View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 10, 2009

saqibshaikh is on a distinguished road

I think attitude adopted by linchpin might not be acceptable. But i gues some points made by him might help us in determining the true essence of the topic. As he truly mentioned that we have finally achieved so called democracy-although its not the one which is required but i guess i f we keep it flourishing then one day we might be at some better level.
Coming back to the topic, i guess we should not only think in one direction. We need to see both sides and this is the bitter reality of life.
Some of us made a point that "philosophers sniff" and intellectuals implement. I totally agree. But are'nt they the emergents from masses.
Islam was the main contituent of pakistan's ideology but what about the election results of 1937(pardon me for wrong year). Most of the islamic thinkers and philosophers supported congress and still more then the whole population of pakistan, there are muslims in hindustan.
So i strongly believe that the masses of pakistan(exclusing elites as they love to mimic west and feel proud of it) and maily poor and middle class is the true saviour and guardian of pakistan's ideology.
With due respect for seniors as they might have their own opinion.