View Single Post
Old Friday, November 03, 2017

checkmywork is on a distinguished road
Default Introduction of Can women be equal to men in Pakistan?

Seniors, I have written the introduction of the essay. I will soon post my complete essay. I want you all to comment especially on flaws in my expression. Thankyou

Can women be equal to men in Pakistan?
Although the women participated equally and sacrificed more the men in Pakistan Movement, they have failed to get equal rights in Pakistan. It is a bitter reality that women who comprise almost half of the population are not equal to the other half; the men. The women are not provided with equal opportunities and depend upon men. In every field of life, they are to face patriarchal and conservative behaviours. This mindset has not emerged overnight, rather it is a result of norms and traditions consolidated over the course of centuries. To address this issue, the succeeding governments have taken some considerable steps but to no effect. Those efforts included enactment of laws and formulation of commissions. But these endeavours failed to address the basic causes of gender disparity across the country. Consequently, the governments failed to materialise its dreams. However, if the authorities concerned decide to evaluate and take pragmatic steps to solve the problem, it can ensure gender equality in Pakistan. Coordination, cooperation and commitment from all sections of society is a pre-requisite. Therefore, it can be said that if the causes of gender inequality are addressed, women could become equal to men in Pakistan.