibilities.
Are you in PA&AS? If not, then I am in a better position to know and comment on things related to PA&AS.

Quote:
Very good. Then, why do you want us to believe you when you say corruption on such big scale cannot be conducted by PAAS officers?
You have the right not to believe me. But try to get independent opinion on what I said.

Quote:
I see.
I don't think so. Monitoring system means more and more corruption in such a corrupt system. If "x" gathers proofs against you while monitoring you and if the amount is huge "x" will strike a deal with you instead of taking action against you.
Nothing could be closer to pessimism. If you have the opinion that everyone is a thief, then perhaps this world is not treating you well.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Friday, April 08, 2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: BBC code