View Single Post
Old Saturday, September 20, 2008
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason:

tahirauf is on a distinguished road
Default @ New Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_horizons
there are a lot of different threads on essay-writing on this forum. Can any experienced member recommend a single essay pattern that alone can provide sufficient guidance on how to write an essay for CSS essay paper? Please recommend an essay pattern that is meant PARTICULARLY for CSS, and that has been followed by the successful candidates.

Or recommend some other link or book that alone is sufficient for preparation of essay.
Dear Member..I am giving you the pattern which i tried and got 67 Marks in English Essay.

- First of all go to the last page of the Answer sheet and start writing down the points you think in your mind regarding the topic,try to inter link things..like if the essay is on the "Islam's Peace Message" try to inter link in with the terrorism going on (which is not taught by Islam), injustices being done to Muslims,Examples from the Holy life of our beloved prophet Muhhamad (SAW) "Fattah Makkah and peace", "Sullah Hadaibya" etc... I mean to say just try to write in points each n every thing you think is linked to the topic (this is rough Working on back of answer sheet)

-Now come at start and leave a space for outline of the essay at the start of the answer sheet (this is highly recommended)-space shhould be 2 sides of a page,which can carry almost 30 points

-Now think deeply before writing the first two pages of your essay-Introduction That is(Introduction is the most important part of your essay)

-After intro,watch you rough work (points) one by one and start making paragraphs of each point.Just like introduction, the conclusion of your essay is also the Imporatnt part of your essay-you can give heading "conclusion" or not..(I did)

-when you have written your essay, now watch each paragraph,what it is about and make its point on the Outline (space left at the start of answer sheet), by doing this all paragraphs of your essay must represent a point in the NEAT outline.

-After this in last 15 mints just revise your essay for grammatical and spelling mistakes.

-For time management give 30 mints for thinking about essay topic+rough outline,2 hour & 15 mints for writing main body of essay+neat outline,last 15 mints for revision..I am sure my practising this exercise before exam and during exam you can score 60+ in essay (InshAllah)

-I would recommend you to get "Golden Notes" of Mr. S.P.Hammad of Officers academy Lahore..these notes will help you a lot to compose a good Essay.

Need further help,please do'nt hesitate to ask again
Arooj Goheer (Saturday, October 26, 2013), Chauhdary12 (Saturday, September 27, 2008), fluent_20 (Wednesday, March 31, 2010), marwatone (Saturday, September 20, 2008), nageen (Saturday, September 20, 2008), new_horizons (Saturday, September 20, 2008), pisceankhan (Friday, September 12, 2014), Saqib Shah (Saturday, September 27, 2008), Surmount (Saturday, September 20, 2008), zt4096 (Saturday, September 14, 2013)