View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 19, 2017

PartyPooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardar Ali Sher View Post
Brother in the intro i discussed what i will discuss in the essay. My thesis was that yes , modern wars are not holy wars , several examples will be discussed in the essay such as etc etc to prove that modern wars are not holy wars.

Then i defined war in the intro paragraph and linked the last line of the intro paragraph with the continuing paragraph to show a connecion as to what i will discuss in the next paragraph. Went on to add quotes in the essay. Then described the examples by giving both sides of the topic i.e what holy wars are and how modern wars are not holy , in respect of the example heading. Though my essay was 1500 words since i didnt want to be irrelevant.

Had you relied more on arguments (eg. "Modern wars are not holy wars because holy wars condemn indiscriminate killing unlike what is practiced in modern wars), and then qualified them with said examples, I would tell you to be sure of your success. You emphasised more on examples and made the argumentation less prominent. But still, you have managed to stay more or less relevant. If fate doesn't conspire against you, you can clear with this one. Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to PartyPooper For This Useful Post:
gintino (Monday, March 20, 2017)