Thread: Hard CSS
View Single Post
Old Sunday, February 01, 2009
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 7th in Sindh Urban

Emoemar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankestein of css
First of all I am going to tell you guys about the nature of my job at sanofi aventis I was a doctor joining pharmaceutical company, while waiting for the result of css 2007 and was enduring the anguish of the long, long delay.
I was on a entry level job and the nature of the job required me to learn a little bit of marketing, the ways and means of Pharma world and than by securing an MBA from any pathetic private university, more like buying one, to be climbing the aisle of corporate world
Usually my seniors, who were also dowites, took 8 to 10 year to reach the national sales manager or some other senior management or marketing post
I was given the most prized brands of sanofi like flagyl, amryl and others and was given the responsibility of convincing the doctors on the efficacy of my product
Job was very easy, well suited to my lazy nature I was roaming around the country through flights and staying in 3 star or 4 star hotels and slaing my products to valued customars.
Presentations were mostly in lavish restaurants and I used to give presentation about the wonders my product have, by showing latest research papers.
But actually my real job profile was to collect the demand list of doctors, identifying real cash crop, in this case a doctor who has a busy practice and invite him to a health education conference, some where like Bangkok, Johannesburg or some other " fun place"
The doctor concerned, obliged by the blessing bestowed by the company would then prescribe the medicine as wildly as he could, oblivious of the fact that the patient needs it or not, in order to keep the company in good faith
Some of my products were just placebos. Though could not be marketed in EU or in USA, but provided to customers in the domestic market as panacea for their aliments
I got fed up. I witnessed so many mal practices that I began to loathe the very profession I belonged. Sycophant doctors and professors swindling through their profession in order to gain as mush carnal pleasures as they can get in their short span of life, now left to them after their investment in the field of education (However there were many, many exceptions but pharma people usually avoids cloying such characters)
I prepare for css 2008 in the last two months of my contract
Now CSS is also a matter of luck. I flunked in précis by 4 marks I first attempt. However in 2007, I was also busy trying to do many things at one interval. So I was not favored by luck as I am for now.
English précis, as we all know has no room of slackness, taught me the taste of bitter pill of failure. My father is a civil servant and it was his earnest desire for me to follow the footsteps. I am, hopefully, third generation running in this business. So I know about the pride.
Now Css is hard not only by the hard nature of the job, but also because of the very process of selection
I personally know many civil servants belong to notorious PSP and even customs, which are living by honest ways and working with sheer devotion. I know a custom collector, who a neurologist (A graduate of King Edward) earns his living by doing private practice in the evening.
WE, the common man are witnessing the collapse of social structure
Merit, justice and virtue are dearth in our society. The elite, which has imposed upon us, doesn’t need a seventeenth grade job to have its ways. They have establislished a supra normative order, enjoys their privileges in their palaces, a forbidden kingdom for the 98 percent unprivileged left over.
CSS and Army are the only left over institution of Pakistan. Both are safe for now as the stake holders of these systems do take pride being meritorious and the cream of the country and majorily because they are still strong enough to resist the incursion of power elite. There are many champions to supremacy of merit, who are the unsung heroes like Jamshaid Gulzar and the respective secretaries establishment, trying to uphold the one beceon of light, which shows that hard work do pay in Pakistan. There were guys like establishment secretary Viqar ahmed, who in the seventies provided the military junta the convenience of blaming the CSPs for the debacle of east Pakistan, but the respective post in the last years did get some pride back.
@ Owais

Bro ... i understand where you're coming from .. after all we did have these same discussions during our Psy and Medical if you remember !

I was merely pointing out my opinion with regards to the prestige part of the equation.

And as for the point you make regarding the collapse of the social structure: While i agree in essence that this is something happening in the world we live in today, but neither are we the first nor the last to witness something like this. In fact i believe this is just the way human societies have been over time immemorial, the only difference if there is any for us, is the process has been hastened by the environ that is today's society and the larger fallout from the interplay of the forces that shape the world of a 'modern man'.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emoemar For This Useful Post:
Frankenstein of css (Sunday, February 01, 2009)