Monday, May 06, 2024
10:07 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, January 04, 2008

M ALI is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Pakistani Media (Suggestions Please!)

I just came back recently from Canada, decided for CSS 2008, with hardly two months time in my pocket but a lot of files stacked up high in my room...I thought the best course to start will be from the current affairs i.e. our enlightened or shall I say pesimistic newspapers!!
I thought journalism has a few responsibilities, one imparting current news with accuracy yet factual description of events without addition or subtraction as per the reporters wish par say!! second, influential editorials without using such vocabulary which the reader would require a dictionary in order to first rummage, then understand and then try to make sense of the whole lot of sentences (after all effective communication is about people understanding in their first reading), and third last but not the least keeping our ideology alive!
I am really disappointed because whenever in the morning I open the newspapers it is the same stuff.....Yes our country has a lot of cons but it is definately not without pros either...my question is why is our media embarassing us in front of the whole world?? every country has problems but our media is the first one to portray such a disastrous picture of Pakistan that foriegners are literally considering us as the most unpredictable, unsafe and dangerous country in the world.
By the way, when did we start putting flowers infront of pictures as a symbol of respect??(see pictures of children putting flowers and candles infront of everyone knows who) yes we had a national loss, but why forget our ideology?? was nt it an issue when children were supposed to pay regards in front of Gandhi's picture which later was described in every historic book of ours as a protest? now we see a huge change....why are we getting further and further from our ideology?
I am sorry, I do beleive that our media is really responsible to create such an image that we feel ashamed going abroad..not to mention even in TV and documentaries they are only exhibiting slums in Karachi or Lahore. I would request everyone to be optimistic, beleive in ourselves in Pakistan....in our leaders...yes it will take time to build our confidence but with due optimism I am positive it will happen.
I hope for the future of Pakistan but I do beleive we will get out of all Negative circumstances afterall we have been able to survive amidst all pressures in the past...
I do not know how far I will be successful in CSS but I can nly say that atleast I have tried to be part of this system therefore I ave a right to comment...those people who are just sitting and doing nothing but criticizing should really change their views until they atleast contribute a little towards Pakistan...
Looking forward to your suggestions!
Old Saturday, January 05, 2008
Banned

sourtaste is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Humble points!!

Dear Mr.Ali,

Welcome Back to Pakistan and wish you all the best in ur shot at CSS.

Bro,Media of any sensible,mature and responsible society can neither be applauded as optimistic or pigeonholed as pessimistic.For,if u look even at so-called free media of any modern developed,western nation,they don’t unashamedly even hesitate in publishing the caricatures of Holy Prophets, thereby further aerating the abhorrence among different religious communities worldwide. In that so-called fully free western media,you are also bound to read,watch and listen to various versatile,at times edging on insanity,columnists,editorialists,think-tanks and reporters speculating and surmising in their own different ways on the same subject. What would you name such a media then,gentle bro??

The true essence and purpose of media is to reflect as mirror the realities of any society so that those at the helm of affairs could b apprised of the ground realities..Its not the job of free media to turn an ugly looking society or nation into some Hollywood heroin.Nor does it suit to media to turn a beautiful like Swiss society into some lollywood villain.We got one of the best Newspapers such as ‘Dawn’ and ‘The News’,etc who fearlessly put light on the facts relating to our society,though unfortunately very bitter ones.But,bro its not Myanmar or North Korea that our media should portray a suicide bombing in Waziristan which kills 100 people as some toy-bomb exploding without any fatalities.Facts are facts,and truth is always bitter.A pigeon by closing the eyes can’t get life in front of a cat.We should rather be proud that our media is neither subservient to any regime,faction or section in our society but portraying the facts as they are,say bitter or sweet.No society can ever develop without any hypocritical media.And if you think that western media is far more developed then you should also not forget the fact that how violent is western society itself(a murder in every 20 minute in USA for instance),and also see how many innocent soldiers of the western world are getting killed each day in far off places such as Iraq and Afghanistan just for the cause of everybody knows well..

Linguistic expression and diction never matters in any media unless it is catered for and understood well by those who know that language and comprehend it fully.A primary –educated person in Pakistan would not buy ‘Dawn’ or ‘The News’ for that matter,nor would any Norwegian layman would buy ‘Times’ or ‘Newsweek’ Magazine.’Dawn’ in Pakistan was founded by the Father of the Nation himself and of course who are willing to join the civil services and run the nation’s affairs are supposed to understand anything,anywhere between two full stops in single reading in that one of the widely respected newspaper of the 3rd world.…

FOREIGNERS WOULD CONSIDER US AS WE REALLY ARE BRO,DON’T PLZ BLAME OUR MEDIA FOR THAT,RATHER WE SHOULD APPEAL TO THEM NOT TO INFLATE THE FACTS N COME UP WITH DRACONIAN THEORIES OF THEIR OWN..

Laying floral wreaths on the grave of Quaid-e-Azam by the Governor Sindh or President of Pakistan in the morning of 14th August is the hallmark of our Independence day celeberations.It never symbolizes our deviation from ideology.Moreover,ours is an Islamic ideology,and what about the showering of roses,etc on the graves of not only holy men and heroes of our history but even our own departed grand parents,parents and loved ones.Call it as well negation of Pakistan’s ideology for that purpose.You mind burning candles outta affection for somebody and then what about burning chimneys at the tombs of many Muslim holy men of history across the world…This is but a mark of love and affection with the departed one my dear brother and neither Holy Quran,Sunnah or our ideology ever contradicted such symbols of pure affection..

Most of us are also positive as you bro,but being positive never means that the tornado would pass by if you just take it as an illusion to eyes..

Hope you would come up with certain other points to let us have a fruitful discussion..Allah b with you…Allah hafiz,bro[/FONT][/B]