CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Crisis of electric power productivity! (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/64997-crisis-electric-power-productivity.html)

Bushra Sabeen Wednesday, June 27, 2012 06:08 PM

Crisis of electric power productivity!

In the rule of X-PM Yousaf Raza gelani, for the low productivity and availability of electricity, government made a decision to go through work 5-day in a week, which one not effective.and now in Raja Parveez ashraf's rule (X manister of water and electricity) decision to go away with 5-day week.
is this the just solution of this crisis??????????:thinking what's your opinion???????

imbindas Wednesday, June 27, 2012 06:19 PM

Every second person I know is involved in tax theft, lavish use of power and resources, indulges in spreading ills from mental incarceration of others to environmental pollution. Almost every Pakistani has defaulted in one way or the other. FATA, PATA, Government of all the Provinces and the Federal Government, MCS,EME,FWO,etc.... are all defaulters of electricity bills. They(ordinary people) use stolen electricity to boil huge water tanks for routine use in my village and many rural areas, Yet we burn tires and break public property for restoration of order in the context of Power and resource.[B] No one, I repeat no one can solve this crisis for the next 20 years. Our kids will experience loadshedding, No khan, sharif, sayein, Gujar,mazari, Ameer or even a Field Marshal can stop it. [COLOR="Green"]Only you and I can but we wont cause we think that we cant.[/B][/COLOR]

alihashmatkhoso Wednesday, June 27, 2012 06:26 PM

it is quite clear that these types of decision aren't solution. actually politician are not serious in this issue they are just passing their time. their two types of solution which are short and long term solution.

Possible solution

1- Sole energy administration for regulation of energy sector should be formed
2- Energy conservation
3- Production of energy with renewable resources
• Wind
• Solar
4- Nuclear power plants
5- Construction of dams
• Basha dam
• And other dames
6-Exploitation of coal reserves
7- IPI gas pipeline
8- Electricity import from Iran:thinking

these are short term and long term solution of energy crisis

Hassan02 Wednesday, June 27, 2012 07:18 PM

Guys it's all about the money. Pakistan's installed capacity is sufficient to meet the country's needs, but we do not have enough money to run all power plants at full capacity.

First, the cost of electricity to the government is much higher than the cost to the consumer i.e. the government is subsidizing electricity. However, due to financial constraints, this is getting harder and harder as seen by the current power crisis.

The second (and more serious) problem is theft. According to a report by the ministry of finance, from[B] July 2011-May 2012, ONLY Rs 400.8 Billion were collected against a total bill of Rs 895 Billion! [/B]. February was the worst month in terms of collections with only 26 Billion collected against 100 Billion. ONLY 26%!

Now, can anyone expect anything less than 12 hour load shedding?

Bushra Sabeen Wednesday, June 27, 2012 08:32 PM

Ya you right.but we just discuss this important matter not to do any serious attempt to solve it....every home now purchase and consume oil to use generator and UPS....the amount which we spent on these items, not use to build solar panel which work on natural energy.means no extra wastage of money as in generator. and what's the reason that in our country,which has best conditions for the production of electricity from solar panels,technique is not popular??

Abdul Q Wednesday, June 27, 2012 09:26 PM

Solar Energy

[QUOTE=Bushra Sabeen;446816]Ya you right.but we just discuss this important matter not to do any serious attempt to solve it....every home now purchase and consume oil to use generator and UPS....the amount which we spent on these items, not use to build solar panel which work on natural energy.means no extra wastage of money as in generator. and what's the reason that in our country,which has best conditions for the production of electricity from solar panels,technique is not popular??[/QUOTE]

Followings are the limitations of use of Solar alternatives:
Weather,
Maintenance
Initial Investment
Theft.

In my opinion Coal reserves, and Hdro power projects should be completed because they are less expensive and environment friendly

Hassan02 Wednesday, June 27, 2012 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=Bushra Sabeen;446816]every home now purchase and consume oil to use generator and UPS....the amount which we spent on these items, not use to build solar panel which work on natural energy.means no extra wastage of money as in generator. and what's the reason that in our country,which has best conditions for the production of electricity from solar panels,technique is not popular??[/QUOTE]

Solar panels are pretty expensive and therefore out of the questions for most people. Also, large scale generation of electricity through solar power will require a hefty initial investment.

Pakistan does have ideal weather for use of solar power, but right now, I think our best bet is to concentrate on hydro and coal power projects.

Bushra Sabeen Wednesday, June 27, 2012 09:59 PM

[B]Solar panels are pretty expensive and therefore out of the questions for most people. Also, large scale generation of electricity through solar power will require a hefty initial investment. [/B]
But does the solar panels are more expensive then weekly or monthly fuel consumption on electricity produce by generators????

Hassan02 Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=Bushra Sabeen;446865][B]Solar panels are pretty expensive and therefore out of the questions for most people. Also, large scale generation of electricity through solar power will require a hefty initial investment. [/B]
[B]But does the solar panels are more expensive then weekly or monthly fuel consumption on electricity produce by generators????[/B][/QUOTE]

No, but nether are hydro power plants. Solar energy needs a lot more research before we can start using it. The fuel of the future though, I think will be Hydrogen.

assassin007 Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=Bushra Sabeen;446752]In the rule of X-PM Yousaf Raza gelani, for the low productivity and availability of electricity, government made a decision to go through work 5-day in a week, which one not effective.and now in Raja Parveez ashraf's rule (X manister of water and electricity) decision to go away with 5-day week.
is this the just solution of this crisis??????????:thinking what's your opinion???????[/QUOTE]
Electricity electricity and electricity. . . . :haha So let me take you to a ride the place where i live. . I live at daharki, district ghotki. Ghotki is sindh's highest revenue generating district. I hope you've heard of Engro, FFc, OGDCL, Liberty Power, Engro Energy and Mari Gas Company LTD. These are few of the companies working in ghotki and fueling the nation's economy. But ghotki itself lag behind in every perspective. . same load shedding, poor roads, law and order situation etc. Don't you think at least ghotki should be apart from all of these problems ?? because it's industrial hub of province and the country both. But no. . No one bothers to ponder over it. . Basically i live in Mari Gas Company Ltd and we are only people in pakistan living without load shedding. Because our organisation is generating electricity itself. . . Government proclaim that there is shortage of gas. . No there isn't. . i ve visited OGDCL and Sui and the people working over there says that we are having an immense pressure of Gas and even some times it is that much high that we even can't handle it so we have to release it to save our pipelines and plants. .. !! Mari gas is working in different parts of country and exploring both Gas and Oil. . and the success rate is over 90 % by the grace of Allah. But our government say there isn't anything left behind in our country. . wow. . Actually if our all problems will get solved then we won't be bothering will these filthy Mpa's and Mna's. . .And they definitely don't want to let it happen. . . They think that they will lose their fame that's why they don't want to do it. . May Allah guide them on the right path. . !!

01:24 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.