Sunday, May 05, 2024
08:01 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, July 05, 2013

mysterious me will become famous soon enough
Default Is Democracy failing!!!

turkey, egypt, brazil's unrest.. europe's falling economy.
dear aspirants and seniors lets bring forward our take on current scenario and reason behind it not only muslim states but countries like brazil are also facing unrest and rebel against the system........ if its true that it is the failure of democracy which other system should be opted
idealsome (Wednesday, July 10, 2013)

talalz3 will become famous soon enough

I don't think democracy is a failed concept. It has only failed in regions where democracy does not have deep roots like in Egypt, Pakistan and Turkey. The only reason developed nations are having economic problems is because of the incompetence of their rulers. Mind you, Europe and the USA are still the powerhouses of the world, no matter how strong China becomes its economy is integrated and depends closely upon the Western nations. These nations are powerhouses because in their history they had strong and influential democratic leaders. So I think blaming the system is not the way to deal with the crisis. Countries lie Turkey and Pakistan are already on the path to recovery, with democratic institutions becoming stronger by the day. Turkish protests were in no way a mass uprising. In fact, the majority of the Turks are happy with the current Islamist regime. Pakistan Inshahallah will remain a democratic nation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talalz3 For This Useful Post:
Muhammad Naveed Haider (Thursday, July 11, 2013), mysterious me (Sunday, July 07, 2013)

cosmos is on a distinguished road

Democracy isn't a failed concept but it doesn't apply to some countries and for sure isn't a universal concept. Just because it is successful in some places doesn't mean that it would be the same everywhere else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosmos For This Useful Post:
Muhammad Naveed Haider (Thursday, July 11, 2013), mysterious me (Sunday, July 07, 2013)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,265 Times in 674 Posts
VetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to all

I think democracy has failed in those states where military is a dominant organization and civil institutions rely on military for its functioning. Basic role of military is to safeguard the country's borders , but if the military start to play key role in other matters such as formulation of foreign policy, then democratic institutions lose grip over governance and it lead to military takeovers.
but at the same time we can't ignore civilian government poor performance and mismanagement. It is this situation which invite military to take over affairs of the state.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VetDoctor For This Useful Post:
idealsome (Wednesday, July 10, 2013), mysterious me (Sunday, July 07, 2013)
Old Saturday, July 06, 2013

haroono is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious me View Post
dear aspirants and seniors lets bring forward our take on current scenario and reason behind it not only muslim states but countries like brazil are also facing unrest and rebel against the system........ if its true that it is the failure of democracy which other system should be opted
Well, I don't think systems often fail but it is the people who are incapable of holding those systems either because of their ignorance or because a lot among them are unwilling for different reasons. Looking at what is happening to the Democracy in this context will simplify the situations to understand. The failure of democracy in most of the Muslim countries bear yet another reason; Democracy is in contradiction to Sharia', or that if they have their divine system in place why to opt for a worldly system. Even the most extremist or fanatics denounce Democracy(by it's definition) Polytheism.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haroono For This Useful Post:
idealsome (Wednesday, July 10, 2013), mysterious me (Sunday, July 07, 2013)

dms672 is on a distinguished road

If we see ground reality, democracy does not exist in the above countries. Taking an instance of our own country, does really democracy exist! I don't think so, throughout our history it has been seen that mostly dictators have been all in all, they used to crush real democratic system. Apart from that, democracy is not failing but the democraters get the democracy failed.

dms672 is on a distinguished road

I am away from dawn in these days. I have heard about Egypt unrest, truly I am unable to understand that what is the main issue, can anyone please through the light on this issue in little detail so that we can get it understood? Thanks..
Old Sunday, July 07, 2013

mysterious me will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms672 View Post
I am away from dawn in these days. I have heard about Egypt unrest, truly I am unable to understand that what is the main issue, can anyone please through the light on this issue in little detail so that we can get it understood? Thanks..
following is the link for this purpose enough ppl have discussed this issue there
hope it helps you

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...est-egypt.html

while reading all of you all's comments unfortunately i still couldnt stop my mind from thinking that democracy is failing because

1. pre requisites for democracy are so idealistic which make it impracticeable
for example literacy rate, transperancy, unbiasness of both the voters and candidates

2.it couldnt bring peace to the world because it is so vulnerable in itself to be exploited by public, ethnic groups, militants, politicians

3. second biggest religion Islam have its own system conflictable with democracy

4. an idiot's vote also count

Last edited by Arain007; Sunday, July 07, 2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: merged
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysterious me For This Useful Post:
dms672 (Sunday, July 07, 2013), idealsome (Wednesday, July 10, 2013)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Democracy is essential and naturally desired by everyone, however Parliamentary form of Democracy may be failing... A lesson from human history; If the crisis is not settled and keeps worsening at current pace then some form of Religious Authoritarian system is bound to replace Liberal Parliamentary Democracy in some part of the world (Islamic World seems most probable place for such a revolution if it happens, which is why it is the main target of all conspiracies these days) and then strive to expand globally which may result into a great conflict of the scale of a world war or similar.
idealsome (Wednesday, July 10, 2013), mysterious me (Monday, July 08, 2013)
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious me View Post
I take it as Capitalism is failing. Democracy is the only form which guarantees human race its existence. If you look closely you will find that the reason of unrest in Brazil, Greece, Chilli is Economical not actually political. In Egypt also the deteriorating condition of economy coupled with hard conditions of IMF that resulted in economic burden on masses compelled them to rebel. Keep in mind people don't come to roads to be beaten and murdered until they are helpless and already in miserable condition. In the case of Turkey we don't see any such economic pressures but their issue is somewhat different. People of Turkey think that Erodgan is now posing a threat to democracy thats why they are on roads to protect democracy. My father always say " 2 qisam k log ruler k khelaf uth kharry hoty hain, 1 wo jo bhooky hoon or 1 wo jin k pait buht bhar gaye hoon."
idealsome (Wednesday, July 10, 2013), mysterious me (Monday, July 08, 2013), Urma Waqar (Sunday, July 07, 2013)