View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 10, 2009

sadiqkhattak is on a distinguished road
Default Who are the guardian of ideological boundries of pakistan

@ linchpin

Man sorry to say and i am pretty sure that you will also call this cynicism. let me clear your mind first that i am a staunch advocate and believe in the true spirit of democracy and really siffocate from the very nature and even the dictatorial behaviour and also have a firm and strong belief in the institutional buiding and their due role in the development of countries and nations. but in critical analyses like this topic is converted into in my mind after reading your post [ i may be completely wrong by thinking so] you have to keep your affiliations aside and decide on the facts and figures.

Since independence we the people of Pakistan have experienced nearly 24 years of military rule [ 1958-62, 1969-71, 1977-85 and 1999-2008]. where were these politicians to inculcate the true demoratic spirit in the masses during the first decade of our independence. if we study the reasons of the military interventions it was these very politicians who invited and welcomed the army to come to the corridors of power on the pretext of saving the country. First it was iskandar mirza, then our populist leader made some blunders and tried to sabotage the spirit of democracy by amending the constitution in his own political favour, rigged the election that made the politicians of that time to unite against him and ask once again the military. then last time every political force has time and again invited the military to play its due role. So why these politicians playing the same role again and again and now once again our politicians are using the shade of democracy and avioding the military intervention to play with the wishes of the popular masses. Man Although sorry and Bitter its a fact that our politicians are hypocrites and they have used and using the democracy like our clerics and so called guardians of Islam have used the name of islam to make fool of these people. The problem is neither with the system nor the people its with our so called political leadership that even not knowing the meaning of democracy rhetoricaly and shamelessly call them the champions of democracy and the representatives of people. Man its the fact and we have to accept it that neither politicians, military and nor the mullahs want democracy in this region as they are different sides of a coin and they all have common benefits that are only subject to dangers when there will be a true democratic form of government. The current status quo although disappointing But i am still hopeful and much optimistic about the Govt of the people for the people and by the people as the winds of changes have started blowing and they can't robb the fate of this land of pures no more.

Pakistan Zindabad
Jamhuriat Paindabad