Wednesday, May 22, 2024
03:30 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, June 03, 2013

tazimchaudhary is on a distinguished road
Default 29 My drone attack and new government

All of our leaders make different promise to stop the drone attack on the territory of Pakistan during their their election campaign .But before the new prime minister took his oath an other drone attack could make the situation more worse.what the newly elected government should do? and what kind of stance it should adopt.?
Old Monday, June 03, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,265 Times in 674 Posts
VetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to all

Drone attacks can't be stopped suddenly. Newly elected/selected govt should do a little home work, they should work on the improvement of economic conditions and then they can talk with the U.S/NATO about this issue. Drones can be stopped through negotiations. Taking down/destroying drones can make the situation worst.
there are already a number of threads on the said issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to VetDoctor For This Useful Post:
Majid876 (Tuesday, June 04, 2013)
Old Tuesday, June 04, 2013

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all
Default Two options for the new government.

1.)Opt the golden rule according to which others should be treated as we expect ourselves to be treated by others.And this is where i stand just because whenever a person dies in drone attacks i always visualise that what if my brother,father or mother was the victim of that attack?

2.)Opt the silver rule which states that others should be treated differently to what we expect ourselves to be treated by others.I oppose this because i dont have the courage to think tha becauset my brother,father and mother are safe so lets not worry about other people living in those areas.

And all this idea of golden rule may seem emotional but just for an instance put your family among the people who are dead in these attack and then decide.

Yes,all options should be explored before exercising the extreme measure of striking down the drone.But active and visible measures should be taken to address this problem.I know that sometimes week needs to submit to the strong but till what stage are we going to keep bearing this?

State of PAK has to do something about this.I don't care if my family dies in the aftermath of bringing down drones because this fire will ultimately reach our home anyway if we dont stop it.I mean we are the least on the scale of countries who have some honour in the world because of these attacks.Someone comes,kills our people and go away.

I am not deep down into these matters but what i know from my understanding is that they are not after terrorists,they are just after their interests and so there is no justification of these attacks.

This is madness that our people,who are responsibility of state,are dying and state is doing nothing,absolutely nothing.

We are dealt like this because we are cowards and dont have the guts to step up to the enemies.Otherwise Iran,north korea are also no match of U.S in military terms but drones are not used there how they are used on us.American stealths can also bomb those countries as well but americans know that those people dont think that what happens if we take down drones?

This is the extreme of being a coward that if we protect our people we are going to be hit MORE SEVERELY.

I can live with a state that cannot protect me but it is not acceptable to live with a state who do not even try to protect me.Imagine such attacks on Lahore.I guarantee that we will be ready to take up war with U.S on such a thing.And war is not what we need,i am sure we can stop these drones if we want to.

Just look at this issue from the eyes of the ones who are getting killed in these attacks and not from where we stand i.e away and safe from these attacks.
Old Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Neo[t] will become famous soon enough

In the present circumstances, Drone attacks can't be stopped by anyone. Estimates of those killed in strikes between 2004 and early 2013 range from around 2000 to around 3000; estimates of the proportion of civilian deaths vary dramatically. Pakistan's government publicly condemns these attacks, but has secretly shared intelligence with the United States.
Simple is that New Government won't do anything regarding this critical issue.