View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 08, 2017

ADIL KHESHGI will become famous soon enoughADIL KHESHGI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subhan Ahmad View Post
I don't understand why people keep this criteria that ONLY the person who does not want anything in return can serve the poor. I find this to be a very immature, unrealistic, and judgmental thinking. If being selfless was integral to a civil servant then it would have been written in the eligibility criteria.

For me, what is important is how the civil servants provide their service. I expect them to be very professional which is far more realistic than expecting them to be selfless messiahs. If they make Halal every penny they get, I don't mind even if that person earns in millions- they have "earned" it. When Raheel Sharif was given acres and acres of land upon his retirement, I did not mind, most of us didn't; it is because he delivered and no body can say that he did not serve the poor.

Furthermore, you can hold a civil servant accountable if he/she acts unprofessionally. You will make a fun out yourself when you tell someone that he sentenced to jail because he is not "selfless." Good luck with you that.

Still, those who consider themselves "selfless", they do not need their"selves" to enter in civil service to serve the poor. Demonstrate your selflessness now so we might follow your example.
Agreed but only partially. On a personal note, professionalism is what I expect from a civil servant,I damn a care about their properties, status et al., the point I'm trying to make is that a civil servant should not utilize his status and authority for his/her personal interests. You don't know about the corruption of government departments and you don't know about the history of our bureaucracy. I'm just saying that the system of 'Judicious Management' must stop.
Secondly, being a realist, I want to see the people as they are and not as they ought to be... why do people already serving in BS-18 wish to demote themselves to a BS-17 post? and that too for serving the nation! where their current jobs offer them ample opportunities for doing the same? I am just against this hypocrisy of concealing one's intentions..... the rest is history.