View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tanya is on a distinguished road

@ Khurram
Hmmmm……………nice informative post but we have actually deviated from the actual discussion. The point was not the history of Islam but "Whats behind your success".
You have mentioned the nature of free will and I do believe in the existence of free will but I disagree to your logistics. In my opinion free will is there for you to decide what's right and what's wrong, more precisely what is a sin and what is not. So that you cannot blame ALLAH for all your deeds at the day of judgment. But what's beyond our free will is the will of ALLAH which is more commonly known as fate or probably good and bad luck and we can't do anything about it. For example we cannot decide where to born, when and where we have to die, what diseases we will get in our life, what ALLAH secure for us in the future? Here are some proofs to support my point:
"The keys of the unseen are five: 'Verily, Allah! With Him (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour, He sends down the rain, and knows that which is in the wombs. No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and no person knows in what land he will die. Verily Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware (of things)' Surah Luqman 31:34
Ibraahim ibn al-Mundhir told me that Ma'n told us that Maalik told me, from Abdullaah ibn Deenaar from Ibn Umar (ra), that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said: "The heys of the Unknown are five, which no one knows except Allah: no one knows what will happen tomorrow except Allah; no one knows what is in the wombs except Allah; no one knows when it will rain except Allah; no one knows in which land he will die; no one knows when the Hour will begin except Allah" (Sahih Al-Bukhari Kitaab Tafseer Al Quran Hadith No 4328)
As a human being and the owner of free will, all we can do from our part is to work hard. It's not obvious that every time we will get the reward too, and this uncertainty is what we called fate or GOD'S WILL or THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE UNSEEN.

Regards,
Tanya Ahmed.