Tuesday, May 21, 2024
12:55 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, April 03, 2011

nafees khattak is on a distinguished road
Default Encounter(DAWN) to be discontinued from now onward...

AOA,
I am the regular reader of Dawn, and the section Encounter of the sunday issue is the one i like in particular. I wait passionately for sunday, the reason is Encounter section. As it cover important current and other issues,which i have found very important from Css point of view.The writers are of national and international repute having a lot of experience in its fields.Izzud-Din Pal, Karamatjllah K.Ghori and Hussain H.Zaidi are to mention few. Now i have to ask what other sources i can explore to find the materials of the said analysts and writer.
The Following User Says Thank You to nafees khattak For This Useful Post:
rose_pak (Sunday, April 03, 2011)
Old Sunday, April 03, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 176Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

rose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafees khattak View Post
AOA,
I am the regular reader of Dawn, and the section Encounter of the sunday issue is the one i like in particular. I wait passionately for sunday, the reason is Encounter section. As it cover important current and other issues,which i have found very important from Css point of view.The writers are of national and international repute having a lot of experience in its fields.Izzud-Din Pal, Karamatjllah K.Ghori and Hussain H.Zaidi are to mention few. Now i have to ask what other sources i can explore to find the materials of the said analysts and writer.
Dear Nafees

you have rightly taken up the issue. encounter page is very important and popular among intellegensia. I am unable to understand why the dawn management is shutting it down, regardless to say that this action would decrease the readership of the newspaper. It is not clear at the moment whether the management has decided to close the section or wanting to replace is with some new innovation; the things would be clearer by next sunday morning. However I strongly feel the need of writing letters to the dawn management urging it not to shun the encounter page.
The Following User Says Thank You to rose_pak For This Useful Post:
nafees khattak (Sunday, April 03, 2011)
Old Tuesday, April 05, 2011

aariz is just really niceaariz is just really niceaariz is just really niceaariz is just really nice

The encounter page will come up with new name and some additions, I guess. And the informative page mite be added with the sunday magazine.
rose_pak (Wednesday, April 06, 2011)
Old Thursday, April 21, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 176Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

rose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the rough
Smile Closure of Encounter page and how to fill the gap?

Is there anybody who knows why the dawn management has closed encounter and world in focus page?

Don't you think, by closing dowin these pages, the dawn has infact made the readers loose important articles?

and most importantly, how can we fill the gap created by closure of encounter?
Old Thursday, April 21, 2011

FarazAli is on a distinguished road

I also wonder why the dawn has discontinued these pages!Yes indeed the readers ve lost important articles. At the same time the dawn ll also lose many readers which,in turn,ll reduce sales/profits for the owners of the dawn.

I think we should now consider switching to another newspaper as this newspaper appears no longer useful.
Old Friday, April 22, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)

Smile

Yes Faraz, the dawn management may get loss from this action however they definitly would have taken some tests or cost benifit analysis prior to the decision. I think we all should write letters to dawn.