View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 21, 2008
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason:

tahirauf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_horizons
Thanx for the comprehension rules. But i was seeking help regarding the NOTE (250-300 words).. Anyway, the comprehension guideline was still useful, because I needed that too.

But This is the question I am talking about:

Q.3. Write a comprehensive note (250—300 words) on any one of the following: (20)

a. To rob Peter to pay Paul
b. The child is father of the man.
c. Art lies in concealing art
d. Life without a philosophy is like a ship without rudder
e. A contented mind is a blessing kind.

Should it consist of a single paragraph or more? Can you give a similar pattern for writing this note? Secondly, what kind of substance and material should be written in it? the topics are mostly philosophical. Is it supposed to be a philosophical note? Or one including facts and figures as examples?
Dear Member,

First of all I am sorry for not understanding your question completely..well the question you intend to ask is about Paradox not Comprehension

For paradox..Mr. Mehmood has already given some good points..i 'll try to put some light further on this topic...well as far as paradox is concerned,choice of the paradox to attempt is the most cruicial point.

please DO NOT attempt the topic about which you are not 100% sure..after you are certain about a topic then follow the same pattern as for essay...think deeply before you start writing,YES you can present your material in more than one paragraphs (it is advisable too), you can use examples and other supportive incidents to back up your statements.

Make sure that the length of your paradox explanation does'nt exceed 300 words..it must be between 250-300 (or any other number mentioned in Q paper)

as mentioned in my previous post that Precise, Comprehension and Paradox (what you call NOTE) are THE important portion of the English paper,the candidate who scores good in these three Qs pass the paper otherwise.....

Moreover Think as much as you can before attempting the Q...If possible (time allows) do some rough work before attempting the neat version.......

Regards,

Last edited by Shooting Star; Wednesday, March 07, 2012 at 02:45 AM. Reason: red colour..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tahirauf For This Useful Post:
nageen (Sunday, September 21, 2008), new_horizons (Sunday, September 21, 2008), pisceankhan (Friday, September 12, 2014)