View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 07, 2017

ADIL KHESHGI will become famous soon enoughADIL KHESHGI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawadhash View Post
Salam, someone knowledgeable please clarify this ambiguity. I had always thought that it was "ok" to go against a topic as long as it was justified to write against a topic. I was going though past thread of Essay 2017 paper for sake of nostalgia and I saw someone mention there that "you shouldn't go against the topic", unless the Essay is expressed in the form of question.

So, my essay topic was "feminism is not really a third world issue". I argued against it saying that "feminism is really a third world issue" or important third world issue. Was I wrong to go against the statement?

Someone knowledgeable please clarify this so aspirants don't commit mistake, if it really is mistake, in future as I couldn't find a thread dealing specifically with this subject. If it is ok to go against a topic, when is it justified? Although, I saw an outline by Sir Bilal on the same topic and he also went against the topic, I thought I should create a thread to have a complete sense of when it is right to go against a topic and when its not.
While writing an essay, though you can write either way but when it comes to CSS, you need to be very careful. You need to study the mind behind the topic of your selection. For example, take 'Feminism is not really a 3rd world problem", in this topic, the examiner, hailing from a 3rd world country, is expecting arguments that could confirm the thesis statement.... Don't ever go against the national interest (asdefined by the state institutions... Don't ever go against your national heroes nor contest any statement by a state institution.... And you should do it in a simple, comprehensible and fluent English that is grammatically correct. Regards
fawadhash (Thursday, September 07, 2017), naheed Akhtar (Thursday, September 07, 2017), Nauman Gondal (Friday, November 16, 2018)