View Single Post
Old Thursday, October 05, 2017

smrizvi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Island View Post
If you believe that only civil servants serve the nation and the private sectors, businessmen, web entrepreneurs, engineers, farmers, sweepers and the rest of the people are only serving themselves, then you guys really don't know what serving the nation means.
It seems that you have taken my original statement personally and out of context. No is doubting your contribution to the country in your role as a web entrepreneur. Or the respective contributions of the countless professions that you have mentioned. But I would strongly recommend that you study the concept of public and private sector that is commonly taught under macroeconomic theory. It has long been established that the public sector exists because it caters to the markets that aren't deemed to be profitable by private businessmen.

Let me further break it down for you. One of my closes friends works as engineer for Nestle. Now Nestle creates a lot of jobs in the country, but their prime motivation is not the greater good, its maximizing their profits. The fact that jobs are being created is a ripple effect.

Also, on a different note, while I do appreciate the contributions that you and other moderators make to this forum, I don't think it affords you the luxury to resort to sarcasm. The best way to enlighten someone is through educated arguments, rather than childish and immature use of emoticons.
The Following User Says Thank You to smrizvi For This Useful Post:
siddiquiali (Thursday, October 05, 2017)