View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 30, 2017

valiant222 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Abbas View Post
Well, the books are already there by prominent scholars. Personally, I don't think Dogar, Jehangir or any other Urdu Bazar book can do justice to this subject. So it's better to focus on books mentioned by FPSC.

50 % of GS is psychology, 30 % anthropology and 20 % from other social sciences subjects. That was made a seperate subject in 90s. Comparatively GS jargon is easy for a social student rather than PAs. All of GSs social construction theories are taken from prominent psychologists like Galtung and Freud.

Even If you can't get a book in Pakistan mentioned by FPSC, these days it can be ordered on-line. Or, one can use Britannica Encyclopedia, Stanford Encyclopedia or other GSs journals online. (To get an idea of theoretical aspect of the subject).

Next part of GSs course is Pakistani dynamics, and interestingly these are materials by our intellectuals like Robina Seigol and Farzana Bari. These are easily available. Then there are case studies of Mukhtar Mai, Malala, Sharmen Obaid. These are all online.

Importantly, this is a research based subject and your input would give you more command on the subject.

Now the choice is yours; GS or PA

Certainly! your post shows your insight regarding GS . Have you attempted the paper of GS or you have some kind of degree??? . Now I am seriously thinking to switch from PA to GS , now another question arises in my mind about length of syllabus of both subjects which one is easily digestable ???

secondly! If you have gone through preparation phase of GS then how many days do we require to tackle GS if spare with 4 to 5 hours daily .

Thank you