View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 02, 2006
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

It was and still is a great tragedy that the people who fought for the creation of this great country, were not there to lead it. Like Quaid e Azam, there were many more sincere people who could have led our country in a better direction, but early on the power vacuum was filled with selfish geniuses, who only put themselves first before our country.

Thanks to these self centered egoistic politicians that our country draws a completely opposite picture from what it perceived to be by our founding fathers.

Besides Pakistan Movement Leaders, I don't see anyone come to my mind who I can call A TRUE PAKISTANI LEADER AND A HERO in the national politics. People credit different individuals with different achievments, but I judge them on their overall progress for the country and their long term vision for Pakistan, and I have not seen anyone with that true vision.

In reality the journey of Mohammad Ali Jinnah to Quaid e Azam, was also based on the long term vision for the Muslims in South Asia. Good Leaders set a vision for their country that includes the wishes of its citizens as well as their blessings.

But on the local level, one personality emerged as a TRUE PATRIOT who spent his days and nights serving people, but unfortunately good people does not stay in power for long in our country....and that individual was HONORARY NAIMAT ULLAH KHAN ADVOCATE, former mayor of KARACHI.

As far as I know, he set aside all the party loyalties and such, once elected he was only loyal to the people whom he was suppose to serve, Karachiites. He did more in 4 yrs than anybody could have done in the entire history of Karachi. He is a true gentleman who let his actions speak louder than his words, my salutes to his service to his city and his country.

Thanks.

Last edited by Babban Miyan Ding Dong; Thursday, February 02, 2006 at 03:29 PM.