Wednesday, May 15, 2024
07:49 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, May 12, 2012
The King of Castle™

Kamran Chaudhary has a spectacular aura aboutKamran Chaudhary has a spectacular aura about
Default Environmental Sanitation

Environmental sanitation is a set of actions geared towards improving the quality of the environment and reducing the amount of disease. By doing so, the hope is that living
conditions will improve and health problems will decrease. The management of water, solid waste,and industrial waste, as well as the topic of pollution and noise control,
all fall under the umbrella of environmental sanitation.

Sanitation:

"It is the public cleanliness involving community efforts in disease prevention, promoting hygiene and to keep public places free of wastes".

Solid waste is major constituent of environmental sanitation.As we see that every day, people throw away a large amount of garbage, which is usually referred to as solid waste. In many countries, some form of solid waste management system has
been put in place. Some common ways to dispose of the garbage include incarceration, which is the burning of waste, or landfills, which are places to store waste. In the
United States and Europe, both of these methods are commonly used to manage solid waste.
Shoper bags are big cause of pollution.We lack proper legislation for this.As far as I understand , there must be community awareness campaign for mobilization.Shoper bags must be banned.

Please come forward with useful suggestions.

Last edited by Shooting Star; Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran Chaudhary View Post
Environmental sanitation is a set of actions geared towards improving the quality of the environment and reducing the amount of disease. By doing so, the hope is that living
conditions will improve and health problems will decrease. The management of water, solid waste,and industrial waste, as well as the topic of pollution and noise control,
all fall under the umbrella of environmental sanitation.

Sanitation:

"It is the public cleanliness involving community efforts in disease prevention, promoting hygiene and to keep public places free of wastes".

Solid waste is major constituent of environmental sanitation.As we see that every day, people throw away a large amount of garbage, which is usually referred to as solid waste. In many countries, some form of solid waste management system has
been put in place. Some common ways to dispose of the garbage include incarceration, which is the burning of waste, or landfills, which are places to store waste. In the
United States and Europe, both of these methods are commonly used to manage solid waste.
Shoper bags are big cause of pollution.We lack proper legislation for this.As far as I understand , there must be community awareness campaign for mobilization.Shoper bags must be banned.

Please come forward with useful suggestions.
Good thread Kamran !

The thing which irritates me the most is "spitting" on public places.It spreads germs and people don't bother that they are spreading diseases.If I say they do so because there are no dust bins available then it's wrong.Because in spite of presence of dust bins,people are fond of spitting on roads.

Last month,one of my students told me that while she was coming to college,someone stained her clothes with "paan ki peek"( though unintentionally).It's so pathetic that he didn't manage a dustbin or a shopper.

Such issues are individual but they affect country on the whole.Thousands of dustbins can't do anything if people are not ready to use them.

School and college girls/boys specifically don't bother to throw wrappers of junk food in dustbins.They not only make institutions unclean but also roads,streets and markets.

Once I asked a girl to put wrapper in her bag as there wasn't any basket.She argued with me and said," meray aik wrapper se kon sa sara Pakistan ganda ho jana hai".I replied,"Everyone has same thinking which is the root cause of this uncleanliness"

I think we should restrain ourselves first from doing such filthy acts.Then we should ask our fellows and family.It's kind of awareness program.Each can provoke others to adopt the positive steps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
Kamran Chaudhary (Saturday, May 12, 2012)
The King of Castle™

Kamran Chaudhary has a spectacular aura aboutKamran Chaudhary has a spectacular aura about

The General Assembly Resolution dated 4th December 2006 had declared 2008 as the International Year of Sanitation with the overall objective of acclerating progress on sanitation to help save lives and foster economic and social development.
The specific objectives were:

» Increased awareness and commitment from actors at all levels on the importance of reaching sanitation Millennium Development Goals(MDGs).

» Mobilize the govt.existing financial institutions, private sector and UN agencies.

» To promote sanitation coverage.

» Develop and strengthen the institutional and human capacity via recognition at all levels that progress in sanitation towards MDGs.

» Enhance the sustainability and effectiveness of available sanitation solution.
But unfortunately In Pakistan we are not properly complying the objectives of said resolution.
To achieve the desired outcomes there is need of social mobilization as well legislation.Community awareness campaigns in educational institutions must be started.
One day, each year,should be declared as international day of sanitation.
Super Moderator
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,041 Posts
Amna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud of

As environmental sanitation includes not only the garbage or waste management, it included water management, Solid waste management, Industrial waste management, Air Pollution and Noise Control. Among other things, I want to mention the noise pollution.

we have noticed that at signal or traffic jam, we put our hand on horns and forget; produces irritating and excessive noise in the environment. Sometime this little act cause anxiety attacks and lead to distractions, which can lead to accidents and other potentially hazardous situations. I personally noticed many embarrassing situations due to this little act converting into big fights.

Similarly listening music in high nodes in the vehicles or at public places, not only disturb the surrounding, produces noise pollution and negatively affect the environment. If anyone try request us, instead of admitting our mistake, we start arguing and become great advocate of freedom. Our such activities potentially effects person’ abilities: mental and physical fatigue, lungs and heart attacks and of course the environment. If we play our role positively and restrain ourselves from nasty activities, our little contribution definitely helps.
Kamran Chaudhary (Saturday, May 12, 2012)
Old Monday, May 14, 2012
The King of Castle™

Shoper bags are main cause of blockage of sewerage lines.This blockage not only contaminates the environment but also put burden on economy for repairing of those lines.
In my village main sewerage lines are overflowing just because of these shoper bags.Water is flowing in streets.This polluted water is factory of diseases and breeding place of mosquitos.
What are the possible solutions for this issue?
Old Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

پاکستان میں کچرے کو ٹھکانے لگانے کے غیر مناسب طریقہ کار سے صحت عامہ اور ماحول کو لاحق خطرات پر ماہرین تشویش کا اظہار کررہے ہیں۔
ماحولیات کے تحفظ سے متعلق قومی ادارے ’پاک - ای پی اے‘ کے سربراہ آصف شجاع نے بتایا کہ پاکستان میں ہر روز تقریباً 90 ہزار ٹن استعمال شدہ ٹھوس اشیاء کچرے کی نذر ہوتی ہیں اور بلدیاتی ادارے اس کا صرف 56 فیصد حصہ اکٹھا کرکے مخصوص مقامات پر منتقل کرتے ہیں۔
لیکن اُنھوں نے کہا کہ اکٹھا کیے گئے کچرے کو بھی مناسب طور پر ٹھکانے لگانے کا طریقہ کار موجود نہیں جو انتہائی تشویش ناک امر ہے۔
’’اس میں تقریباً 250,000 ٹن سالانہ اسپتالوں کا فضلہ ہوتا ہے، اور اس کا 20 فیصد انتہائی خطرناک بیماریوں کے پھیلاؤ کا سبب بنے کی صلاحیت رکھتا ہے، جس کے لیے ہم اقدامات کر رہے ہیں، incinerator وغیرہ لگانے کے لیے کیوں کہ اس کو عام کچرے میں شامل کیا جا رہا ہے جو انتہائی خطر ناک ہے۔‘‘
آصف شجاع کے بقول جب سے ماحولیاتی تحفظ سے متعلق ’سی ڈی ایم‘ نامی بین الاقوامی مہم کا آغاز ہوا ہے اور لوگوں کو معلوم ہوا ہے کہ توانائی کے حصول کے لیے کچرے کو ایندھن کے طور پر بھی استعمال کیا جا سکتا ہے تو پاکستان میں بعض سیمنٹ فکٹریوں نے اس کا سود مند استعمال شروع کر دیا ہے۔
’’ہم سمجھتے ہیں کہ مستقبل میں، کیوں کہ یہ صوبائی معاملہ ہے، تو لوگ فضلے سے توانائی کے حصول کی جانب متوجہ ہوں گے۔ اس طریقہ کار میں ایک طرح کا مفت ایندھن مل جاتا ہے اور کاربن کریڈٹ بھی مل جاتے ہیں جس سے آمدن بھی ہو جاتی ہے۔‘‘
اُنھوں نے بتایا کہ لاہور میں ایک نجی کمپنی نے ٹھوس کچرے کو مواد کی بنیاد پر چھانٹنے اور اس میں سے قابل استعمال اشیاء کو علیحدہ کرکے باقی ماندہ کچرے کو ایندھن کے طور پر استعمال کا کامیاب منصوبہ بھی شروع کر رکھا ہے۔
آصف شجاع نے اُمید ظاہر کی کہ مستقبل میں اس نوعیت کی کوششوں میں تیزی آئے گی۔

http://www.voanews.com/urdu/news/pak...152273335.html