Sunday, April 28, 2024
08:28 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, May 21, 2007

umair saeed is on a distinguished road
Default i hope that you will help me(on topic clash of civilization)

Assalam o Alaikum
dears
firstly iam thankful to you that you want to help me. actually i have to submit the report on the topic clashes of civilization .if you can make the outline please help me in making the out line and also provide me link to geather the information .i also wants your comments on this topic.
ok byeeeeeee.
Old Monday, May 21, 2007

i am thankful to you
Old Monday, May 21, 2007

i am thank ful to you.
Old Monday, May 21, 2007

Enigmatic is on a distinguished road

umair you better read article by Sameul P.Huntington Clashes of civilizations which he wrote in 2004 (i guess) link for it is

http://www.historyorb.com/world/clas...izations.shtml

and if you need more notes then buddy Wikipedia encyclopedia is the answer to all of your queries. im sure both will prove to be extremely helpfull for your assignment

good luck
Old Monday, May 21, 2007

mindless-genius is an unknown quantity at this point

@Umair
Divide and rule has been the instrument to rule nations.Divisions of the world between North and South,Developed , non-developed, least developed and developing countries has been very effective.One of the effects of globalization is that the people of various nationalities and idealogies have come closer.Its inevitable implication is,better understanding of one another.
So, the assertion that the civilizations will clash, seems outlandish.

Such theory was necessary from the western think-tanks as Islam is the fastest growing religion in the western countries.Such theory is advantagious to show islam as an outdated and conflicting religion so that people see it as an enemy at a clash with the modern civilization.You can guage this by studying this theory as continuation of attempts to malign islam and show it as the militant civilization.The concept of Islamic terrorism is related to this theory.

The world is becoming aware of the exploitation by the corporate sector and multi-nationals.The west has never believed in the concept of the third world as it represents some kind of bloc against the economic colonialism.So, to fade this concept , the division of such nations on the basis of civilizations , was must.

An ex- American president once said that it is necessary to create a sense of fear among the nation , of some threat to their national existence.So, the concept of such clash after the fall of communism was necessary.At one end , it justified their huge spendings on lethal weaponary to appease armament industrialists, who have representation in American senate , and secondly, it has made largely diverse, economically and racially, american nation to remain cohesive.

Taking EU as an example, the countries of various regions, are considering to form regional ,economic and political, blocs.It will greatly endanger western monoply and hegemony in such regions.To mitigate such danger, the theory of such a clash was inevitable, to make these countries make doubtful about one another.You can see it in Pakistan ,India and China's case.

These are my views regarding this theory by Samuel P. Huntington.

Regards