View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 07, 2017
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2017 - Roll no. 16770

fawadhash is on a distinguished road
Default Going against an essay topic?

Salam, someone knowledgeable please clarify this ambiguity. I had always thought that it was "ok" to go against a topic as long as it was justified to write against a topic. I was going though past thread of Essay 2017 paper for sake of nostalgia and I saw someone mention there that "you shouldn't go against the topic", unless the Essay is expressed in the form of question.

So, my essay topic was "feminism is not really a third world issue". I argued against it saying that "feminism is really a third world issue" or important third world issue. Was I wrong to go against the statement?

Someone knowledgeable please clarify this so aspirants don't commit mistake, if it really is mistake, in future as I couldn't find a thread dealing specifically with this subject. If it is ok to go against a topic, when is it justified? Although, I saw an outline by Sir Bilal on the same topic and he also went against the topic, I thought I should create a thread to have a complete sense of when it is right to go against a topic and when its not.