Sunday, May 12, 2024
11:47 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, September 19, 2014

snake is on a distinguished road
Default Karachi should be separated from Sindh

It is a pity that administrative units are being used as a tool of dirty politics in Pakistan . New provinces are need of the time in Pakistan . But the political parties like PPP and PML N are opposed to it . The PPP do not want new administrative units in Sindh . Karachi is a big city of having more than one crore population . There is nothing bad in it that it should be separated from Sindh . The aim of creating new provinces is to have efficient administration . But MR Bilawal is crying on twitter ' Marso Marso , SindH Na Deso ' . Mr Bilawal is a crazy person who is foreign qualified and does not know about the importance of administration .
The administration is Sindh is so poor that i have recently seen a worse feminine in the interior of the province . The politics should be taken out of these important decisions of having new provinces .
The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:
tanker (Friday, September 19, 2014)

Umer Khayam Nizamani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
It is a pity that administrative units are being used as a tool of dirty politics in Pakistan . New provinces are need of the time in Pakistan . But the political parties like PPP and PML N are opposed to it . The PPP do not want new administrative units in Sindh . Karachi is a big city of having more than one crore population . There is nothing bad in it that it should be separated from Sindh . The aim of creating new provinces is to have efficient administration . But MR Bilawal is crying on twitter ' Marso Marso , SindH Na Deso ' . Mr Bilawal is a crazy person who is foreign qualified and does not know about the importance of administration .
The administration is Sindh is so poor that i have recently seen a worse feminine in the interior of the province . The politics should be taken out of these important decisions of having new provinces .
I don't know where to start from, The thing is Decentralization and aim of creating new provinces doesn't guarantee good administration and governance itself. Karachi by no means should be and could be separated from Sindh, It always has been and will continue to be part of Sindh. The very idea of making Karachi a province/Administrative Unit could result in serious bloodshed and civil war. People of interior Sindh who already have inferiority complex and who believe they are not given priority in Karachi and their feeling that Karachi has been snatched from them by people who were given shelter by no one but themselves would not tolerate this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Umer Khayam Nizamani For This Useful Post:
bakhtawar bhutto (Sunday, September 28, 2014), Sadam baloch (Friday, September 19, 2014)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I don't know where to start from, The thing is Decentralization and aim of creating new provinces doesn't guarantee good administration and governance itself. Karachi by no means should be and could be separated from Sindh, It always has been and will continue to be part of Sindh. The very idea of making Karachi a province/Administrative Unit could result in serious bloodshed and civil war. People of interior Sindh who already have inferiority complex and who believe they are not given priority in Karachi and their feeling that Karachi has been snatched from them by people who were given shelter by no one but themselves would not tolerate this.
That is very much understandable. Do you think any other scheme for carving out a new province out of Sindh will be acceptable to the people of Sindh in general? I think if we are serious in making new administrative units, Punjab should be the starting point. Secondly, making new provinces on linguistic basis doesn't seem like a very good idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
Ella (Sunday, September 28, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
That is very much understandable. Do you think any other scheme for carving out a new province out of Sindh will be acceptable to the people of Sindh in general? I think if we are serious in making new administrative units, Punjab should be the starting point. Secondly, making new provinces on linguistic basis doesn't seem like a very good idea.
I don't think there could be any scheme, That's what i get looking at people's sentiments in and around me. Moreover we should shift our focus on carrying out Local governments and giving them more power like mayors/comissioners Etc but province/federation unit is beyond reach.

Plus my friend above somewhat put blame on Bilawal and PPP. The thing is you guys don't realize the role of PPP here, It's only PPP which is holding Sindh with center and making federation stronger. Once they leave the politics, there will be a huge gap created and it will be exploited by Nationalists like JSQM and others which would in result hurt the federation itself.

Last edited by Gotam; Friday, September 19, 2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: chain posts
The Following User Says Thank You to Umer Khayam Nizamani For This Useful Post:
bakhtawar bhutto (Sunday, September 28, 2014)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I don't think there could be any scheme, That's what i get looking at people's sentiments in and around me. Moreover we should shift our focus on carrying out Local governments and giving them more power like mayors/comissioners Etc but province/federation unit is beyond reach.
I see. Yeah, that is probably true. We can't even hold a referendum. Whoever looses will cry foul and call for marches.

Quote:
Plus my friend above somewhat put blame on Bilawal and PPP. The thing is you guys don't realize the role of PPP here, It's only PPP which is holding Sindh with center and making federation stronger. Once they leave the politics, there will be a huge gap created and it will be exploited by Nationalists like JSQM and others which would in result hurt the federation itself.
That too seems quite right. How do you see the future of PPP in Sindh?

Quote:
I see. Yeah, that is probably true. We can't even hold a referendum. Whoever looses will cry foul and call for marches.
Not some but most, Their concerns would be justified, NO? I mean to say people who would call out for referendum for Karachi to be separate province would be MQM and you yourself know how they win. They do have a lot of support and cadre but still those thumping victories just don't seem real at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Umer Khayam Nizamani For This Useful Post:
altaf Hussainen (Sunday, September 28, 2014)

Quote:
Not some but most, Their concerns would be justified, NO? I mean to say people who would call out for referendum for Karachi to be separate province would be MQM and you yourself know how they win. They do have a lot of support and cadre but still those thumping victories just don't seem real at all.
Wohi, I agree. We don't have efficient enough administrative/political structure to manage free and fair referendum.

Quote:

That too seems quite right. How do you see the future of PPP in Sindh?
The future of PPP is anything but dark. I could be a bit biased here though, but still IMO there is no real alternative available and people seem to have adjusted with what little they get from the government and i see them winning from Sindh for many years to come.

Quote:
Wohi, I agree. We don't have efficient enough administrative/political structure to manage free and fair referendum.
There is one more thing you should remember, The very idea of referendum could be very costly like what would be criteria for referendum? Who could vote? Only people from Karachi or whole Sindh? This very issue would create only differences.

Quote:
The future of PPP is anything but dark. I could be a bit biased here though, but still IMO there is no real alternative available and people seem to have adjusted with what little they get from the government and i see them winning from Sindh for many years to come.
Well, that's not bad. I'm all for strong federal parties. Speaking of the people of Sindh, you are from Hyderabad, you must have seen the rest of the province too. What are the prospects of education and industrialization in the interior Sindh?